DEVS need to be proactive like DEVS of fallout

Options
Huge props to the devs of fallout for banning homophobic players. It’s a shame the DEVS of DBD don’t follow suite. There’s so many homophobic players, and homophobic messages sent in this game.. and y’all don’t care or won’t care...I’ve reported numerous people for homophobic remarks made towards me.. and nothing happens. 

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

If they're truly showing off that they're homophobic, they'll gain a temporary ban (which will eventually lead to a permanent one if done too many times) and, in severe cases, a permanent one.
    "Nothing happens" means they weren't being homophobic.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

You can't see temporary bans, so you can't know if something happened.

• Orion
    Options

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    Who cares

People who care if the rules are broken care. Those who stand for anarchy obviously do not.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Orion said:

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    Who cares

People who care if the rules are broken care. Those who stand for anarchy obviously do not.

‘Anarchy’. Lol okay.. 
  • Orion
    Options

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    ‘Anarchy’. Lol okay.. 

Well, I was assuming you're not a homophobe and that your reply meant that you didn't care if people who broke the rules actually got punished for it. Was my assumption faulty?

• BeanieEnthusiast
    Options
    Orion said:

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    ‘Anarchy’. Lol okay.. 

Well, I was assuming you're not a homophobe and that your reply meant that you didn't care if people who broke the rules actually got punished for it. Was my assumption faulty?

I’m not discussing this on the forums. 
  • Orion
    Options

@BeanieEnthusiast said:

I think we can all extrapolate from that.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    Options
    Orion said:

@BeanieEnthusiast said:

I think we can all extrapolate from that.

Ha ha so funny. 
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    edited December 2018
    Options

This about sums up my views on it. My favourite part is Fallout 2 npcs calling players f@[[]:t. Now they ban 4 life lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX70saX-zhs&t=242s

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Orion said:

@BeanieEnthusiast said:
    Who cares

^This. They are people as well and everyone should be treated equally.
  • Orion
    Options

@Nickenzie said:

Keep reading. The guy already implied that my assumption was wrong.

• Orion
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    I don'r get how they have a word filter on the forums but not in game. It's such a simple fix.

Also take Overwatch's idea, and when someome types "gg ez" it changes it to "i have to go, mummy says its bed time now".

Are you serious about Overwatch? Because if so, that's the best thing I've heard all day.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Orion said:

@The_Crusader said:
    I don'r get how they have a word filter on the forums but not in game. It's such a simple fix.

Also take Overwatch's idea, and when someome types "gg ez" it changes it to "i have to go, mummy says its bed time now".

Are you serious about Overwatch? Because if so, that's the best thing I've heard all day.

Yeah lol

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/gg-ez-overwatch/
  • Orion
    Options

Now I almost wish I did play Overwatch just to type in "gg ez" and see those hilarious messages. XD

• NMCKE
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

If your assumption is wrong then I think he needs to grow up in my opinion and understand that everyone - regardless of their sexuality - should be treated equally. I could care less about you being gay because I don't see that in you, I see an actual person just like everyone else. Every forum member, every DBD player, every person I see when I'm not behind this screen, and the people I talk to when I'm behind this screen are people just like everyone else. This should be more enforced in DBD in my opinion, it's just non-sense and it needs to stop.
  • Orion
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    If your assumption is wrong then I think he needs to grow up in my opinion and understand that everyone - regardless of their sexuality - should be treated equally. I could care less about you being gay because I don't see that in you, I see an actual person just like everyone else. Every forum member, every DBD player, every person I see when I'm not behind this screen, and the people I talk to when I'm behind this screen are people just like everyone else. This should be more enforced in DBD in my opinion, it's just non-sense and it needs to stop.

Test controversial

Just because my boyfriend is gay doesn't mean I am. I ought to report you for hate speech!

Note: I'm obviously kidding about the report, though I really am not gay. I'm bisexual.

• NMCKE
    Options
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

Test controversial

Just because my boyfriend is gay doesn't mean I am. I ought to report you for hate speech!

Note: I'm obviously kidding about the report, though I really am not gay. I'm bisexual.

Woops! However you get my point, it's complete non sense in my opinion and should be more enforced.

Note: Can I get in trouble for saying that? I don't wanna be BS'd again.
  • Orion
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Woops! However you get my point, it's complete non sense in my opinion and should be more enforced.

Dude, it's fine. Bisexuals are a small percentage of LGBT, so obviously you're going to assume two guys dating are both gay. It's basic statistics.

• NMCKE
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

Dude, it's fine. Bisexuals are a small percentage of LGBT, so obviously you're going to assume two guys dating are both gay. It's basic statistics.

Not that, this quote here. vv
    Nickenzie said:
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

• Orion
    Options

@Nickenzie said:

You probably won't, but don't address mods directly in matters of moderation that they haven't even commented on. It just sounds like you're trying to provoke them.

• Orion
    Options

@Theluckyboi Don't follow the rules, get reported. It's a simple principle. Yes, insulting people is bannable. Why do you get mad over that?

• NMCKE
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:

You probably won't, but don't address mods directly in matters of moderation that they haven't even commented on. It just sounds like you're trying to provoke them.

Gotcha, I edited it out. However back on topic, they should add a detection system like the overwatch developers did.

For example let's say someone said, "gay" in a comment. It will be automatically flagged and sent to a ACM for review in case it was a homophobic slur.
  • Orion
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    However back on topic, they should add a detection system like the overwatch developers did.

For example let's say someone said, "gay" in a comment. It will be automatically flagged and sent to a ACM for review in case it was a homophobic slur.

They don't have enough people for that.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

@Orion said:
    @Theluckyboi Don't follow the rules, get reported. It's a simple principle. Yes, insulting people is bannable. Why do you get mad over that?

i dont get mad, i just find strange the fact that some people get so triggered because of some joke, being so sensitive is not good for anyone.

• Orion
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:
    i dont get mad, i just find strange the fact that some people get so triggered because of some joke, being so sensitive is not good for anyone.

I'd argue that blatant disregard for the rules is worse for the game than people taking offense to hate speech.
    And yes, it is hate speech. It's the same terminology used by people who will happily announce their wish to murder all homosexuals, among other minority groups. Maybe you just don't get it because you're not part of a group that is still illegal in certain parts of the world, punishable by death.
    Let me just reiterate: the act of existing while non-heterosexual is considered a capital offense in certain parts of the world.

• NMCKE
    Options
    Orion said:

@Nickenzie said:
    However back on topic, they should add a detection system like the overwatch developers did.

They don't have enough people for that.

They could make it more specific: add some known homophobic phrases that the system would automatically detect. If someone went off on someone else because of their sexuality and they happen to say one of the known phrases. The system would automatically ban them for a set amount of time without an ACM having to do it.
  • Theluckyboi
    Options

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

I'd argue that blatant disregard for the rules is worse for the game than people taking offense to hate speech.
    And yes, it is hate speech. It's the same terminology used by people who will happily announce their wish to murder all homosexuals, among other minority groups. Maybe you just don't get it because you're not part of a group that is still illegal in parts of the world.

Dude, i am Mexican, i get """hate speech""" from americans all the time and i know when they are joking and when they are trying to "harm my feelings", it´s no big deal honestly, people like to make this kind of "dark humored" jokes all the time and until know they are getting attention for a completely stupid reason.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

The funny thing is it's just some tiny streamer going full SJW to try gain popularity and one of the most disappointing games of the decade trying to finally gain a semi positive headline. Obviously a standard ban was appropriate but this way the snowflakes eat it up and for 24hrs people aren't trashing fallout 76. Manipulation is obvious.

• Orion
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

And yes, it is hate speech. It's the same terminology used by people who will happily announce their wish to murder all homosexuals, among other minority groups. Maybe you just don't get it because you're not part of a group that is still illegal in parts of the world.

Dude, i am Mexican, i get """hate speech""" from americans all the time and i know when they are joking and when they are trying to "harm my feelings", it´s no big deal honestly, people like to make this kind of "dark humored" jokes all the time and until know they are getting attention for a completely stupid reason.

And in post-game chat, people are always just trying to be dicks.

• Theluckyboi
    Options

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Exactly, people are not trying to "harm" anybody, they are just salty because they lost.

• Orion
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Exactly, people are not trying to "harm" anybody, they are just salty because they lost.

And since it's against the rules, they should be reported and punished accordingly, just like in every other setting.

• NMCKE
    Options

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Saying that people aren't trying to harm others when they said something that can harm others is very contradicting.
  • Theluckyboi
    Options

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

And since it's against the rules, they should be reported and punished accordingly, just like in every other setting.

If i am honest with you i don´t understand how bans work in PC, i play in PS4 and it is almost impossible to get banned in the game, usually chats are manages after the game and you got to directly create a chat with the player you want to send a message to.

If i am reading your post correctly people get banned in PC chats for insulting others, am i wrong?

• zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103
    Options

I don't even bother reporting Survivors like that since I know nothing will be done. For a dev team that claims to have 200+ people It's astounding that they couldn't focus on getting a half decent report feature

• Orion
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

If i am honest with you i don´t understand how bans work in PC, i play in PS4 and it is almost impossible to get banned in the game, usually chats are manages after the game and you got to directly create a chat with the player you want to send a message to.

If i am reading your post correctly people get banned in PC chats for insulting others, am i wrong?

People get banned by BHVR for breaking the rules. Hate speech is a violation of the rules, so people get banned for it.
    On console, the ban system isn't functional yet, but once it is, it'll be the same.

• Theluckyboi
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Saying that people aren't trying to harm others when they said something that can harm others is very contradicting.

Saying something harmful like what? calling someone gay or stupid?

• Orion
    Options

@zacmangaming said:
    I don't even bother reporting Survivors like that since I know nothing will be done. For a dev team that claims to have 200+ people It's astounding that they couldn't focus on getting a half decent report feature

It's because you don't bother reporting that nothing is done. Peanits has shown time and time again that reports are looked at and that bans do happen. It's people like you who make the system worse than it should be.

• NMCKE
    Options

It is 200 vs what, millions of players? It's actually a lot if you come to think about it.
  • Orion
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

Yes, that would be a couple examples.
    If the goal isn't to insult or harm, then why say or do things that are insulting and harmful? If I kick you in the balls and say "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you", would you believe me?

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited December 2018
    Options

The amount of SJWs is already way to high.

And a lifetime ban for something that was an obvious joke? Yeah totally not a PR stunt.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Huge props to the devs of fallout

With the stat in wich they released the game, the preorder scam and them refusing to refund disapointed player...
    They don't deserve ANY props whatsoever

• Orion
    edited December 2018
    Options

@MhhBurgers said:

And a lifetime ban for something that was an obvious joke? Yeah totally not a PR stunt.

The amount of people who oppose basic respect because they think it's "SJW" is too damn high. Congrats on falling for common manipulation tactics.

• Crow
    Crow Member Posts: 113
    Options

Are you guys serious? Do you really get offended because some kid that you don't know in real life called you gay? I don't know how you deal with real life then.

• Orion
    Options

@Crow said:
    Are you guys serious? Do you really get offended because some kid that you don't know in real life called you gay? I don't know how you deal with real life then.

Are you serious? Do you really get triggered because some kid that you don't know in real life is being punished for breaking the rules? I don't know how you deal with real life then.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Options

@Orion said:

@MhhBurgers said:

The amount of people who oppose basic respect because they think it's "SJW" is too damn high. Congrats on falling for common manipulation tactics.

It's a friggin role-playing video game and tbh I would count that as in character, but "homophobic slurs" seems to be a much harder subject than childrape in fallout 3 and shooting people on sight.

Stuff like this is why I regret coming to the west.

• NMCKE
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Any insult (regardless if it's a joke or not), is against the "F.Q.A and rules".
  • Theluckyboi
    Options

@Orion said:

@Theluckyboi said:

Yes, that would be a couple examples.
    If the goal isn't to insult or harm, then why say or do things that are insulting and harmful? If I kick you in the balls and say "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you", would you believe me?

But i dont understand, why would someone get harmed for being called gay or stupid? it´s not the same as getting kicked in the balls, you must live with it.

This discussion has been closed.