The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Where are all the psn players?

Im on ps5 and lately ive been noticing that i rarely go against players on my own platform which kinda bothers me, granted i dont even like playing with crossplay on but im forced too since i literally get no games at all, i think last time i waited about 25 minutes to get a non crossplay game and 2 of them ended up being babies, did players on psn just drop the game or am i just unlucky

Comments

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

ive been on my ps3 & psp more lately :))

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Are PS4 players marked with a globe when you're on PS5?

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited June 2022

I also play on Ps5. Most of my games I get crossplay gamers as well, but I don't mind too much because insta queues are cool and I don't have a problem playing against other platforms. Only thing is I kinda feel a bit "disconnected" with the community sometimes because they're on other platforms and there's no way to communicate with them at all. Before crossplay it wasn't too uncommon to run into the same people every so often (or people that your friends knew) and everyone kinda just knew eachother with how small the ps dbd community was at the time. I kinda liked that ngl.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

I'm on PlayStation too, killer main. I wish there was console only crossplay. That would be fantastic. I get stuck playing against PC SWFs all day long. I can't verify or check profiles or anything so I only really dodge Legacy. Sucks.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

Ps4 player here, I actually feel like every third game I play I usually have 1 to 2 psn players. It's usually when I play killer though, and barely get any messages but so far its even with trash talk or actual ggs.

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

I'm a PS5 player and I feel like in a lot of games there is at least one other psn player. Sometimes it's even 3 or 4.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

I'm still playing.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

PS4 Player here. Played something like 30 games as killer and all but two of those games were Crossplay survivors. I feel like playstation users may have dropped this game on account of *ahem* The Lack of Optimization

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

I’m on PlayStation and I get other PlayStation gamers almost every match so idk

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

i honestly meet console players 90% of the time and im on pc

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,198
    edited June 2022

Playing without Crossplay severely restricts your matchmaking pool, because it's not just limiting you to players on the same platform, more often than not it's also limiting you to 'players on the same platform who also have Crossplay turned off.'

I play on PS5, Crossplay on, and I get PS players fairly regularly, I'd say about 40% of the survivors I match with or against. That's not to say 40% of games are all PS players, every game is a mix.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

I'm on PS4 and I see a lot of other PlayStation players. I get a lot of lobbies that are all PlayStation players, and I have crossplay on.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

While most of my matches are full of PC players, there is often 1 or 2 psn players too

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I just don't play very often.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

I play on PC and PS4.

Just finished the communities on PS4.

PS4 is still ok for me but it is a bit easier to play on PC.

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305

I have been playing quite a lot and I have seen quite a few psn players.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited June 2022

Seems like the majority of the playerbase is on PC, occasionally I'll see a few Playstation players

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Maybe it's your region? I'm on ps4 and I see other ps players fairly often.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,458

i got hungry 😋

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Evil Dead

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

oh you're talking about the famous DbD killer #73 lmao who cares about this game it literally has 500-600 viewers on Twitch rn

it's a dead game and there is a lack of content to bring players in.

people hyped this game too much it was never going to be a competitor.

• I_am_Negan
    edited June 2022

Ok it's nothing like DBD I don't know why everyone one keeps saying that 😂 there both two completely different games.

Yeah sure it's a dead game😂 I get in matches in seconds.

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you DBD white knight, but the game is heading in a good direction.

And I said Evil Dead because most of my matches are filled with PlayStation players.

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291

please don't call me "DBD white knight" it's just cringe.

of course you get quick matches there are like 7 players playing you're probably playing against the same players over and over.

But to think that PSN Dbd players went to play evil dead is wrong and doesn't make any sense.

Cool it's heading in a good direction but who cares the game is already dead

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I'd say half my lobbies are PSN players. Usually 2 PC (myself included) and then 2 crossplay. I have been getting the rare Microsoft player which is nifty.

• I_am_Negan
  • bittercranberry

why did you get so triggered that someone is playing Evil Dead!?

lmao all he stated was "Evil Dead" and you had to say all that??

DBD loyalist coming alive i suppose

• bittercranberry

hii :))

for psp: (not modded)

The 3rd birthday & Silent Hill Shattered Memories for the most part, a little of Ghost in the Shell also.

for ps3:

Silent Hill 4 The Room & RE Operation Racoon City (suprised multiplayer is still alive in this game)

i have a bunch of PSone classics also!!

ive been buying a bunch of Tomb Raider games on these consoles since I never played them and want to get into it :)