How come maps don’t get addressed?

Options

I can confidently say that majority of the maps are bad. The most balanced ones in my opinion are the MacMillan maps.

And they only get worse with each Chapter release. The 3 most recent ones are absolutely “Dredgeful” ;)

I really hope they get some sort of change because the map is either full of pallets or too big to manage.

Comments

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

They don’t get addressed because enough people are still playing the game and there’s no incentive for BHVR to spend resources on fixing maps.

I’ve said this a million times, but if you really want these changes made to the game, you have to stop playing and spending money on the game. The only signals that BHVR recognize as a “problem” is when player count and revenues drop.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

Because it is going to take a large amount of work to balance maps so it is fair for both survivors and ALL Killers.

BHVR averages about 3 maps reworks every 3-4 years. (AutoHaven, Coldwind, Haddonfield)

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

I mean the Dredge Map is Really fine except the Main Building its Way to strong for Survivor

Biggest Problèm i hv whit the Artist Map and all license Map all feels very Survivor Sided .... midwich is kimda balanced but the Hook Spawns are awful

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Sad thing is that almost none of the map reworks they did so far actually adressed their problematic design.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

I feel like we'd be slightly better off if they would at least go in and shrink some of the larger maps (Mother's Dwelling, Shelter Woods, Azarov's Resting Place, etc). Honestly they could probably just disable Shelter Woods and Azarov's for the time being without much fuss, I don't know many people who actually enjoy those outdated maps.

I'm loosely of the opinion that Ironworks of Misery is about the largest that any map should ever get, provided that it doesn't also have an extremely wide spread of generators a la Ormond, a bunch of non-mindgameable tiles like The Game, or almost exclusively unsafe tiles like Hawkins did.

Keeping maps loosely between 8,000 and 10,000 meters squared (roughly between Coal Tower and Ironworks) would probably be a pretty good size benchmark for map design.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Eyrie is way more balanced than Garden...

Garden has House of Pain 2.0, has a ton of LoS blockers in close proximity, and small areas that Survivors can easily move through but Killers get caught or hung up on.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

They don't fix maps because they cant sell them to us. They make money off cheap cosmetics and crappy chapters. BHVR gets nothing out of balancing their game.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 286
    Options

I read this post and quite literally got a rotton fields map with 4 long wall gyms and every filler pallet was a god pallet too. It was truly amazing how safe the map was, literally 4 gens before my first M1. And before a few clowns come in here telling me to break chase I did, it didn't matter because the entire map was extremely safe.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I disagree with the macmillian maps being the more balanced. The closest to balanced imo is wreckers yard and maybe coal tower.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

I'd honestly like to wait and see how they feel after this midchapter patch. Garden of Joy and Eyrie of Crows were both probably made with the new base changes to killer in mind, and might not be quite so oppressive for killer after the patch.

However they definitely do need to address the god window on the main building of Garden of Joy. If you're facing the front of the house, I'm talking about the one that spawns on the bottom floor in the back-right; if the killer vaults, the survivor can just reenter the house from the entrance to the left of the window, and if the killer tries to go around through that exit to cut them off, the survivor can just loop back in through the entrance to right of the window. On many killers you literally have to just drop chase and leave or throw the game forcing the survivor to vault it 3 times, assuming you can even stay in chase the whole time.