Dead Hard is still very strong

Options

even though you can't use the perk for distance, you still can. What I mean is that since you get a warning before the killer hits you you can still wait for the swing and possibly get to a pallet or force the killer to give you a speed boost. Seems like it works pretty much the same if you don't waste it and wait for the killer to swing.

Comments

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164
    Options

to be fair, the speed boost you'll gain from getting hit would also spare you the use of a pallet.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I liked the way tofu explained it. Yes it's weaker, but it still shouldn't exist in the way it does. The ability to press a single button and be granted a free health state is just bad game design. The perk should've been changed completely from that concept

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,792
    Options

This is why I liked my idea of actually dodging a killer hit from pure skill grants you the speed boost. Not press a button and you get endurance for 1 second.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 327
    Options

yep, it's still an on-demand extra health state without hard conditions. definitely going to stay meta

• Trex_Crazy
    Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209
    Options

But if they escape it is a "skilled" play. One button pressing therefore is "skillful"

• Trex_Crazy
    Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209
    Options

I feel like it should have a condition behind it, like mettle of man does. I mean to an extent it is just mettle now but without the work for it and aura downside. I think it needs to have some sort of work for it, whether it be gen progress, hook saves, totem breaking, protection hits, healing others, etc. some sort of work for the free health state.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,267
    Options

It is about as strong as before but it requires more skill to use.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

It's better against most m2 attacks (provided those initiate at range). It is much worse against m1s. It'll probably still be run a lot, but there's no question that SB is the more consistent alternative now.