Dredge's new perks are amazing

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

All of them enable interesting new playstyles and work really well overall. Especially dissolution is my new favorite perk on Killers like Clown, Doc or Legion. Makes these Killers actually FUN to play.

10/10 chapter tbh

Hope really dead hard will be more fair cuz that is the only thing imo that makes these weaker Killers really frustrating.

Comments

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Also Darkness revealed is so Good on Dredge and other Killers who are fast, has teleports or Need to interact whit lockers :D

• BenZ0
    Options

I played it on Oni, still need to try it out on other Killers but I also really enjoy using it.

• BenZ0
    Options
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,921
    Options

Idk if I would they are amazing.

Septic Touch is not really that good. Most hit and run killers have undetectable so they don't benefit from it.

Dissolution tells the survivor the next time they vault a pallet it will break, making it not that impactful when survivors can play around it easily.

Darkness Revealed is the best perk of the set and it's still pretty bad on certain maps like Swamp.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,657
    edited June 2022
    Options

The locker and pallet break perk are both pretty cool and enjoyable but I'd argue Septic Touch is one of those worst perks in the game, like bottom 10 or 20. Very niche situational perk with a very tame effect.

I'd change the terror radius requirement to 32 meters of the killer so spoopy killers can use it since it would work better on them anyway, replace blindness with oblivious so normal killers could get some sneaky plays, give it hemorrhage on the person getting healed as well so all the healing progress they had disappears and buff the time it lasts a little bit.

• BenZ0
    Options

How do you want to play around dissolution? Have fun trying to run to a different loop against a Clown or Doc lol

• Crowman
    Options

Slow vaulting a pallet does not break it. If they can't get to another tile, they know they can still use the pallet if they slow vault.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,239
    Options

Septic Touch is complete trash.

The other 2 are decent though.

• BenZ0
    Options

bruh if you say so 😂 you crealy didnt play with this perk and are now just trying desperately to find any argument. Sry but this was the weirdest thing I have read in my life in the forums and i am here for a long time xDD

• Crowman
    Options

I have play with the perk. And I've seen survivors just slow vault pallets when they have nowhere else to go.

If you are constantly able to get pallet breaks with the perk, the survivors you are playing against are either not paying attention to their hud or do not know what the new perk does.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Discordance. Trust me on this.

DR is...eh. I'll use it on Trickster and Huntress with Iron Maiden, otherwise - 8ft is really close, and on a lot of maps there aren't many lockers, or there are no lockers near most of the gens.

Really? I love Dredge to bits (he's likely going to join Artist, Demo and Hag as my mains) but I think his perks are...pretty mediocre.

DR - very RNG, will often show you nothing at all, and the cooldown is more punishing than you think.

Dis - It's...fine, but it locks you out of certain killers (ironically, it's pretty bad on Dredge), addons and perks, most of which I really like.

ST - Sucks. Very situational. 10 seconds is almost nothing, and I've tried to make it work on Legion, using Nurse's (about the best user I can think of).

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I loved Dredge, he is good and fun killer but perks are kinda meh. I loved pallet perk, Doctor mains will love it honestly. Locker perk can be useful for Huntress and Trickster mains. And that's all.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208
    Options

all new perks are mediocre at best and garbage at worst , these perks have a combition of the forementioned

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Dissolution isn't about breaking pallets, per se, it's about putting survivors in a position where they either fast vault a pallet but get hit anyway or don't fast vault and still probably get hit pretty easily. Forcing the survivor into a no-win situation where they get hit no matter what they do is a good place to be as killer, if they happen to choose the option that also removes a pallet in the process that's just a bonus.

• BenZ0
    Options

Love this "whole not busted and braindead op= garbage" mentality. Makes me very glad to know that I use my brain.

• BenZ0
    Options

very well explained, wish I could explain stuff that well xD

• StarLost
    Options

The problem is that on some maps, by the time you've got them to drop said pallet you might as well have used another, better perk to end the chase sooner.

For example, a survivor runs me to the cow tree loop on Cowshed. I chase them around and around and eventually get them to throw the pallet. They then fast vault, break it and run away. I've saved...not all that much time at the end of the day, as opposed to running another chase perk like STBFL, or even PWYF.

It's pretty great on tighter loops or less safe pallets, but you can do other stuff there.

It's not a bad perk, but it's just not good enough for me to bump stuff like Discordance.

• dugman
    edited June 2022
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dissolution is "top tier" necessarily, I'm just replying to someone who seems to be claiming it's a bad perk because it doesn't always consistently break pallets.

Also being map dependent isn't too big a deal. Bamboozle is kind of pointless on The Game but it's still a pretty decent perk overall for instance.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

Dredge is easily my favorite killer since Legion release.

Really like playing him

• StarLost
    Options

I'd hesitate to put it even at mid tier.

Bamboozle is more of an 'in case' perk. You run it on some killers in case you get sent to a map with one or two ridiculously broken vaults (Swamp logs) stupidly OP structures (Badham) or both (Cowshed). And even then, it helps directly in chase as that faster vault is nothing to sneeze at.

Dis...it saves a little bit of time here, and maybe turns a 30 second chase into a 25 second chase once or twice a game, on an ideal map. It often does nothing, because pallets generally aren't the big problem - it's safe pallets, in proximity to other safe pallets and vaults. Once a pallet is gone it's gone, but a vault is there forever, which is why Bamboozle is a thing and Dis likely will never be.

• dugman
    Options

I think Dissolution is probably strongest with killers who survivors normally try and pre-drop pallets against and who they like to heal fully against. Pre-dropping a safe or god pallet against a killer with Dissolution is asking for possible disaster. Also killers who slug with the ability to rapidly get into a new chase after a down can potentially benefit in the following chase from Dissolution. On the flip side, killers who attack while Undetectable (i.e. Dredge, Jump Scare Meyers) get less value from it.

So it's a killer dependent thing. And when it works it can save an entire chase on top of the couple of seconds it takes you to break a pallet normally, not just 5 seconds of extra mindgaming.

• BenZ0
    Options

In the end its just a preference ofc, many perks have their own advantages or uses in certain situations, thats what makes a perk a perk in the end. I really like for what it is and enjoy using it personally so I will continue using it ofc. But I do get where you are coming from and that is also totally valid. But as some other ppl go out of their way and trying to call it "useless" is just cringe to see tbh xD