If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Besides some things aside like off the record, dbd will be now a lot harder for survivors

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

And that is good. Believe it or not but Dead hard was the biggest part of it, it enabled much more riskier and worse pathing on loops, it gave survivors abit of mistake wiggle room and they could correct it with just one button. Mindgames are finally again rewarding, it was such a ######### feeling when you catched a survivors off guard with a good mindgame and they just robbed that from you by pressing 1 button.

But now it will be different, now we are back to the roots of dbd where survivors need to actually watch out and pay attention how they run the loop whilest keeping an eye out for the Killer.

I believe this will be a MUCH healthier and more fun gameplay for both sides. I am really glad that BHVR has admitted how stupidly unhealthy this perk was for dbd and that its finally gone basicly.

Also a nice side effect, Weaker Killers like Demo, Doctor and Nemesis will be ALOT better then and therefore alot more fun to play. I cant wait for this update, I truly missed playing doctor.

Comments

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I agree that dead hard needs some changes and glad it got the changes it needed.

I'm worried about camping and tunneling though

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    Options

Honestly, you could just destroy DH and keep the 80s gen speed. The speed of chases will be so much faster now without DH. I can rant forever on DH and I am glad it's gone.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Amen to this post kid.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

They've totally screwed Solo Q over. It didn't need to be harder for us. I'd love it if the Devs just for once stopped focusing squarely on the Killer vs SWF dynamic. Surely there is a large population of Solo Q survivors worth thinking about.

• BenZ0
    Options

Ye but sadly the bigger part of the issues is SWF not solo q. However you are right that solo q also needs changes especially information wise.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

The only bad part of DH's nerf, it is also buff for killers like Nurse, Blight. This killers will feel stronger too and they are already so strong.

But for the rest great change.

• Wrecked
    Wrecked Member Posts: 54
    Options

I don't actually use Dead Hard, which people always find weird as I'm a David main lol, but I find it more rewarding looping / escaping chases without using Exhaustion Perks. I also find that Exhaustion Perks sometimes make me play stupid and they actually end up getting me downed, because I'll go out of my way to try to activate Lithe and end up being hit over a vault etc - I just seem to play better without them. But I suppose it's each to their own. I understand why they're so popular, they're just not for me.

• dspaceman20
    Options

This 100%

they don't want stealth back since there are so many killers perks, addons and even powers which negate stealth

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,335
    Options

Exactly. I mean, Dredge is the newest addition to "No Stealth allowed", with bright Survivors during NIghtfall and Killer Instinct after Teleport.

Personally, I am fine with that, I dont really like Stealth. On neither side, I prefer Chases, I have more fun chasing a good Survivor than searching for some Blendette.

But whenever people say they want stealth, it should be quite clear that BHVR is going the complete other direction.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

OTR is pretty much discount DS. The only advantage is has over DS (pre-patch) is that it can be used much more offesively, apart from that, you gain roughly 5 meters less when the killer is tunneling you AND he has full line of sight over you. To be kind of honest, I like it a bit more that way, it will offer more interactive gameplay.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 801
    Options

as long as maps are the same gen speed will still be a problem adding 10 seconds changes nothing at all if you're on the game, badham, haddonfield, garden of pain, eyrie of crows, rpd, suffo pit..etc

• dspaceman20
    Options

I perfer stealth as its more intense. I understand that stealth can be boring but it can be fun to juke the killer and waste their time.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

I'm ok with getting wrecked by a good survivors who playing smart and making right desigions. If I played bad, I will admit it, I'm ok with losing to a good opponent, learn the mistakes, improve from them. Don't get me wrong.

What I'm not ok with - when I'm clearly smarter and winning all mindgames, but getting outplayed coz of 1 button, and getting called "EZ" at the end lobby. This even brings tilt tbh.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

Its sadly not about much harder, its about much more frustrating. And something like this shouldnt have happened if devs would have listened to their community about what was needed to be done.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

If 10 secs is nothing I prefer gen times to be 70 secs

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

and what about survs mind gaming the killer and get caught only because of bloodlust?

• Grigerbest
    Options

The killer is DESIGNED to eventually catch the survivor in any chase. And if you're as a killer while in chase focusing on Bloodlust, you're clearly not good in mindgames and chases.

Besides survivors that are complains about Bloodlust is clearly not good survivors as well.

• PatchNoir
    PatchNoir Member Posts: 580
    Options

Solo Q would me much better with an aura reading, like the wedding ring one, we could do like a pair of survivors on solo qeue can see eachother auras, thats it. They will coordinate with the gestures the game gave, and will do a lot to not let his "aura partner" die.

As this could "nerf" the killer stalling by hurting and leaving survivors, we can deactivate the aura reading for 30 seconds after being hurt (not perks auras)

• Sheldor
    Sheldor Member Posts: 213
    Options

And why is that good ?

Why bother playing a game at all where as a solo queue player your chances of winning a game (getting out alive) is barely 10-20 % ? Getting defeated by crybaby killers who cried for years to make the game harder and harder for survivors with every patch in 8-9 out of 10 games ?

Best decision is to move on to other games.

• Grigerbest
    Options

solo queue player your chances of winning a game (getting out alive) is barely 10-20 % --- Whae?

From where you got these numbers?

I don't really see any changing in the future personally. The game is just gonna be more fair to killers.

• BenZ0
    Options

Probably you think of the word "weak" as such a big or heavy thing. They are not buttom tier or something but they are indeed in the middle and the reason was dead hard, solaly this perk countered them heavily and extended the chases by 100%.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

The way I see it is there 6 tiers. S,A,B,C,D,F tier. They are b so they are good. Someone like twins and legion had their power countered a lot harder by dead hard than demogorgon who was one of the better killers able to bait it out sometimes.

as for the topic. Yes dead hard being basically trash is going to make the game healthier. Unfortunately camping and tunneling is gonna be worse because it’s gonna be easier now.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 534
    Options

I’d much rather deal with DH then Sprintburst any day..

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,614
    Options

Could you provide an example of a mind game that loses to bloodlust?

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

The escape rate for survivors currently is around 45%, from BHVR's data. They also said that solo-queue survivors escape at a -15% rate compared to SWFs, assuming that solo-queue make up about 1/2 of the survivor population, then you can assume that survival rates for solo-queue is closer to 38%.

With all of these global killer buffs and global survivor nerfs in this patch, I could see solo-queue dropping to around 10% - 20%. (This patch will be devastating to solo-queue).

However, I'm not to worried about it. If it ends up being as bad as I think it will be, BHVR will either revert the killer buffs quickly or lose a massive amount of players. Until then, I'll solely play Killer if I play DBD.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options

Now survivor gameplay will be less braindead.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,134
    Options

wdym survivors cant play riskier? Survivors can equip a med kit and CoH and any mistakes they make will be nullified by healing in 5 seconds so idk.

• BenZ0
    Options

Many ppl try to hide it by the argument "you need to time it right" but no Dead hard did indeed carry ALOT of survivors.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

This is accurate now

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

someone send me the patch notes please, how will weaker killers become good?

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    edited July 2022
    Options

Who cares about solo anymore? I'm likely betting over 80% of all matches are swf. The poor remaining 20% will have to suck it up.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 284
    Options

I have 2500 hours in the game and I am all for harder games, using other exhaustion perks in a creative way in chases like Balanced or Lithe however I think the devs will regret this in the long run.

Unfortunately, most people are not that good at survivor (not that people are that good at killer either esp people who complained that they lost games ONLY because of dead hard or something like that), however, I genuinely believe this update will cause a lot of people who played survivor to leave who were causal players.

On top of that this game is already extremely hard to get into as a new player and it will be worse now (for survivor side at least)

Someone already wrote this in the other thread but the compensation Survivors got for the meta nerf (DS and DH in particular) is not enough, the only perk that got buffed to be meta now is Off the Record, nothing else, tunneling and camping will be worse than ever.

I personally do not mind getting tunneled, chases are the only thing I care about these days so if I have 1-2 good chases I can die and just move on to the next game but I do think the game will be more unfun now for Survivors

• BenZ0
    Options

Tbf on certain Killers you WILL lose because of current Dead hard.. look at Doctor, Trapper or Clown for example (just a few to mention). These Killers get their entire power completely negated and countered by this perk. I do agree that this will hurt the newer playerbase even further, however you cannot ignore the higher end of the playerbase just to make it newbys right. World of warcraft followed that exact path and look where it is now? Its barely holding itsself cuz they tried so hard to make it right for noobs. It is the better developlent direction to stick with the higher playerbase, new players will lose anyway interested soon enough, regardless how well you balance it for them.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options
  • fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I mean, that was literally the entire point.

They said "kill rates were too low", it just doesn't makes sense if they don't make it harder for survivors.