The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Spine chill will hopefully not change much

GHOSTfaceP3
GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

This perk has helped me especially since I've come to grips with my horrible eyesight, I really hope it stays the same

Comments

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

That's the only change it needs is for it not to work against stealth killers

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

They will probably just increase the number from actions to like 10% and decrease the meter radius to 20.

I doubt they will make Stealth Killers counter it.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Oh I'm sorry, do YOU wanna play Mickey and GF and get no stalk off at all because the survivors get an indicator as they are approaching so they have alot of time to hide wherever they want?

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

Turn your camera, the closer you get before you start stalking the better anyway. Michael stalks faster the closer he is, stalking at a distance as gf gives survivors plenty of time to make distance.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Who...said Sadako was a stealth killer?

That's like saying a Honda Civic is a 'fast car'. Compared to a bicycle, maybe. Compared to an actual fast car...lol.

• Tryharder
    Tryharder Member Posts: 173

perk is a braindead perk, I literally escape blasting music on my AirPods while just spinning my camera 360, especially on maps like midwhich where killer can’t even sneak up on you because 3rd person pov is balance. Thank god no one like stealth killers. What even is the point of terror radius and red stain when spine chill exist

• cluelessclaudette
    cluelessclaudette Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2022

....what....??? have you even played Sadako?

her demanifest (M2) makes her stealth up until a certain range.....sort of like every other stealth killer. No killer is 100% stealth.

I've been in lockers when stealthed Sadako walked by, you don't get the sound alert and she bleeps in and out fast.

Please don't comment unless you've actually played her

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

My guess off-hand is they might be removing some or all of its action speed bonuses. Honestly the perk would still be quite decent just for the alert it gives alone, I never really understood why they gave it action speed boosts on top of that.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

When I first started playing, my friend suggested Spine Chill and said, "the cat alerts you." So I imagined hearing a cat in-game, and this is the sound I expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUF3N3G5Pk Needless to say, I was disappointed with the perk lights up instead.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited June 2022

I never saw a problem with this perk honestly. Even as someone who likes stealthy killers.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

I don't see how they can nerf or rework this perk without killing it. It's fine as is, in my opinion. We'll see.

• jokere98
    jokere98 Member Posts: 575

she does have a 32m "lullaby" while demanifested, so, survivor know, that she's near

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I've played her extensively, planned on maining her for a while until I realized that I wasn't doing it wrong, she's just...bad.

The point of my silly analogy is that she's barely a stealth killer, because all she really gets is crappy phasing. Hell, Pig, Hag or VM Myers with Monitor are more consistently 'stealthy' than she is.

The actual stealth aspect rarely comes into play with any consistency, as by the time you're close enough to start approaching your lullaby has given you away, and if it doesn't they can see you a fair ways away, even with the addon that reduces it.

All she really has going for her is sustained mobility, which itself is gimmicky and RNG reliant.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 305

A perk that counters an entire killer's power...seems like a BHVR thing to do. Spine Chill is not fair even in the slightest, it completely ruins all stealth killers and all stealth perks/add ons, it's actually a bit stupid how much it nullifies for being totally free and requiring no input from the survivor; then again that has never stopped BHVR from making things unfair for killer side. Looking foward to BT, UB and DS all being base kit while gen regression perks get deleted and they add 5s to each gen.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Behavior hasn't stated yet what the plans are for what's becoming base kit, and what base game changes are being made. Probably best not to assume or spread assumptions among the masses for something that may never come to pass.

As for spine chill itself, I could definitely see it being changed in a few ways. Since it's a catch all perk that can be put into any build. Behavior has stated previously that they wanted to start moving perks more towards creating different specialized builds rather than have a handful of catch-all perks that are used in every match and just rotated out.

Spine chill right now gives constant knowledge and value all throughout the match, and gives bonuses all throughout the match without really requiring anything. So yes I see this perk being changed into something that's more build focused.

Which in my opinion, that direction is a great direction to work towards on Behaviors part. It creates more room in the meta for other perks and builds, and requires more actual thought outside of, should I bring iron will or spine chill with my DH, DS, and BT?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

It’s tricky. I really feel like it needs to not work against stealth killers, but idk the best way to make up for that effectively.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Maybe they could have it so the perk doesn't light up when you are being actively stalked. Or shrink the cone of activation. If they simply remove its ability to work against undetectable then nobody will ever run it again.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

Why not leave it as it is but give it stacks like stake out or diversion, that way you don't get a free pass against stealth killers but you instead earn it, and it still does the same.

On a side note, is any stealth killer in this game actually good?

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Stalking from further away as Ghost Face is pretty much a necessity.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

If a perk hard counters an entire category of killers, and would become useless if nerfed, then it's a poorly designed perk and should be reworked from the ground up.

Spine Chill should not provide action speed bonuses, nor should it hard counter stealth killers. Without their stealth ability, stealth killers are just very weak M1 killers.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

I am pretty sure its gonna be a range nerf. Maybe to 18 meters or something like that.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I think it will work the same, just not on killers that are undetectable

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

I don’t understand why certain perks that are not even meta, are getting reworked/changed. Spine Chill is one of them and is fine as is IMO.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They need to nerf the strong perks a lot, if they are serious about not wanting people to use the same perks in high MMR.

• Klavatoo
    Klavatoo Member Posts: 61

spinechill is aight but i'd rather run better perks. I don't need help facing stealth killers. lol

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Tbh this perk might as well be removed, it doesn't make game any interesting but rather plain kills an aspect.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,436

I think it should not work against Myers in Tier 1 or Ghost Face in night shroud, because they rely on looking at enemies. Other stealth and undetectable killers can look away at least, although it feels awkward and unfair that you have to do this in order to use their power.

I'd be fine with it being countered by Undetectable but having a stronger effect, like someone mentioned.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388
    edited June 2022

The problem is when it activates it stays activated and has no cool-down. Really premonition is the perk it should be. The killer is facing your direction within a certain distance, the perk should then light up for 1/2 seconds and then go onto cool-down. It’s then up to you as a survivor to make a choice on whether you keep doing what you’re doing, make a move elsewhere or go and hide for a little while.

The fact it has no cool-down and completely negates stealth killers/undetectable in its current form is ridiculous. I don’t really understand the need for the speed boost it gives either.

• Anoniemoose
    Anoniemoose Member Posts: 12

It's almost like killers don't like having their powers negated by a single perk.

• indieeden7

It's almost like the perk can be pretty much hard countered by moonwalking

• Anoniemoose
    Anoniemoose Member Posts: 12

I'm saying killers shouldn't have to take into account this small stuff while using their powers and just know that the effects they are using will just work.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,846

I have an idea for a new universal killer perk. I call it eyes on the prize:

If a survivor faces a generator or hooked survivor that is within 36 meters of them, their aura is revealed to the killer. The killer also gains 9% bonus to pick up, hooking, vaulting and pallet breaking speed while this effect is active.

It's totally fair and balanced, just moonwalk if you go for an unhook and never look at gens 4head

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

I hope this perk gets a big nerf. It destroys the gameplay of Stealth Killers and Stealth Confusion Perks. Sorry

*Jumpscares suffer too unfortunately*

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

It would have to last a lot longer than that. A killer could coincidentally trigger it while chasing another survivor, leaving you with the possible wrong assumption they are headed your way. It doesn’t tell you where or how far away the killer is (except within 36 meters), which is why it’s ok it doesn’t have a cool down.

The speed boost at minimum is because of perk tiers, but is also quite negligible outside of vaulting. I think it fits the perk, your senses are tingling/heightened while being looked at by a killer.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

What “power”. Mike’s entire kit is to get out of stealth, Waith is transparent not even invincible so if you have any halfway decent eyesight you’ll be able to see him coming (not to mention he rings a bell when uncloaking. Ghost Face is the only “stealth” killer that actually relies on stealth and even then if you're not a potato and just stare at the gen you're gonna be able to see him. Spine Chill is only useful for vault speed build and for “stealth” killers and some stealth perks like Tinkerer and Monitor. If it weren't there is 0 use to the perk, might as well be Deja Vu.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited June 2022

Then they can rework it to that. It will make you jump faster. Also there is so much stealth killers are destroying by this perk.

Myers is stealth at tier 1 and this perk makes hard to stalk people. Plus his TR is small at tier 2. Plus he has add-on which makes him stay in T1, full stealth. This perk counters his all powers.

Sadako has small TR and she can come close to take free hit. But SC is warning you about her and you are hiding or starting run to loop.

Wraith has same issue of Sadako's.

Ghostface is already you said, yeah smart survivors can see you but SC should not warn you about him.

Dredge is 100% stealth in Nightfall and plus he can take surprise hit with teleporting lockers. SC should not warn you about him as well.

Yeah this perk is issue for all stealth killers and this needs to go. Because surprise hits are important part of their kits, SC makes this imposible.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Maybe its getting a CD or an amount of seconds of use before going into CD, like you have 10 seconds of Spine Chill, once they are used you have to wait 30 seconds for it to be active again.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

Mike is one of the tallest killers in the game if you look around you're going to see him lol. Getting out of T1 is extremely easy even if they do have Spine Chill.

Sakado again you can literally see her in a certain radius even in her cloaked form lol. Idk what matches you play but any mid-tier survivor knows how to look around and then hold W.

Yes except you can arguable see him at an even further range and he actually makes noise when de-cloaking, actually you can hear his noises when he's cloaked lol.

You can hear him going to a locker, you can lock the locker.

Getting “surprise” hits on with them is pretty hard regardless of Spine Chill. That's why all of them suck except Dredge and that's because he has 3 different powers. The rest are so easy and only low their players ever get surprised by them. Now any good player is just easy and pre-run since their “stealth” isn't very stealthy. It only “destroys” the killer because they're relying on surprise hits when that tragedy sucks. Which is why most stealth killers are never good.

• cluelessclaudette
    cluelessclaudette Member Posts: 35

How is she less stealthy than Myers? She's literally invisible until you manifest or get too close. Even with Wraith, you can see the entire screen blur with his weird crunchy noises.

I fully understood your point, your argument is just non existent and very weak.

• indieeden7

I think you're forgetting Whispers is in the game, again a decent perk, and again, balanced. Much like Spine Chill, you don't know where the survivors are, only that they're nearby. From your example, you seem to be under the impression that Spine Chill shows you the exact location of killers at all times, which couldn't be further from the truth.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Idc about spine chill countering stealth perks but the way it shreds stealth killers is pretty harsh considering they're a pretty weak bunch overall.

People have brought up needing it because of deafness or other disabilities but really they shouldn't have to bring a perk for that and it should be an accessibility option. Maybe the visual TR indicator that dbd mobile has or something.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,846

The point I was trying to make is that the counter play to my imaginary perk is the same as spine chill. Just awkwardly move towards objectives or suffer the consequences.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508

You can't just straight up remove Spine Chill. There are only a handful of perks that are helpful for players who are hard of hearing or deaf and Spine Chill is one of them. Some gamers need it.