Still no counter play to hatch

2»

Comments

• DY86
    DY86 Member Posts: 570

Auto win? U CAN grab during the opening animation (which takes 2.5 secs if im not mistaken). Besides, that’s literally the only use for the keys, and there is counterplay to that.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 466

i did forget that they put that in. Without that there was no counter play so i stand corrected

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416

A huntress once carried me to a hatch, dropped me right next to it just to close it on my face

then she picked me up and hooked me. didn't mean anything to me, but I never asked for a counterplay to killer closing the hatch.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I like the random nature of the hatch as it is. It helps wrap up games quickly, and whoever gets it, gets it.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,434

Complaining about the Hatch not having counterplay kind of gives me the same energy as standing around in the exit gates. You won already; take the win gracefully

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,560

What do you mean "no counterplay" ?

Find it first and close it.

After seeing that word used so for do many things that have counters, I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't a lot of people who do not understand what "no counterplay" actually means.

We already know that here, the word "boring" is often used in lieu of "difficult" so it's not a stretch.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,307
    edited July 2022

It does its job perfectly - it ends the match or starts a timer that ends the match in the overwhelming majority of matches (it's rare to see a killer just stand on it and look around and not close it, but in that case the survivor can do gens for free if they want and activate the gates that way)

That's its purpose.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,419
    edited July 2022

Make hatch auto close after 60 seconds and I'd be perfectly fine with it. Just sucks that survs can camp it to BM, which is frustrating, and killers can camp it to force the last surv to do gens, which is boring as hell.

I think making hatch auto close would drastically reduce slugging for the 4k.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

There is a counter to it: don't be a sweaty 4ss player who needs to 4k every game. :D

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

It is important to have hatch, it keeps the hope that the survivor might still escape. Otherwise what's the point in playing the game for the survivors if there are already 2 survivors sacrificed but still 3 gens remaining. Then they should add a surrender button.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322

Okay, after 60 Seconds hatch closes, but after 90 seconds the survivor automatic escapes. Good deal. Thx.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

STILL complaining about hatch where only one survivor can escape.

Killer main brain.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Because providing the losing side a freebie is considered "fair", this is why some killers make #3 suffer as a slug while hunting the 4th.

• MrMori
    edited July 2022

Why? At least the hatch closing automatically speeds up the last 1v1 and makes sense. It should be in the killers favor. Remember that this is after the killer has already practically won. It's either that, or run around for 4 minutes while the other surv is slugged + killer standing over hatch for 5 more minutes to see if you do a gen or show up. Auto close means it's less likely killers will bother to slug for the 4k and waste everyones time. Win win.

Hatch was never fair, it's a good thing it was nerfed. Right now it only exists to throw survivors a bone to stay in a bad match, "You may get hatch though!". And that's fine, but you may as well let it auto close after 60 seconds. Speed things up a bit, prevent boring mexican standoffs.

That would mean faster queue times too, you know.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,873

Hatch is such a non-issue at this point.

Also, a hatch escape doesn't feel like a win as a surv, and doesn't feel like a loss as a killer. It's almost always a matter of luck/rng.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I really want the objective progressing between 2 sides go equally, to make the match tense and fun for everyone.

Everyone know if 1 survivor down at 4 Gen, its possible to be camped and kill the 2nd survivor with Noed. And as you said, 2 survivors with 2-3 Gen remaining is a certain lose to survivor, they will just hide to make the game extremely bore. And thats why survivors have to rush just incase camping happens.

I think 4K should be as rare as 0K. Increase objective for 4 survivors, but the more survivors die, the less objective needed to be done. That way, the Gen would not go too fast, and Killer will have to think twice before tunneling someone, and I do have a simple idea for that:

Gen required to power Gate = Alive survivor(s) + 2.

As 4 survivors alive, they have to finish 6 Gen. 3 survivors requires 5 Gen, 2 survivors requires 4 Gen. Which is, if there are 5 Gen done and 1 survivor die, the Gate is powered right after the Sacrifice finish.

• drakolyr

No, the killer did not win at this point. And thats the other point. Its a 50 vs 50 and killer shouldnt get a free buff. They already got advantage if they hook a survivor and can freely roam beforehand.

Its completly fair, the first one gets the hatch. If killer dont like to wait on the hatch, close it. Endgame collapse starts. If the survivor has a key, well he won.

• drakolyr

I like your idea, but it should be 1.5 for 4 - 3 and 2 for 2 and 2 for 1 survivor.

Otherwise 1 survivor needs to do 3 gens eventually, which isnt possible if the killer patrols every gen.

• MrMori

But it wastes time and you have to be psychologically tormented by survivors relentlessly tbagging you, mocking and utterly humiliating you by standing over the hatch as you approach and tbagging for like 2 seconds. It's horrible.

• drakolyr

I only see HURR DURR SURVIVORS BAD CRY.

Honestly, both sides should have equally fun. I also got killers who dragged me to hatch, to close it in my face. While i was non toxic in match.

Open your horizon or play survivor too. Helps a lot. Its always 2 sides of a coin.

• MrMori
    edited July 2022

I was exaggerating and making a joke but I guess this is very serious business.

Anyway, I'm a pretty okay survivor, reached Iri 1 and have all achievements and stuff and I honestly think its bullshit when I get gates ultra far away from each other and get a free escape as last survivor.

Hatch I just jump into without waiting for the killer, but a timer would force survs in. Camping hatch as surv has the same energy as waiting at gates. So yeah, auto close in 60 seconds, what's the issue?

Survs should get the option to surrender through unanimous vote once everyone is downed or hooked, for example. That would make survivor less frustrating to play, and save time for everyone. Would also prevent killers from bleeding survs out for no reason.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Last survivor has hatch play. So it doesnt matter.

For 2 survivors (Dwight & Meg), despite Gates powered at 4 Gens. Either Dwight or Meg still have to win a chase, lets say you chase Dwight while Meg opening another Gate. Its a challenging task for Dwight, especially if you play fair where you made alot of chases to kill other 2, which no more pallet left for Dwight.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

I've never understood people who hated last survivor getting hatch and I understand it less now. Hatch is the weakest it's ever been in the history of the game and some killers will still find a reason to hate it.

It doesn't even spawn until there's only one survivor alive, if they get away then you just lost. How is this a problem?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,791

Complaining about the hatch in 2022 lol

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

You move at 115% of the movespeed they do and can move freely while they often have to stealth. The odds are massively stacked in your favour in a 1v1 scenario, which you can also prevent completely by slugging if you really really are offended by the thought of anyone escaping. I don't know how much more counterplay they could feasibly add.

• drakolyr

The thing also is.... technically 2 dead and 2 escapes are considered the perfect match.

You are not entitled to a 4k.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,901

Mandy is right here, You are not supposed to COUNTER the Hatch, its basically about ending the game.

Think about it, there is no regular gameplay, usually the survivor remaining cant do anything when they are left.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

What I'm reading is your issue isn't with the hatch. It has counter play you find it first you close it.

Your issue is with the negative feeling you get when someone BM's on top of the hatch because they found it first.

I'm afraid you'll have to fix that one bug yourself because it lives inside your own head.

You're never gonna stop people from being obnoxious about winning or pissy about losing, even if they make some mechanic where if you BM for more than 2 seconds at the hatch/exit you explode and die losing all your blood points, people will find a new way to taunt you if they beat you.

Understand that this 'taunting' can't hurt you and is the providence of very childish egos nothing more. You won the match but lost the hatch game any opponent whom thinks this is taunt worthy is purely compensating for their own overall loss.

Survivor is a team game. Its why people complain about solo queue because in solo queue a lot of people are just in it for themselves and it shows in the gameplay and match outcome.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

I'm down for it. Whatever makes those endgame scenarios shorter. Also just close it after a few seconds after a survivor gets near it. This is annoying even when playing survivor and you're already dead and just want to see the killer's loadout and have to wait the douche tbag the killer.

This discussion has been closed.