We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Anyone else excited to play off meta killers thanks to dead hard nerf ?

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

I really hope dead hard over a trap is gone, or that the perk won’t be use so much so I can play Trapper, and Twins again.

What about you ?

Comments

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited June 2022

Dead hard get buffed.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Endurance doesn't do anything against traps, so your trapper is good.

My killer games'll definitely be a little simpler, from the looks of things.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

It's more holding W getting nerfed for me

And I get the strategy when I'm playing artist but when I'm playing 0 slowdown pig? Cmon dude

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Basekit buff is what's really more important to non-meta killers imo

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 555

Not nurf. Dead hard makes more difficult to use,but powerful park.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I main Trapper without camping/tunneling and no Gen slow down, the general buff is a great news for me.

Dead hard is not really a nerf, instead of distance, now they have 1sec immunity to the window/pallet. But at least they cant DH through trap anymore.

As survivor, I cant image how many camping game will happen

• ZeroEthics
    ZeroEthics Member Posts: 27

So, I don't mean this to be snide, just an observation, but you didn't need perk reworks to play "off meta" killers. You could have done that anytime you wanted. Just because some popular streamer comes out with a Tier list and says "this killer is low tier", doesn't mean you have to let that affect how you play.

There are a mass of amazing players who decimate full tourney level SWF's with "low tier" killers. They do it by putting in the work, and the time. By learning the maps, learning the the mechanics, the footwork, the mind games.

Also, don't let survivors dictate the rules to you. Do you think survivors/SWF's say to each other, "Hey guys, lets not rush the Gens and blind the killer, because that wouldn't be fun game-play for him". Of course not, they want to WIN, and they will do whatever it takes to do it. So don't let them shame you for doing the same. Camp/Tunnel/Slug, whatever it takes.

I play Trapper probably more than any other killer. Coordinated SWF's in communication, usually hand me my ass...just being honest. However, the other 80+% of the time, I'm getting the 4K. I've had this game for like 3 weeks, am player level 83, and Iri ranked.

That statement is not meant as a flex, as I know there are thousands of better players than me. The point is, if I can do that in 3 weeks by putting in the time and the work, imagine what you could have done by now if you had ignored the "meta" and just played what you wanted.

Good news is it's never too late! Play the killer you want to play, the way YOU want to play it....and have fun!

See you in the Fog m8. Cheers!!

• fulltonon

There is literally no players who decimate full tourney level SWFs with low tier killers, literally none.

I think better not tell blatant lies to people.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,068
  • ZeroEthics
    edited June 2022

No players, huh? Not one. You know them all? Fair enough. Well, I guess I'm wrong then. It happens...ask my wife :)

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

I have always played off meta killers. In over 3k hours, my nurse just hit lvl 50. In fact one of the only killers I have not p3ed.

My go to killers Legion,Bubba,Freddy,Clown,Pinhead

• fulltonon

Actually yes, even in comps pretty much anything is heavily restricted and it varies depends on killers due to extreme power difference between them.

In "everything" tourney there were no players who did good without nurse/blight.

• ZeroEthics

Okay then, you must be right, and I will stop telling blatant lies. Tell every player in the game I said hello and keep up the good work!

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,331

No, honestly never had an issue with going against DH. 99% of the time I could just bait it out and the other 1%, well good on them for making a skillful play. Made me get better at mindgaming.

Who cares? How often do you personally go against a tourney-level SWF that you're stressing about this matter? 🤣 And also, yes there are low-tier killers that can do that, search youtube a bit longer maybe?

I'm going to cover my poor Wraith's and Nemi's ears so they don't have to hear those insults! They can absolutely destroy S.T.A.R.S 😤!

• fulltonon
    edited June 2022

Huh? I'm not even stressing anything, that is a response to the post literally states "there is killer players who can wreck tourney level SWF" which is just wrong, so I guess he cares?

And I'm pretty sure those "youtube" vids are nowhere near actual comp levels, because in proper tournament there were no time non-meta killer managed to do great against SWFs without any restriction.

Also considering we as players are certainly not a comp level killers, survivors doesn't need to be comp level too, in which case without nerfs/buffs mid chapter games can just be unfun.

• ZeroEthics
    edited June 2022

First off, I'm not talking about "proper tournament"? The point of my post was that any killer can be competitive in daily play.

Now, I said nothing about "tournament SWF". I said "tournament level SWF", which is to me, is a SWF that contains at least one player of tournament level ability. If I worded that incorrectly, that's on me, and I apologize, but to just reply and call someone a liar is pretty trashy.

As Phantom said, these games are not hard to find, they literally stream them. Now, could a off-meta killer win a Tournament? If you say no, honestly I trust that, you know more about it than I do.

I'm saying that in daily play, in off-meta killer can be competative, even with a SWF that contains tourney level players. If you still think I'm wrong then I respect your opinion, and we'll leave it at that.

:)

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

Absolutely, always go for merciless Killer, slug, camp, NOED, whatever it takes.

That's what I do, don't care of they drop items or want to escape, if I see the hatch. I close it.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

No. There are still a lot of ridiculously strong loops which still is gonna be a really big problem for killers that don't have anti loop.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923

I always have played non meta killer. Mikey main for four years now.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

I've started playing Trapper again and had so many people forgetting how to play against him and getting caught in traps and being instantly downed once they escape the trap due to the addon.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,331

I love Trapper! He's really fun to go against, but he messes with my head lol. Like I'd still be wary of there being traps in 1/2 games afterwards xD

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

It no NERF, nothing at all.

Hey, there is a window - i vault - Press E. Its in some scenarios a BUFF!

This Update, if it comes live, is TERRIBLE, ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

im just happy about the iframes!

i cant wait to play Sadako and Spirit

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,703

Can't say I'm excited or happy about anything without trying it first.

The only thing I know I'm 100% going to be on board with is the Corrupt Intervention change.

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

You really did word that poorly and your both not wrong. Killers are very dependent on survivor mistakes or general lackluster to win (concentrating on achievements/challenges/maximizing all BP earning activities). If survivors truly take the game seriously or only incentive was to survive, then survivors would nearly always get a 3/4 man escape.

Luckily most survivors are as you described and not trying super hard to enjoy the gen simulator and actually running around and trying to complete a secondary objective or interact with Killer. This provides just enough lee-way for Off-Meta Killers to also have some good games, despite weaknesses.

In tourney play, the concentration is escape and the more they avoid Killer interaction or get distracted by secondary objectives, the better. So they pop everything in a couple minutes and leave. Off-Meta couldn’t hold a candle to actual SWF who are playing seriously. No contest.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Not really I’ll stick with pyramid head demo nemesis and pinhead. I find most of the killers like Myers and ghostface super boring to play

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 1,002

Twins never really cared about Dead Hard that much so I don't think it will make a difference in their gameplay. If anything, for them it gets worse because before Victor would land far away with his normal cooldown, now if you hit a Dead Hard you will land on the foot of the survivor with a 5 seconds cooldown.

However, some killers, those being Doctor, Pinhead, Deathslinger and Trapper will definitely appreciate the change.