What are your top 3 chapters and why?

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

This includes the following criteria:

• -Killer appearance and design
  • -Killer power mostly of how fun you find it
  • -Map if there is one that came out with it also only appearance
  • -How much you like the story of the characters (Survivor and Killer, or just one of them)

This does NOT include how strong or weak you think ANY killers or maps are, its just about pure fun and how much you like anything.

My personal top 3 are:

1 Cursed Legacy - I love everything about the Oni, amazing looking killer, great lore, the gamepIay is really fun but can get frustraiting cuz of dead hard and the rough early game you can face at times. But besides that you REALLY feel like a enormus monster hunting down your target and killing them in seconds as soon as you find them, amazing feeling you have as playing the Oni which makes him a ton of fun, I dislike sanctum of wrath for beeing a 3 gen map but I love the desing of yamaoka estate in general and I really like Yui as one of my favorite survivors story wise and appearance.

2 Roots of Dread - Absolutely LOVE the idea of the Dredge. Having a gruesome and disgusting monster that should be that "thing" you see in the night or under your bed is such a AMAZING idea huge props to the team who designed it. Dredge is one of the most fun Killers in the game, it feels so good to teleport from locker to locker and sometimes jumpscaring survivors like that. I really like haddie's design and also like her general character, the lore of her is pretty average imo but the dredge's amazing lore weightes that out easily. Garden of Joy is one of the best looking maps so far and I love the general vibe of the map.

3 Darkness Among us - Legion is a increadibly underrated Killer in terms of lore imo. Great characters with ALOT of truth behind the lore. Power isnt that strong but very fun to use, I am coming back over and over to that Killer cuz the feeling of the power feels that great to use, especailly after the update. A shame the Killer still sucks in terms of streangth. I love jeff cuz he looks very much like me, hes like my long lost brother, his lore is abit lack luster imo but we may get more lore in the future in the tomes. Mount ormond is one of the coolest looking maps, I love the vibe and the general look of the map, especially the main buildinig looks SOOO cozy, I want to live there no joke.

Lemme know yours

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,496
    Options

1) All-Kill:

The chapter's theme and chemistry between Yun-Jin & Trickster was well done. If only a map came with the chapter though.

2) Resident Evil:

Aside from its devastating launch, I liked the chapter. I really love playing on RPD and since I'm a RE fan, it's only natural that I like it.

3) Demise of the Faithful:

The theme of popularity, praise, and worship were well done and I liked it a lot. It also brought Head-On to the game so YAY! Miss Thicc was also a welcomed addition; representing certain body types.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,236
    Options

Resident Evil - Because its Resident Evil

Silent Hill - Because its Silent Hill

Roots of Dread - Because the dredge is fun to play against.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,994
    Options

1) All-Kill Trickster has gone from a weak character to a solid character with fun gameplay (when playing) i will say he sucks to play against.

Yun-Jin used to be one of my mains until Jonah walked in. no map so :(

2) Potrait of a Murder some how gave me 2 Mains. I play Artist alot even know she isn't my true main (Trickster) id say she is my secondary main and Jonah has taken the place of Zarina as my Number one Main, Map is fantastic. And now that they added more lockers its lot nicer to play on as trickster.

3) Resident evil, fun perks (Blastmine, Flashbang, Hysteria, Lethal Pursuer) map is fun to play on when im playing trickster some killers have a hard time on it tho. Leon, Chris, Claire, and Jill are all welcome

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Halloween - It's shown it's age but at the time absolute slamdunk in terms of fitting the source material and added good perks for both sides and Michael is fun to play with more build variety than any other killer due to their addons. Haddonfield never really panned out but I love the concept for it as a map even if it doesn't play exceptionally well.

Hellraiser- Ignoring the NFT debacle which was an absolute massive misstep on behavior's part we got scourge hooks and a very unique killer and it introduced me to what is now my 2nd favorite horror franchise after Halloween.

All-Kill- This is weird pick for me since I don't especially like Yun-Jin or Trickster but the narrative of having a survivor and killer so closely tied together was cool and I can't deny the chapter absolutely lit the forums on fire (even if a lot of it was negative it was fun to watch). Perkwise I really appreciate Starstruck for the times I don't feel like dealing with bodyblocking and No Way Out for making end games builds more viable and encouraging not camping. To this day however I will never understand why they took that beat out of Trickster's menu theme that was there in the PTB it fit so well and was cool to hear something so different for a killer theme.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Easy.

Pinhead, pyramidhead, and probably either the newest one.

Ever since I first started playing I always said I just wanted pyramid head and pinhead in the game, and I got it. So those were easy.

And finally dredge because it feels more like their original horror roots with plenty of darkness and scares. Definitely one of the best original killers to come out in a while

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,994
    Options

Yeah i miss it, the beat from the ptb menu music trickster

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options
    1. Silent hill good killer good map with amazing aesthetics the perks were pretty decent that chapter maybe like 2 were bad imo they also got akira yamaoka the silent hill music guy to contribute to the chapter which was awesome also got to see Cheryl again
    2. Nightmare on elm street chapter I'm a sucker for the remake I didn't think it was totally awful but overall I like everything that came from the chapter besides preschool and I miss old Freddy
    3. Tough choice but I would have to say chains of hate or darkness among us both chapters the killers are genuinely interesting with neat perks and overall fun abilities
  • BenZ0
    Options

Idk if you where there but back then when they teased the temple map (just the under temple area) I was really excited but then after it came out that the temple is "just" the red forest I was really dissapointed. The temple could been such a cooler map imo.

• BenZ0
    Options

RE is also very up close with the top 3 imo, it was indeed a great chapter

• BenZ0
    edited June 2022
    Options

I was really close to put spark of madness aswell in. Despite Lerys beeing an indoor map I think its one of the most balanced maps overall, as far as a indoor map can get balanced ofc. I also really love the Doctor and I used to main him before Oni and Dredge, the only thing that keeps me from playing doc way much more is dead hard tbh. Also I dont think hangmans trick is one of the worst perks, I am suprised you wrote that since it shares alot of simularities with BBQ if not even better at times.

• BenZ0
    Options

trueeee I thouhgt I was the only one, I sitll have it on my phone cuz it sounds just amazing. Same goes to the PTB oni chase music, was one of the best ever made. Really sad that we dont have access to the old things anymore, just give us the option to pick them ;(

• BenZ0
    edited June 2022
    Options

I really like Silent hill aswell and I would put it also rather high but sadly not top 3. I LOVE pyramid head and since dbd came out I was just waiting for him to join us in dbd. Totally in love with pyramid head, one of the best adapted licenses ever brought it. However I do would say that the map drags the chapter overall down. It looks amazing but the gameplay is NOT fun at all on it. This map is by far one of the worst maps ever made. The main reason is both sides have to play in a extremely unfun way for their opponent. Killers have barely any way to protect the gens properly unless you are a nurse or other teleporting Killer, so you are most likely forced to camp and tunnel hard in order to win or if you want to get kills. On the survivors side you are forced to play VERY slealthy which reduced the contact and gameplay for both sides drasticly. You have alot of pallets overall as an number on the map which is true BUT alot of them are very far away from each other which therefore makes the map overall very unsave to loop in general, especially in the mid and late game after some rooms and pallets are used. You cannot play that agressive or greedy on this map which therefore promotes very boring avoiding like gameplay against the Killer. You cannot imagine how many times Killers just walk across the long ass hallways trying to find and then catch up the survivors cuz they just run arcross them for min.

Again map looks great killer is amazing and cheryl does look abit poo imo, like quentin but maybe we will get an face rework aswell for her, i sure hope so. But ye the gameplay of the map kills the chapter.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options
    1. Resident Evil = I love this franchise so much. Jill, Leon and Nemesis are my fav characters from series, i am happy to have them. We can remove RPD i guess.
    2. Halloween = Myers is weak killer but he is great icon. Laurie is best last girl. Both characters have great perks. Haddonfield is fun map.
    3. Stranger Things = Sadly we lost this chapter... Demopet is cute, we all love him. Nancy and Steve are great characters. Nancy has good perks, others are meh. Hawkins was fun map to play, even people hates it so much.
  • deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    edited June 2022
    Options

Resident evil stranger things and silent hill. Why? All 3 killers have awesome design, amazing lobby music and S tier chase music and cool powers. The maps are meh gameplay wise but they look amazing. Then the Survivors are some of the best in this game like Jill Steve Nancy and Cheryl. Those 4 are at the top in my tier list. I should preface by saying that I had no experience with any of those 3 licenses before dbd so thank you dead by daylight for introducing me to such amazing IPs.

Edit: forgot to mention that resident evil gave us the greatest survivor in this game and you know who it is lmao

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,496
    Options

I definitely was!

I thought we were about to get a full catacomb map.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2022
    Options

Leatherface is the King of DLCs

Bubba gave us 3 of my favorite perks in the game and arguably the most controversial killer in the game

Franklins, Knockout, BBQ is there any other DLC that even comes close to a 3 perk home run?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

1) Demise of the faithful - good killer, good killer perks, good survivor, decent map

2) Silent hill just because it's silent hill. Love Cheryl, have come to like the map, pyramid head isn't really for me but it's still cool he's in the game

3) Darkness amogus - Killer was horrible on release, map was horrible on release, the survivor is usually forgotten about, impressive for being a mess of a chapter that the game survived and has since improved on.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,760
    edited June 2022
    Options
    1. Halloween: I am a die hard Halloween fan and this chapter brought me my favorite killer. Michael Myers is an icon of horror and I love his play style and how versatile he is with builds. Been my main for four years. Laurie is a great survivor and while DS was not always a balanced perk its now one of the best and most balanced survivor perks in the game. Love Haddonfield, again something that wasn't always balanced, but now its a great map, visually beautiful and faithful to the original Halloween movie.
    2. Demise of the faithful: Plague is a solid killer, she is a good counter to the healing meta, and brought some great killer perks to the game. Thicc Jane is cute and head on is a funny meme perk.
    3. Curtain Call: The Clown make not be a great killer but he's a lot of fun and I have a soft spot for evil clowns as I am a huge fan of The Joker, so the Clown was always a hit in my eyes. He brought two excellent killer perks to the game. Not to mention MAURICE. Our beloved Maurice. Kate is another cutie survivor and windows of opportunity is a very nice perk.
  • BenZ0
    Options

Dbd had a decent playerbase at Darkness among us, we had there mettle of men pre nerf, survivors where really happy to play there. Thats why I was happy when Legion came out, just as survivors ######### up Killers killers could finally ######### up survivors just as much, it was probably the worst time dbd ever had but it was nice that the devs gave also the Killers a tool against it as a revenge.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Silent Hill - One of the best chapters ever released. Cheryl and Lisa are two of my mains (And two of my favorite SH characters), Pyramid Head is fun to play and I love the creepy atmosphere of Midwich and all the easter eggs.

Portrait Of A Murder - As soon as Artist was introduced to DBD, I absolutely fell in love with her power. Her power is very fun to use and I love the overall design of her character. Her lore is also great. Jonah is meh and I never really play him. Eyrie Of Crows is beautiful and probably one of my favorite maps in the game.

Roots Of Dread - I love the Dredge, he's probably one of the creepiest killers we've had I this game in a while. His power is very fun to use and I love surprising survivors during Nightfall. I didn't really like Haddie at first, but she kind of grew on me and now she's one of my mains, next to Nea, Zarina, and Cheryl. I also love her lore.

• BenZ0
    Options

I am glad to see more ppl enjoy the newer chapters aswell, I was also struggeling with Portrait of a murder, I do really like this chapter aswell and I still play Artist to this day very frequently.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

1 - All-Kill: Trickster and Yun Jin are my main characters I play. I love the dynamic between them in their stories. I also occasionally listen to Trickster's main menu music in the background. They are my favorite characters to mix cosmetics with and Trickster's power is overall my favorite. Something about the way Trickster acts makes me really enjoy playing him and I actually feel like a killer in the chase. Without this chapter, there would have been no collaboration with KARD too, which is how I found out about that music group and is my favorite to this day.

2 - Chains of Hate: Deathslinger is very fun to play for me. He was the first ranged killer I got into and proved to me that I can play ranged killers on console as well, despite me moving to PC later on regardless. I feel immense satisfaction landing shots as this dude like no other. I also just find Zarina really cool. I need her to have more cosmetics though fr.

3 - Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy was my original killer main and, likewise, Quentin was my original survivor main. This chapter, along with the Legion trailer before they came out, were the main reasons I got into this game. Old Freddy and Quentin will always hold a special place in my heart. I miss his old power so much and I feel the rework was unnecessary save for a few tweaks.