Video Horror Society

Options
Scorbutic
Scorbutic Member Posts: 4

Might be old news for many of you, but I recently found out about this VHS game and got access to the closed beta...gotta say it's actually pretty fun.

Love the 80's aesthetic and love the idea of the teens (survivors) having the ability to fight back against the killer. Teens are actually VERY enjoyable to play imo.

But I'm a killer main in DBD, so that's what I wanted to go for in VHS as well and...goddamn it is not fun imo. Granted I'm a very low level player and the matchmaker is posting me up against very high level teens, but even ignoring that, I just don't feel like a big bad killer in that game. 90% of the time, I'm hiding for line of sight so the actual scary side (teens) don't down me in 2-3 seconds (or instantly, depending on their weapon).

Seems problematic to the point where I worry about the health of the game if it releases like this. It seems clear that others feel the same though because my monster queues are nearly instant while my teen's are around a 10 minute wait (maybe this is due to lower pop because of beta idk). I really hope the game ends up doing well though.

Just wanted to get other DBD players' thoughts - have you tried it out? am I just bad (probably) at monster? are you looking forward to getting your hands on it if you haven't already?

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Monster requires a lot of effort to not die but I'm one of those psychopaths that enjoys it more than teen. Teen is still fun though, although overall I do prefer Dbd.