We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I was T-Bagged 6 times today by Ghostfaces, can someone explain how it's offensive or upsetting?

Seanzu
Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I'm just curious is all, it happened multiple times but I feel absolutely nothing at all, I don't feel personally attacked or targeted and see absolutely no rational as to why so many people are upset by survivors doing it?

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

Perhaps a bad day?

If I play a good match and I know that I contributed really hard, I don't mind the TB, but if I had to face nurses, bleets, or whatever in a row before that one, then I may feel tilted. I don't mind GF that much though. I've always seen him as a meme-y killer.

• Seanzu

idk it doesn't bother me I'm just trying to find out why killers find it so offensive when it had no impact on the game,

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited June 2022

I dont get tilted by it either but I believe the reason a lot of people do its because someone loooooong ago decided doing crouching motions over the corpse of other players after killing them was a way of asserting dominance and it catched on.

First time I remember seeing that was in Counter Strike Beta 5.0 so more than 20 years ago, I dont recall seeing it in Quake 2 nor Quake 1, and you couldnt crouch in Doom 1 or 2, I believe it may have started with Counter Strike.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

People can’t separate the fantasy world from the real world basically.

You get angry when you lose so you get extra angry if you think someone is taunting you over loss.

Just people upsetting themselves over nothing.

• Seanzu

idk if triggering his power while t-bagging my downed body is what he as going for, lol.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

It's no offensive or upsetting, it's just a message that player is sad, pathetic and miserable, and play game not for fun, but to somehow hurt others, in anyway.

So you should be ashamed yourself, you should be mad and scream in rage, not indifferent!

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I guess I am invalid because of one player’s experience in one day

D:

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

T-bagging is the video game equivalent of a touchdown dance, a way to say “In Your Face” after scoring a point. I don’t get angry when people do them against me, although I do think it’s kind of dumb. I get a bit more irritated with survivors who decide they just want to hang around in the Exits t-bagging instead of leaving and ending the game, it’s just dragging things out for no reason at that point.

I will say though that the people who t-bag when they beat you at a pallet, but then who turn around and disconnect when you down them and/or who insult you in chat after the game as a “tunneler/camper/bad killer/etc” are insecure babies who like to dish it out when they think they’re in the superior position but are the sorest of losers when they’re not. Not everybody who t-bags is that type of jerkwad, but those types of jerkwads do love to rub it in when they win.

• Seanzu

Definitely wasn't the same guy, I've had a lot of Ghostfaces tonight 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Play killer and find out.

• Seanzu

I do play killer and it still doesn't bother me, weird.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Doesn't bother me either. I just hate clicky clicky because it is actually irritating to listen to. Your story is just weird because it is from a survivors pov when normally it is a killer issue. Nobody would find a tbagging ghostface annoying, especially since doing that is buying your team time on gens so its a good thing that they do it.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Because meaning is based on common consensus, and teabagging at the end of the game is the equivalent to your opponent at the end of a hard fought rugby game spitting in your face and calling you a loser, rather than shaking your hand.

• Seanzu

This is so warped that you compare t-bagging to having bodily fluids slung at you lmao, I can't believe this community it's embarrassing.

• Seanzu
    edited June 2022

Where did I say I want to farm with killers, I'll wait for the quote that you clearly have lined up.

Also where am I offended? Because I made a joke post asking how everyone's games were going while I was being face camped? Didn't realize that meant I was offended.

The amount of things you put in quotes that aren't actual quotes is staggering, but it's not rare for the forums to be full of people making things up.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

It's 2022. People think everything is toxic these days and cry over a video game when someone else is better than them

• Seanzu
    edited June 2022

Thank you so much for checking out my stream, I appreciate it!

You should go over my posts, it's pretty funny because there isn't a single thing on the killer side I would nerf besides the Nurse & her addons, I guess I'm just an evil survivor main 👿

The majority of my posts are news related, my comments are mostly mocking but again, evil survivor main that wants the nurse dead.

Anyway, do you have any tips on what I should talk about while I'm being chased by killers? Seems odd to talk about someone doing a generator while I'm being chased or something.

Edit: Oh I know what you're talking about yea my literal first match was someone who immediately tunneled someone off the hook and moried them, I would definitely say if this was a common thing for people it would ruin the event for them yes, I've been reading that survivors are gen rushing and ruining the event for killers, idk what survivors are supposed to do besides gens, any tips?

• Seanzu

Who's reaching? Someone said t-bagging is like having someone literally spit in your face after a sports event, now that is reaching.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640

For me it depends on how they act during the trial. Teabagging at the gate? Whatever. Teabagging while camping a pallet however? That’s the toxic one that makes me sad.

• Seanzu

Like, I do play killer, not very often anymore though because I much prefer hanging out in chat with friends or whatever but for me there is nothing a survivor can do to bother me and that's where my mentality comes from.

My understanding is that, survivors are a 'team' and they're supposed to collectively try and escape together, and there is no possible way for survivors to do that without doing gens, and on the killer side they're absolutely supposed to kill survivors and can do that how they please but they don't have to tunnel to win whereas survivors HAVE to do gens to win, and nothing really bothers me on the survivors side either but yea I got annoyed because 4 survivors brought in flans to an event and the killer brings in a mori and relentlessly tunnels this solo player out of their FIRST match of the event, I think it would leave anyone sour honestly.

• Seanzu
    edited June 2022

Bro I type GG in end game chat and get the killer spewing garbage at me for saying it because it "wasn't a real gg". Literally can't win whether you're 'nice' or not.

and my apologies, I hadn't read this 10 year old article.

• StarLost
    edited June 2022

'One rule for me, one rule for thee'.

Killing one person ASAP is the optimal way for the killer to win in many circumstances. Much like slamming out gens as fast as they can and avoiding unnecessary chases and hooks is the optimal way for the survivors to win. Yes, it's possible to win without these things, but - in a tough game, it can be bloody unlikely.

You don't get to be salty about getting tunneled with a mori if killers aren't allowed to be salty about having people show up with 4x BNP, a map offering and a PTS squad.

It's fine, there's no shame in being wrong, only in not admitting it.

Also - yeah, I find that really, really hard to believe. You can't suddenly switch tack from 'I teabag everyone' to 'no, I'm really mannered, trust me'.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

For some, it's a mating dance, for others, it's a way to communicate over long distances

For me, it's to assert dominance

• Seanzu
    edited June 2022

How is it one rule for me one rule for thee, I quite literally state that killers can do it as they please but in the grand scheme of things they don't HAVE to tunnel to win, survivors HAVE to do gens to win.

Killers can get kills without tunneling, there is no other way for survivors to do gens besides literally sitting on them.

• StarLost

Yeah, you're missing my point.

Survivors aren't just supposed to 'do gens'. They are supposed to do gens *as fast as possible*, because it's a race between them doing gens and the killer trying to wipe them out. Thus, killers counteract this by removing a player as fast as possible.

Now, I'll try not to do this as far as possible, but sometimes - when you think it's an SWF and it's a bad map - you gotta do what you gotta do, because if you don't go claws out from the get go, you're going to get stomped.

One thing I will say is that, as someone who plays both sides evenly, I frequently see killers 'ease up' when they have control of the game, and there is even a subtle assumption that the killer will let the last survivor get hatch as a gesture of sportsmanship. I know that I get complained at enough when I don't. Although, hell, I get complained at when I do at times too.

On the other hand, in about 800 hours, I've had two survivors, total, give me a 'pity kill' on a game where I didn't get any.

Something tells me that there's a double standard at play here, but that's a different discussion.

• Seanzu

idk man, pity kills just don't feel good to receive, it's weird - I know killer mains who dominate the majority of their matches and give the hatch / doors to the last survivor but would absolutely never give a pity kill. I wish I could explain it but we all know it, giving pity kills just doesn't feel good for either side, and ontop of that survivors average 12 - 15K for a match they die in, but average 17 - 22K in a match they escape in, all because of the giant boost in BP from escaping, it feels good to give the survivor an extra 5 - 7K, I don't know how much a killer gets but they average way more than survivors and one extra kill at end game would net them 1 - 2K I think? I wish it felt better and I can't explain why it doesn't but it's fun to give survivors a hatch or doors but doesn't feel good for the killer or survivor to give them a kill.

• StarLost

I don't know. I certainly appreciate, and I've been thanked by (often absolutely astonished) killers when I do it.

Killers do lose out on a fair amount of BP for not killing everyone, actually - you get a decent bonus for killing everyone.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 703

Its midnight and Im reading this as a general "why do people hate this"

I think its because tbagging is, both in general gaming culture and especially DbD Survivor culture, used to convey dominance over your defeated opponent. Survivors use it to essentially gloat to the Killer, so to suddenly have a Killer turn that around must hurt.

Same thing with a Killer nodding or shaking their head. Personally, I love yo bag with my GF, especially with Devour Hope moris. Just adds that extra bit

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Was taking a small break from my p3 quest, checked the forums and as soon as i saw the title i thought "its showtime"

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

“I also caught your stream once” same lmao. I’ll leave it at that

• Seanzu

Lol, the irony of having two people slate my stream on the forums while also telling me I should be nicer to people I meet online.

Weird, very very weird.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy all the streamers you watch that absolutely have never once said a single bad thing about the people they play against ^_^

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The one thing that I find irritating: flashlight macro users. This damn noise is annoying af.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Since there is only one ghost face, GF teabagging is 100% not offensive.

If there was four, it'll be bullying.

• Seanzu

Dude I swear they've slowed down clicking, some people have said they haven't but it feels way slower on the event flashlights.

maybe it's just me.