Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Time to quit

13»

Comments

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

What gets announced doesn't always make it to live but if you want to jump on the doom and gloom we fear change bandwagon go for it.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

As a survivor main who plays solo queue, I'm happy with the changes and won't be leaving.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

The bias you mostly see on these forums are not coming from solo q survivors.

And about those stats, why did they not show them and just stated it? And from what they said before, solo q escape rate is 15% lower than swf, so...

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

To be fair, they said they look at the reasons the perks are used and wanted to adress the underlying issue.

I am a solo survivor only, and i use self care, because all other self heals are not reliable, and random teammates aren´t either. (i could tell you about teammates that let you heal them, and then instead of healing you they run off to get some sweet hooksafe-points, leaving you unprotected, or people not healing you so you are the easy target might the killer show up). And did they adress the reason self care is used? I dont think so. And for everyone saying CoH is better anyway....yes, if you are an swf. If you are solo, some guy will still break all totems he find, just for the points, because he nees some points since he stays away from gens and killers alike.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

My point wasn't that they removed the BP bonus, it was that they removed the BP bonus from both BBQ and WGLF but WGLF got a buff to compensate while BBQ just got the nerf.

So much for Sluzzy's "Nothing but survivor nerfs".

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Oh woe is the poor forgotten solo survivors.

I play mostly solo survivor, the SWF folks I played with have largely moved on from DBD.

The disparity between solo and SWF is to be expected, a single player in a PUG group will never do as well as an organised pre-made. Any PVP game will demonstrate that.

I think you only get uppity about solo being harder than SWF if you are the kind of person who'll get uppity about anything in game.

If you are setting yourself up to never have any fun then you're never gonna have any fun. No in game changes will help you there.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The killer buffs are great. Killers definitely need a bit more time for their objectives, and to be fair, the best slowdown perks are all getting nerfed. I just think that the Overcharge and Eruption buff are a bit too much, they will probably just become the new meta slowdown perks, which is not good.

Some of the meta perks are also being overnerfed, that's just not with the survivors side though. And survivors are getting a few very strong perk buffs as well.

The big problem is the lack of proper tunneling and camping nerfs. Camping is even getting buffed. If survivors don't get much more when the patch releases to the live servers, then I can't blame any survivor player for leaving the game until survivors actually get some proper buffs against camping and tunneling. I definitely also expect killer queue times to go up a lot if this patch releases exactly as shown in the dev update.

• ad19970

They don't need to revert changes. Maybe some perk changes, but no baseline changes. They just need to give survivors some actual, proper buffs against camping and tunneling.

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346

Even before this update, I was already of cutting my DBD time in half to play more VHS. Maybe its just because it's new but it's been way more fun, less busted.

• ad19970

Lol no, killers won't need a nerf. Nurse and blight will, but probably not the others. Survivors just need much more against camping and tunneling, and some of the meta perk nerfs will also need to be reverted.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Goodbye, I'll substitute your position when survivor que time stops being 10min.

• ad19970

Are you also talking about the killer buffs? Because I would argue all of those except for the bloodlust buff are good. The problem is survivors aren't getting even nearly enough against camping and tunneling as compensation. That's what I don't understand.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I have a bad news, most numbers are additive, only Selfcare is multiplication.

33% Botany make the heal 133%, Selfcare makes 50% healing speed isnt 133-50 = 83%, but 133 /2 = 66.5%

New Botany make the heal 150%, but new Selfcare / 2.85... Which is 52%. Even if you pair with We will make it for limited time, its only 70%

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Yeah, I'd finally found a copy of the Stranger Things DLC code I'd planned on buying, but that's out. Glad I didn't buy the last two DLCs, either.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

We'll Make It does not effect self heals if i am not wrong.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

I'm not going to be a negative nancy and just throw in the towel. Plus, what other game can I go up against some of my favorite horror villains from movies like Hellraiser, or video games like Pyramid Head? There aren't that many games out there to choose from to play with others. Plus, I'm on console, which is why I don't really have much of a choice. But I'm not going to worry about it right now. When the update comes out and if it is worse, then I'll judge it. Till then, my mind is set on excitement. And no, I'm not smoking anything.

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

i had a peek at the ptb and its gross, defo time to jump ship, thanks for the piss portrait effect though, my years of grinding are truly worth it, it's kinda symbolic, shows what they think of us, i like it

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

You make it sound like you only care about your fun and dont care about killer at all since you're probably a survivor main.

So its probably a good thing someone that only sees it from one side quits the game.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited July 2022

Its never a good thing when anyone quits. Survivor bias or not, every player that quits is one less person spending money on it and games need money to stay online.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

But its also bad for a game when someone only sees the game from one side,maybe before you quit,you should also play the other side to see how it feels to deal with it.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

All they can do is give feedback with a bias perspective in that case. What matters is they are still playing and still potentially financially supporting the game in the future. Losing a player/customer is far worse than having one stay who is survivor sided.

• HelloKitty2022
    HelloKitty2022 Member Posts: 146

Tbh the whole philosophy of bhvr looks like they wanted to get rid of solo survs as soon as possible. I mean the problem is about balance. In the pecking order i would say SWF+voice chat dominate and killers complain about but forgot that there are also many solo survs. If they make killer stronger to get in reach to swf solo survs will get weaker. BT as Basekit is nothing and even swf will get it too.

I am play DbD since 2020 (about 1,3k hrs) and i think about leaving too. For the first time as a real option. Dont get me wrong i like DbD otherwise i would not have played it that long but i dont want to be forced to play in swf. I do but rarely since imho the real feeling is about bein alone with three other survs you dont know. And using voice chat is gamebreaking imho!

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Fun fact: 67% of the ppl posting here believe they're high MMR, but in reality are only low-mid MMR.

(Yes, the numbers are 100% correct. I counted every single kill and escape.)

• WARW0LF

i don't understand how the devs could think the changes were good? they must be in their own little echo chamber bubble, we've been screaming for years about soloQ, camping and tunnelling and they don't do anything about it, it's almost like solo players don't exist to them, it's absymal playin this game alone, do the devs actually think it's fun!??

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

I've played solo queue in the PTB and it was fine. I've survived most of my games and OTR was really good (maybe too good). Overall I had fun.

One thing about echo chambers: maybe someone doesn't realize he is in one.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022

People always talking about SWF being scary but the most dangerous player to any killer is a solo survivor, because there's a good chance, having suffered through it, are very good at the game on many levels. Of course, the most dangerous player to a solo survivor is, of course, their teammates.

A "god nurse" doesn't care about your IW, so that's simply an oxymoron. Why don't you complain about something you'll actually run into, like a camping Bubba who will always guarantee 1 kill.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Yea yea, we get it, you're a killer main. Now go mind your own business. I don't need you to tell me how to play a game. I wasn't complaining about nurse but the loudness of some survivors, get better at your reading comprehension. Even if I was complaining that's none of your concern.

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2022

i remember everyone were hyped before realease of garbage killer trickster. He was boring, weak, uniteresting to play. I watched ptb and could not understand what people found in him everyone were hyped. Then he was released and he appeared to be boring weak garbage as just on PTB but everyone acter surprise. So i wound not rely on opinion of the community.

because what you call camping and tunneling is a part of gameplay. It is even unclear what you mean by that. You whine about camping even when gates are open, everyone expect one is at full health, you gather round hooked person and demand to leave and if killer does not you whine in chat after.

im pretty sure by camping you mean smart defeding when killer is able to patrol nearby gens and hooked person.

• mileto_br
    mileto_br Member Posts: 34

I also share this feeling. I was really happy for the shake-up but seeing how we solo q got nothing and made it even worse for us, I feel even more demotivated to continue playing.

• WARW0LF

it wasn't a threat, it was a promise, 1.3 hours in 2 weeks only to check the situation out with my own eyes, devs did a good thing..... for killers, but us soloQ, get ######### right?

silly me buying almost every DLC to support the devs, we now know the devs couldn't give a ######### about us, they only care about money and killers apparently

Where is this icon to show what your other team mates are doing hmmmmm? its only a tiny icon on the UI, i could whip it up less than few days at most maybe yet your telling me its such a difficult task for the bhvr devs????

it's not, the devs make fancy promises only to appease us in the moment, they want you to buy the rift, buy the cosmetics buy the perks/DLC, they promise solo QOL is coming so please buy the rift........................

give us the UI icon to show the team, being chased or repairing a gen, make kindred base kit, revert DS back to 5 secs, remove bloodlust tier 2 and 3, then MAYBE ill think about returning

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2022

amen brother, untilt hend o your part making killer queue lengths longer (since they will face more swf, and newer swf will get more bullyish over time as they improve) so they can't dodge the unavoidable SWF Apocalypse lol.... and while clogging the kilelr Q you make a new and better solo Q where you can slug everybodyt ob leed out while you play Dark Alliance 2 on Switch like I did yesterday LUL. I'm trying tor efine a playstyle that makes themf eel frustrated enought o DC though, since I won't gain MMR from that, but I feel as if everybody I get is already at the point their next DC is gonna be the 6 hour or straight to 48 hour one since they do the crows on the floor even when I've done it one man at a time to stretch out the game to at leasta round 15 minutes lol

some folks lvoe to suffer, and they deserve it if they continue keeping the game viable acting as cannon fodder in solo q... i think of them as I think of "free to play" cannon fodder if they don't quit or switch to killer or swf it up. no respect lol. they simply exist as a prop for myself

P.S. even weed doesn't keep solo Q playable now, even if all you do is try to BM since everybody is trying to BM you back now and the killers act like boyscouts lol.

• WARW0LF

at some point you have to ask yourself, are you really having fun and is the frustration and anger you get out of playing even worth it, it baffles me how the devs have heard the cries of solo players for years and have done practically nothing to help.

the same goes for SWF, the devs have heard for years how OP SWF is, yet, not surprisingly, they don't care

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

i was all for killer buffs

But I complain for every single one even if minor.

Lol.