Honestly, kind of wish they'd remove flashlights.

NomiNomad
NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I swear to god, with most Survivor's, flashlights are basically a Killer item. The amount of times I've had somebody chase the killer just so they can get that flashlight save and then proceed to mistime it or get downed immediately because the Killer has ears and can hear you running behind them.

Yeah, sure, every once in awhile you'll see a Survivor who's can manage to get saves pretty effectively, but most of the time it's still because they were just following the killer around.

I mean, obviously they won't, and I don't really wish they'd remove flashlights, but I hate how having a flashlight can turn a survivor useless.

Comments

• akaTheBARON
    akaTheBARON Member Posts: 346
    edited July 2022

Honestly, from the title, I thought this was going to be written from the perspective of playing killer and stating how flashlights are "annoying and toxic" and all that... crybaby stuff LOL.

but yeah, while I don't want them gone, I hate wannabe flashlight gods, who simply waste time trying to get flashlight saves. Some bring empathy, and when they see someone injured in chase, they will just stop what they're doing and run that way. And heaven forbid the injured survivor actually loops the killer for a while because instead of the flighlight jocky actually getting a gen done, they're just crouching behind something waiting... and usually they're ass with the damn thing anyway LOL. So I get that annoyance.

For me its the same with CoH, certain survivors will just lean on it. They waste time finding a totem bc they don't know where they usually are, they will continuously bless the same totem after being snuffed bc they can't find another one, and people who play this way are the type who refuses to play injured. In the wrong hands its a perk thats a huge timewaster, just like flashlights LUL

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Noooo, let them keep it, it's funny when they try and blind me with my lightborn on

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I love flashlights on either side.

Things get goofy quick. And I love goofy.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163
    edited July 2022

Someone mentioned that they can trigger seizures a few months back. The more I play killer the more I see exactly what they were talking about. When someone clicks their light into the killers face at a rapid pace it genuinely hurts to look at. It's not just survivors being toxic but rather an intentional attempt to cause harm to their opponent in real life.

I don't think they need to remove flashlights but they definitely need to do something about rapid clicking.

• HeehoRacketeer
    HeehoRacketeer Member Posts: 90

I always hated how, as a killer, you only have 3 options to combat flashlights.

1: Lightborn. This perk negates the flashlight's ability to blind, but once people find out that you're running this perk then survivor productivity increases because those flashy savers can't do their job. We also can't forget that you'd have to bring a perk which would reduce possible build effectiveness (this one is not as much a problem, but can happen).

2: Look away. "Just face a wall 4head". Orienting oneself before getting locked into an animation to avoid the light. This can be tricky when doing anything that isn't picking up a survivor, and even then you can still be blinded because reasons. You can't be 3° off or else this option is rendered null.

3: Deal with it. Just eat the blind and get it over with. Nothing else you can do so just suck it up and move on.

• NomiNomad

A good flashlight save can be game making. Good flashlight saves happen once every ten games, as far as I've seen.

I'm also probably stuck in MMR hell, so that probably doesn't help.

CoH hasn't been too bad honestly. I have had a few survivors rush to wherever their boon is any time they get hit, or worse just bless a new totem, but it's been rare.

• NomiNomad

Goofy flashlights, I'm a-okay with. It's the wannabe [insert Survivor DBD Influencer here] I have an issue with.

I'd really rather have somebody doing a gen rather then following the killer around only to get instantly downed.

With my luck that's usually followed by a DC.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I wish they were deleted. I hate them when I play killer and when my teammates bring them

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I think it’s funny when survivors bring flashlights. It means I have an ######### chasing me down so I don’t have to chase them down.

• Kelo
    Kelo Member Posts: 9

And those clicky click survivors, t bagging at the exit gate

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,625

Heh, I loved to face those flashlight squads back in the day.

You have no idea how effective Freddy was against them. Can't really blind a killer that you cannot see :)

Also, it is good to see ya, my friend! It has been a while.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

How else are they gonna learn timing if they wont practice it?