If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The amount of rage quitters in this game is now absurd

Options
Chiky
Chiky Member Posts: 598
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

How am I supposed to play as killer if the survivors rage quit on the first knock down?

It used to be 1 per week at max, but now it's an average of 3 per game, and the last one as always happens to be right next to the hatch...

What's happening to this game???

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

As bad as it is, it's nothing compared to the times they've taken down the DC penalty. Those days, it was hard to find a match that didn't turn into a 3v1 within the first minute. Solo queue was straight-up unplayable.

If only those serial ragequitters could get paired with each other and leave the rest of us in peace.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    Options

I play on PS4 and my frame rates drop at random moments when in chase which will then cause me to bump into things or run against the wall. Hate me for DC'ing but it's hard to deal with the amount of bugs & glitches this game has especially when you know or have played more polished games. One of my last games before taking a break, I waited and lined up perfectly for a flash light save only for the flashlight to bug and not aim/ go above the waist. When you stack the little things & other frustrating things into the game, it can be quite hell. And it's not a rage quit in my experience it's just "forget this, I'll just play something better" mentality.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,850
    Options

Honestly the penalty should be harsher than it currently is. Wouldn't stop d/cing completely, but it's a little too lenient imo.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

I feel like the penalty is pretty reasonable. I have a friend who rage quits with regularity, and it's really not long before their cooldown is so long that they can't play with us for the evening. Working as intended.

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 143
    Options

Yea the rage quits are ######### ridiculous at this point. At least 1 out of every 3 games I get 1-2 dc's. It's getting old

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

The problem with anything harsher from BHVR is that sometimes people disconnect without they fault/intention. I once was playing normally (as killer) and the power went off. It went back on like a minute later, but it was too late, no possible to get back into the game, and had to wait 5 minutes to get into another one.

But at the same time, the game should have a record. If the player disconnects mid game frequently, their penalty shouls be higher than just waiting...

Also, players on the team who remain after the DCs should be awarded more bloodpoints. I was just playing my 3rd game as the hag today (right before making this post) and managed to get 2 downs relatively quickly. I hooked one, moved to hook the second one. When I hooked the second one, the first one was finishing to kill themselves in the hook, so they died. The second one disconnected the moment I hooked them, and like five seconds later another player disconnected. Less than 3 seconds later the last survivor was already escaping through the hatch (as usual, the hatch aplears literallt next to the last survivor) and I ended the match with like 6K points... The survivor who escaped had almost 15K points in that time (no idea why they got so many). And the rest obviously 0, but I think all their possible points should have been awarded to the survivor who stayed and me. That'd be at least a compensation.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

I've seen a lot of disconnects recently.

The most ridiculous one today was a Dwight. I was two-hooking everyone, and he was the last one left to double hook. He popped the final gen, I downed him, and as I was carrying him to a hook he DC'ed. What the hell?! No one was dead! All the gens were done! I just don't get it.

Yesterday specifically, I saw so many disconnects that it was almost like the penalties had been turned off. Almost.