Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Finished gen increases completion time by 10 seconds

fogdonkey
fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Finished gen increases completion time of other gens by 10 seconds

... And killed survivor reduces it by 30 seconds.

Deal?

No? What would be a fair deal?

I think something like this could make the game more interesting and reduce genrush or situations where killers get 4k with 5 gens still remaining.

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Huh. I'm not sure if the exact numbers check out, but the bones of the idea are a pretty solid way to change the dominant strategy that removing a survivor ASAP is the most reliable way to win the game.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Peculiar suggestion, I would be open to try it for 1 month and see what happens.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Yeah, the numbers need to be fine tuned. Just wanted to write down the basic idea.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

That sounds reasonable, maybe 10 and 30 seconds could be too much but I see no reason not to try this idea.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

It's just such a bizarre game mechanic no one would care for. Cool idea though

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

For once I'd actually be useful to the team besides just perma saboing hooks, I'd support it

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I like how that one mobile DBD knock off by Netease does it. The first couple of gens take longer to complete. Not sure the exact numbers or if it still works like that because I haven't played in a long time, but I remember thinking it was a pretty good compromise rather than just making all gens take longer.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Your idea is interesting too, btw!

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,606
    edited June 2022

The principle is interesting. The values are wrong, obviously.

First suggestion: the value removed or added isn't a constant but a function.

The values should always satisfy:

t(s) + g(j) - k(i) >= T

Were:

• t(s) is the base time to finish a generator given s survivors are working on that generator
    • g(j) is the additional time to finish a generator given that j generator have been done already
    • k(i) is the subtracted time to finish a generator given that i survivors have been killed
    • T is the absolute minimum time that doing a generator should take

This doesn't take into account perks with an influence over the generator time.