The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can someone explain?

No code, no event bonus or anything, just a regular game. Went over 1 mil. How?

Also, did someone notice the missing cooldown in the description of Jolt? Did they secretly already buff it or is it just a description error?

Comments

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

I think past 1mil you do still get some points, no where near what you earned at the end of the trial score board, but I've seen my BP go up slightly before I noticed I was at the cap and spent some.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

The way cap-breaking BP dumps work is honestly quite confusing.

It could be that something funky has happened after you got one BP dump (like a daily bonus or a reset bonus or something) and you didn't spend all of that bonus. So say you got 200k from a code, then you spent 198,896 BP, then you waited a week and played a few games and broke the cap again.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Yeah, you probably had some leftover bloodpoints from past codes or rewards

They are removing the cooldowm from Jolt, and probably the description broke before the update, as often happens

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

The way ive seen it described by a mod before is that there are 2 seperate BP pools (as far as coding is concerned). The normal pool is capped at 1 mil, the gift pool (rank reset, codes, etc) has no cap. So lets say you have 900k in normal, then get 200k in gift. Your total BP (which is all we see as players) is 1.1 mil. If you play a match at that point, technically you could earn another 100k before your normal pool is filled so it would look like youre going above 1 mil normal pool when youre really not. I just made up these numbers as an example, i believe they have secondary systems in place to keep ppl from abusing it. So you may earn some points this way but it will be much lower than the numbers im usin here.