TTVs Being Toxic

serpentk1ng
serpentk1ng Member Posts: 18
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

What is it lately with all the TTVs in lobbies being the most toxic people imaginable? It doesn't matter whether they win or lose, they'll post all kinds of horrible things in the post game chat. Then, if you go to their streams, you'll see them saying just as bad or worse things about you the whole time. Do they think this makes anyone want to watch their streams? Is there a better way to report these kinds of streamers, since they might be people's first exposure to the game?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157

Money makes the world go round..

But there are plenty of chilled, funny and lovely TTVs also. I'd even say the majority offer- speaking of my encounters

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

I wouldn't label all ttvs this way. In my experience it's 50/50 whether they're chill or whether they're super toxic.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

It's just survivor behavior, along with killer behavior, being a streamer doesn't make you a jerk, nor does it make you the nicest person in the world

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2022

Sadly, I think it does draw viewers. Look a the media people watch, toxicity is compelling viewing for a large portion of the population. Couple that with the fact that most TTVs aren't actually very good and want to assign blame when things don't go their way (because they probably feel like they were embarrassed in front of their audience), you get these sorts of things.

And TBH, basic surv play is boring af to watch, so they often feel like they have make things spicy. Now really good survs can do that with gameplay alone, but that's a tiny percentage of the whole. So many want to be Ayrun or JRM and are far, far, from, and get really salty when that is made clear.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Most ttvs I get are chill but I got this pretty obnoxious one recently.

Not so much in match just some clicking + teabagging which i've seen a thousand times before anyway, at some point I pick her up and get hit with a 59 second DS, I didn't actually remember hooking her so recently but it's no big deal, I down her again and back on the hook she goes.

I go to her stream to say the usual gg wp I was the killer gl next etc and she freaks out

"You're so mad I DS'd you, you had to tunnel me out??" - I mean no one else was around...

Soon she's practically shrieking "you just have to tunnel the ttv, don't you?" while I'm explaining that I really don't mind ttvs because I like watching the VODS back while she's still going "YOU JUST HAVE TO TUNNEL THE TTV" it was very strange and unpleasant so I wished her gl next again and got outta there. Thankfully this is not a usual experience when I drop by opponent's streams or I wouldn't do it

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I've noticed this lately as well, and have seen a few even dox players' profiles on stream. I just report them on Twitch when the latter is the case. Preferably I dodge their lobbies altogether, but that's a bit difficult to do when they're the killer 😅

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,834

I've gotten pretty decent at countering bully plays and toxicity. I'm surprised at the amount of streamers I've played against that DC when they realize I'm shutting down their bully plays. Lots of friendly streamers, but toxic streamers are a whole different breed.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Why would you go to someone's stream that was being toxic in chat? Like I get leaving end game chat open because you're hoping they'll leave a nice message but as soon as it's negative just leave and move on to next game. Don't give them views and don't give them additional content commenting in their chat.

Unless they say something to break Twitch TOS they're not going to be banned. BHVR won't do anything because things that happen on Twitch are not their problem, they're Twitch's problem to handle. If what they say in DBD end game chat breaks BHVRs rules then you could report that and BHVR would do something.

The best thing to do is ignore them. Don't give them the attention because attention is free content for them. If they type something negative in chat just leave and move on to next game, don't waste your time on them.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

So this is generally true but they also have like 2-10 viewers on average so it's not really that different from any dbd player in particular. You just get to see them self-report in 4k is the only difference.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Had some killer bleed me out and my entire team of randoms just because I was a TTVer, very weird behaviour honestly.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,019

Closing this thread here, as these threads go south and into attacks and harassment of content creators very quickly.

No matter who the player is, anything said the post-game chat that violates our Rules on Communications Abuse (Insults, intimidation, hate speech, repeated harassment, threats, wishes of harm, etc), and things done in game that violate the rules (cheating, hacking, holding a player hostage, etc) are reportable through the (required) in-game report system, as well as a Support Ticket (optional or required, depending on offense): https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

Things such as the use of perks, clicking flashlights, taking hits while the killer is carrying a survivor, slugging, camping, tunneling, and repeatedly pressing the crouch button, while irksome to many, are not reportable.

Things that occur on a Twitch stream or in Twitch chat, must be reported to Twitch directly. If a streamer says anything that violates their platform's TOS, it can be reported and investigated by Twitch Admins. Will also note that streamsniping is also a violation of Twitch's TOS, and can also be reported on the platform.

This discussion has been closed.