We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

The Self Care nerf doesn't make sense

While it was always a high usage perk, no one brings it at the top level because it wastes way too much time to heal off of it. Now, new survivors will be spending around 40-45 seconds healing.

Solo survivor is a pain as it is, I don't want more reason for my teammates to do nothing all match.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,897

I guess they wanted to encourage circle of healing usage

They definitely did the job

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited June 2022

I swear the buffed the tier 1 and 2 version to match the heal speed of tier 3 of it years ago because it was SO slow. Whilst just adjusting the item efficiency bonus between tiers.

Bad change for self-care. Although if you want to farm survival points, keep Claud at P1 I suppose.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

"no one brings it at the top level because it wastes way too much time to heal off of it."

They are alleging that this is false, so take that as you will.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,565

It makes perfect sense. The point of these nerfs wasn't to tackle overpowered perks, it was to tackle the current meta. Self-Care is one of the most used survivor perks of all time, of course it was going to get a nerf, or some kind of rework that made it less viable. That's the whole point here.

Also, people did bring it at top level, a lot. The dev update even says that's where its usage peaks.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited June 2022

It was brought at top level, all the time. The devs mentioned this in the update.

Edit: I'm late to the party, clearly, I just have a knee-jerk reactionist attitude when I see falsehoods that could be corrected by reading. I should have read. I am the hypocrite I so often point out.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,169
    edited June 2022

I have to agree. Im fairly happy with most of the changes, but the two I have issues with are this and the extra 10s to repair time.

1. All this does is force solo survivors who want to run SC, to also use Botany Knowledge, on top of the near-essential Kindred. So only one free perk slot, or you gamble on your team mates for heals. Although Pharmacy is buffed too so that's another option.

It feels like they completely misunderstood why SC was a meta perk. It's a noob trap and falls off at higher levels of play. It really didn't need a nerf.

2. The change to repair speeds is a blunt change that likely wont aid killers as much as it irritates survivors. A much better solution would be a dynamic scaling repair speed that decreases the better the survivors do and increases the better killers do.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • ArborTime
    ArborTime Member Posts: 32

Kindred isn't near essential though. It does such that you have to use 2 perk slots for it to be viable now though. I'll get over it though I don't use it much anyway.