Why do you still play that game honestly ?

JeanCharpentier
JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

It is not a social experiment but it could be one ๐Ÿ˜‚

Let's resume the current DbD state :

• most killer players are trash and are jsut camping/tunneling, like 90% of the game, so most of the time you stay on a hook doing nothing
  • as a killer you cannot win playing properly, it explains the first point, so msot killers just stay around the hook waiting for a survivor an thus doing nothing else

The fun part in DbD is the interaction between the survivors and the killer. However, this interaction is now minimal, at best 2 minutes chase in a 10 minutes game. The rest of the time you are either waiting to die either using m1 on a gen as a survivor, as a killer you are waiting by the hook...

Where is the fun in all this ?

I have been playing DbD for years, the curent states is disgusting. Why don't you try other asymmetrical games ? Why do you stick with DbD while those other games have not those issues ?

It is not a love or hate post, i'm just wondering why you keep playing it ?

Comments

• JeanCharpentier

Not bad but in a way it is not fun for both sides. A killer cannot have fun waiting 80% of the game next to a hook... And yes it is unhealthy for the game.

• JeanCharpentier

Have you tried VHS ? It is miles ahead of DbD, at least for the survivor gameplay, monster is different.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

what other games? I can't see them

• JeanCharpentier
    edited June 2022

I'm sorry but the killer is camping and tunneling 80% of the time, i do not see where the fun is.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

This.

All the time I've put into this game and the fact that there are no better games IMO. It's obviously very hard to make a good horror game that sustains over time.

• JeanCharpentier

There are two other asymmetrical games around, both are pretty good.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I took a month break to play Evil Dead came back within the last week to play a little bit of the event.

Going back to Evil Dead soon I'll play that until the update goes live.

Check out the update to see if any killers are going to change the way they play ( there's no need to camp and tunnel after the update goes live) and if camping and tunneling is still the go to play style

Going back to Evil Dead.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Only because of the event honestly, will go back to my break after I get every skin.

Dbd hasn't been fun since the ruin nerf that was when people finally started using dh for distance and hold W pre drop everything.

People started playing really efficient instead of fun like how the game was in 2018/19.

So yes, after I get every skin from the event, another 6 month break and will do what Cotรฉ said and just play another games like CiV

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Apparently there is no way to not be a trash killer. Youโ€™re either trash if you camp/tunnel if you get kills, or youโ€™re trash if you play the โ€œfunโ€ way and spend the whole match chasing a survivor while all the gens get done and then you get t-bagged at the exit gate and flamed in post-game chat

• JeanCharpentier

Same, i have moved on VHS and ED and well, i have tried to come back to DbD but it is impossible after playing those games. I will maybe try the next update but even with the current event, that is great with the masks etc... i cannot play DbD, being camped over and over and over again, no way.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Because it is my favorite game.

Like it or not, I love this game.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

Cause I love this game despite all the hate that gets spread?

Sure.. I don't agree with everything that BHVR does and might do some things differently but all in all it's very good designed.

And the frustrating moments matches can bring like gen rushing / camping / tunneling are a community problem.. Those may be playstyles that are allowed by the game, but just because something is allowed doesn't mean you're forced to do it - like in reality.

And with those coming changes, whether I like them or not - and the majority of them I like - I'll keep sticking around and find my place in matches and a way to have fun.. And IF not I'll find something else to spend my time on - maybe a different Genre or no gaming at all, don't know. But as long as I have fun I'll stay

• JeanCharpentier
    edited June 2022

Exactly :D

More seriously you are right saying this. Killers are so underpowered and the game design is so broken that it is either you camp to get some kills, either you accept to be totally outplayed.

Playing a game when you know you are powerless unless you wait by a hook, wth guys ? ๐Ÿ˜‚

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169

Honestly....kind of the same

DBD is a good game with a lot of flaws but it's still the best version of this kind of game you're going to get.

If another game manages to be DBD but better, I'm likely to move over to it

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854

Because its fun. I enjoy playing killer and I enjoy playing survivor with my husband and some friends of ours. Even if we lose its still fun and we make it fun by goofing off a lot when we can.

Last night we had a match against a Nemesis and a friend of mine kept telling the Nemesis to follow her and then she pointed at me where ever I was to get him to chase me constantly since he's one of my favorite killers.

Then my husband kept finding zombies and trying to drag them to the generator I was working on.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I been playing since 2018 I joined DBD a little after F13 came to an end.

It was a lot of fun back then, but from 2020 to now its just camp, tunnel, slam out gen's as fast as you can.

Survivors don't want to interact with killer and killers don't want to interact with survivors. I invested too much time into this game to just walk away so I'll come back from time to time.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre I'm looking forward to as well

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

I like this game. It's fun, and exciting. It also requires some tactical planning which is what I find most appealing.

The complaints about the game from the community revolve around people being sore losers. You will not 4k or escape EVERY trial. That's not supposed to happen. Life doesn't work that way, why would this game be different? The new changes will refresh the DBD experience for old players and be more rewarding for New players. It's a win for everyone.

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

I would say that DbD has some issues. But we see BHVR work on them and addressing them. They have been ignoring the community for a bit, but they bettered themselves and started really doing some great changes. And im excited for the Future of the Game.

Making Killers stronger and weakening Survivors was the first step in the right direction. They can gather some Data and listen to what the community has to say, and will change things accordingly.

Next on the list should be a Buff to SoloQ without Buffing SWF and in just 1 or 2 Years we might have a Game that is stable and fun and will still be around even if there is Competition.

DBD has been in a Bad State, but its getting better almost every Update. And it has the Potential to be such a fun Game. My best Gaming Memories come from this Game. And i want to keep getting nice Memories.

(sorry for any Grammar Mistakes. English isnt my first Language)

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I like the game and no competitors have done a good job at trying to dethrone it (I did enjoy F13th though)

Oh and Jane

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Second this.

Also, people tend to remember the games as they do with any negative thing that happens to them, they remember the bad games way longer than the good/fun ones and want to stew in those for whatever reason. If I'm having a bad time after more than 2 games I take a break or switch sides. Same with when a game is insanely fun, I call it a night and end it on a good note. โœŒ๏ธ

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I play it because itโ€™s fun. Big shocker, some people can have fun without winning all of their games.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I have fun so I play. If I have more fun with another game, I'll play that too

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I only play the game if friends want to swf. That hasn't happened since mmr was introduced. So to answer ops question, I don't play the game anymore. I just browse the forums to pass time when I'm bored at work.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Because i enjoy it.

Now i admit that i have played a lot less lately because i picked up another hobby but the game is still enjoyable to me. I don't think i will ever trully leave it.

The concept of the cat and mouse game is just great and the issues it has is not enough to detter me from enjoying it.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169

Gameplay. Licenses are neat but I could play as Pinhead or his Dollar Store knockoff cousin NailFace the totally original character and be just as content.

I do however agree with you that it's very unlikely we're ever gonna get a game like this but is better. Which is why I continue to play this one.

• PowerLine_444
    PowerLine_444 Member Posts: 15

Its why a lot of people still play this game. Licenses.

This is the only game where i can play as Jill Valentine getting chased by Pyramid head on Haddonfield.

• JeanCharpentier

Erm, i do not want to sound negative but :

They have been ignoring the community for a bit : 6 years...

BHVR does not address anything, they are changing META perks but they do not fix the core gameplay, the game balance is broken at its core, not around the perks even though those perks needed a change for sure.

Personnaly, i have been playing DBD for 5 years and well, i have completely lost faith in BHVR being able to fix the game for it to be enjoyable without the toxicity it brings atm.

• LaUry
    LaUry Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2022

i play cuz i like the concept, i like the horror things and the game is fun for me.. + i like how BVHR handling things.. someone who doesn't like it don't play period.. idk what are u talking about i getting camping killers like on every 10th match.. and other assymetrical games? they are trash and dying like in a month.. in quality not even one close to DbD

• JeanCharpentier
    edited June 2022

Rank up in MMR by playing, i mean you will one day reach higher MMR, you will see the camp fest it is. It is in every game, unfortunately.

• LaUry
    LaUry Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2022

you tell this to someone who has like 80% winrate both on surv and killer like lol? i face like 1-2 campers daily.. camper killers won't reach high mmr.. and nope i don't rly play 4 stack or nurse

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347

the last Patch Notes have literally been inspired by the Complaints of the Community.

Gens Speed are too fast: Gens now take longer

Tunneling and Camping: Perk Changes and Basekit BT

Meta Perks are Boring: Metaperk changes

Killers are too weak: Basic buffs to Killer and a little nerf to Survivor

DEADHARD: Deadhard is getting nerfed and made more counterable and needs more skill to be used correctly.

I don't know what you are on about. They DO listen to the Community and even said themselves that they will look out for what the community has to say about these changes. The PTB is not to Build up Hype for a new Killer or Survivor but to let us try out everything before it Hits Live Servers to make sure they dont just release something we dont want.

And instead of just going all black and white and saying: "BHVR Bad" you should be happy for them to do steps into the right direction instead of just being all negativ about it.

Of course we shouldnt just be super hyped and positive of any change they present. But downright saying everything is bad without looking at the good things doesnt help to change, it will only make them not listen to us as a Community anymore.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Because itโ€™s still fun.

Seriously players getting all pissy over gameplay, calling each other trash etc is really the main problem with dbd.

If itโ€™s that un-enjoyable then play something else. You can always come back to dbd another time.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    edited June 2022

I took a long break but came back for the anniversary event. I'm already fed up. Matchmaker still broken. Does it spark joy? Barely.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Its always easy to view everything that simple, if you are a casual player that is totally fine and no one blames you but dont need to exaggerrate like this only cuz you are frustrated about the game.

About the question, I still have a decent amount of fun, till it gets annoying cuz I have to sweat and tryhard for every game, if I dont feel like tryharding into a game then I play something else. Its that simple, no one forces you to play dbd 24/7.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

Because, even though there's flaws in the game, I really still love to play it?

I picked up the game 2 years ago after having watched people on YT play it, and I haven't regretted it for a second -- and I play a LOT. Even as much as I do, I've never felt burnt out. The gameplay is fun, I love both roles in it, and every match has the potential to be something I've never experienced before.

Have there been bugs? Absolutely. Are there things that could be changed to make the game better? 100%, yes. But I've seen things over that time pushing the game in a positive direction. I run into the "bad" elements of the community in some of my matches, but it's not constant tunneling or camping when I'm a survivor or constant BM'ing or one-sided matches when I'm a killer. Overall, the game gives me enjoyment every time I play it, and my experiences are far more good than bad.

For the people that don't enjoy the game, they need to step away from it. Why do something you don't like -- or have --to do?

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

only SH multiplayer game + RE is a nice bonus :))

im a casual & am tired of the pure sweats in this game

forced playstyles like camping & tunneling ruin the experience

i just want matches that are balanced ://

• JeanCharpentier
    edited June 2022

Impossible you face only 2 campers a day lol.

I have just came back today and have already faced 3 campers in 6 or 7 games. Might be average MMR though, dunno if the MMR decrease when yo uare off for months.