If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

If you dislike camping why are you doing this then?

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Standing very obvious openly close to the hook and expect me to just leave for no reason?

I had a game where the ENTIRE team stood next to the hook everyone staring at me.

They all complained at me and said ppl like me ruin this event bla bla. I tried to explain them to not stand openly next to the hook and expect the killer kindly to let you unhook and learn to hide close to it till he leaves. Ofc they didnt really engaged to that conversation and kept insulting me that I am a camper and have no skill etc.

I dont care about the insult and whining, I just cant get this in my head how ppl like this who obviously dislike camping alot dont do ANYTHING against that or try to play around it. They even feed into this camping playstyle and make it even easier for me to get kills like that.

Comments

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Don't ever explain ur actions to survivors or killers,,each person her their own perspective,,,for this particular example : survivors that expect you to leave hook for free even though you saw them are entitled and out of touch with reality,,,let them cry all they want,,they are just salty they lost even if they are doing bad plays,,

• BenZ0
    edited June 2022
    Options

I never deny that I camp and tunnel and slug, but I dont really do it cuz "I dont want to lose". Its simply the most effective way to do my objective which is killing survivors. I dont go my way around and play less efficiant just to be "nice".

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BenZ0
    Options

They didnt do any gens and let the person go to struggle, they had in the first 3min of the match a survivor on last hook which I just tunneled out and then everyone died with 3 survivors alive at 4 gens. They shouldve split and do gens and maybe not stand next to me on the hook and stare at me.

I went back to the hook cuz I saw the second I left like 2 stebs away from the hook a claudette running instantly to the hook, ofc I am going back xD

• BenZ0
    edited June 2022
    Options

You counter camping by doing gens, the 1 person may go to struggle or die but atleast the gens are done by that time yes... idk I recommend you to watch guides, otzdarva made a ton of guide and explains how to counter all this.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

The survivors were camping as usual

• BenZ0
    Options
  • TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

Cool.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

survivors also like camping near hook, they may say otherwise but that's just untrue.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

No. Do gens to pressure the Killer into leaving the hook because they don't want to lose.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

You have not read the killer rulebook.

If no one is doing gens, you have no reason to leave Goalie.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,335
    Options

Yes. Let the person die on the Hook and do Gens. And the person on the Hook should struggle in order to allow their team to do Gens. This is the only thing you can do with a camping Killer. Obviously, it will be stronger with the next Patch, you will most likely not be able to do 5 Gens. And even less able to cleanse 5 Totems on Top to avoid NOED. So a camping Killer will probably get a 2K or 3K. But at least not a 4K, if nobody does Gens.

And the worst thing to see while being camped on the Hook is this:

Mikaela (in the back) and Adam (next to me) did not do ANYTHING the whole time. Adam was in fact crouching next to the Hook, waiting for the Nurse to leave.

Really, at this point I am more pissed at my "teammates" than the Nurse who camps me at 5 Gens. Those two are basically additional Killers.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

As a Bubba this happens all the time, they swarm hook as if I am gonna camp,... ummm bros, check my perks Im a Bamboozle chase Bubba,... the three of them will swarm hook or try unhook before I even leave.

Survivors force Bubbas to camp

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 681
    Options

Yeah if true this is utter idiocy. Many survivors are way too altruistic for their own good and want to get their hero fix. Even if you 'proxy' camp the survivors should still be able to get the save with a protection hit even without Borrowed Time.

Face camping yeah, that's dirty and a bucket load of no fun but if you know 1 or 2 people (not counting the one on hook) are hovering around it, the killer has little interest in leaving the general area and may be looking for the rescuers that they know are there.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828
    Options

Survivors pretty much dream of killers 2 hooking everyone before someone dies,,,This is near impossible without nurse / blight once you start hittin the "pretty decent survivors" mmr,,At the end of the day each team has an objective and unless they are cheating ,they can play however they want

• Fantasy
    Fantasy Member Posts: 451
    Options

So you just want to camp the hook whilst they do gens? Yeah boring.

• BenZ0
    Options

I never wrote this, stop making up anything you want lol

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,421
    Options

Because not every scenario is the survivors being reckless. The killer by default knows a survivor will pop up sooner or later. So they stick around and might move a few meters WHILE looking back at the hook. I.E. Force free pressure.

Nobody is saying that every camping scenario means the killer never left. The part where it is a problem is when it is happening consistently. Because it creates a meta in and of itself, and since all survivors have against that are perks. They continue to bring the SAME perks over and over. THAT is what people have a problem with, and what should change.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

I just get mad at my teammates for just standing there and NOT doing gens. Hell, I do a gen in front of the killer's face if they're near the hook to say "Hey, get your arse over here before you throw the game!"

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118
    Options
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Why? If survivors aren't doing gens the killer has zero pressure to worry about.

If you are winning by just sitting put why would you risk it by moving.

I dislike camping as much as anyone but the survivors were like a boxer holding his hands to his waist and complaining he gets punched in the face all the time.

Making dumb pitty plays just because the opposition isn't playing smart isn't very fun either you know

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Yep I pretty much leave immediately after hooking unless the other survivors are ballsy or stupid. I try to go for 8 hooks before a kill, so I want people unhooked before they get to struggle. If there is a single teammate waiting, many times I'll leave anyway unless they are just absolutely in my face about it.

If you get two or more survivors lurking about then really I don't need to go anywhere else. I'm going to try to slug one and hook the other and leave the last teammate to clean up the mess while I go kick gens or stand on a hill somewhere.

What I'm not going to do is simply ignore that over half the team has served themselves up on platters. Let the killer clear the area, don't get seen, and definitely don't try to unhook in their face. If they still camp after that, then yeah you can give them grief over it.

• BenZ0
    Options

yup tbf after reading it again it is basicly "dont want to lose" 😂

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

I tell such people "it's not camping if you give me no reason to leave"

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Wrong. The survivors screwed up by camping the hook and the killer capitalized on their mistake. They shouldn't all have been going for the rescue. They also shouldn't have made it blatantly obvious they were waiting for him to leave. Had they actually performed stealth and hid themselves. The killer probably would have left to continue applying pressure. Play killer before trying to tell other killers how to play.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

What really makes me angry is when I solo I run kindred for this very reason and the randoms STILL refuse to do gens.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224
    Options

Go and read all his comments before using your smart remarks acting like you’re good. You probably also camp lmfao. He saw one person run to the hook when he was right there and instead of chasing her after he hits her doesn’t proceed to run after her and hit her again. He proceeds to camp again, and then complains that the survivors complain that people like him ruin games but then says “he wouldn’t have started to camp if he didn’t see them all by the hook” but not one sentence coming out of his mouth proved otherwise. He camped because he wanted to, and camps a lot. So the survivors he’s complaining about were actually right, he’s the type of people that ruin the game. So again tell me how I am wrong and you’re right lmfaoo. Not gonna answer a troll

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    edited June 2022
    Options

Been running Open Handed + Kindred for about nine months now. I know exactly what goes on in these scenarios and the majority of the time the killer was going to camp anyway.

Most killers that say 'You were by hook I had no reason to leave' tend to rationalise their resignation to camp with the actions of others. The vast majority of the time they would camp anyway and then rationalise with 'I had nobody to chase' or 'It was the best play'. Mind you, there isn't actually anything wrong with this.

But own up to your decision to camp. Stop acting like the baby solos bored out of their minds with the fourth camping killer in a row really have a choice here. I do this sometimes too and I fully admit that I'm essentially camping and survivors are unbelievably bored of that, enough to throw the game or desperate do uncoordinated stuff.

This thread is pointless. You camped, survivors were probably bad, and doing just gens is worse than waiting in queues at times.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Didn't you read it? They were all standing there, why let the other two get the unhook and heal the survivor, when all of OPs food was standing right in front doing nothing

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224
    Options

Obviously you don’t know how to read.. his original post says “don’t let me see you near the hook or I will camp it. Learn to hide nearby and then go for the save when I leave” but he had 0 intentions on leaving to begin with. So my point is that the survivors saying “people like you ruin the game” is true as he is just a camping killer. Whether or not they did gens and got 5 gens done, he still ruined the game for that 1 person on hook. So he comes to the forum to complain about the survivors but in reality the survivors were 100% right the whole time and he’s trying to make excuses as to why he camped “I saw the whole team there” but he only saw the Claudette and didn’t pursue her after hitting her. I know how to play this game I’ve played it for years. It’s honestly like I’m explaining this to a 10 year old

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

This is absolutely true. You have to give the killer a reason to leave the hook.

If I hook someone someone and immediately see/hear other survs descending on the hook like vultures, why on earth would I leave? What possible motivation is there?

Should I just run away because reasons?

If a team all hang around the hook waiting for the killer to leave, and the killer doesn't, that's not camping. That's garbage survivor play, full stop.