Dear survivors, please don't give up after getting hooked - Sincerely, a killer main

Options

I'm a killer main and it annoys me that so many survivors ragequit or kill themselves after I hook them for the first time. I always feel bad for the other survivors when they do that... Why miss out on those bloodpoints? And you could still win! Today I even had someone that was the last survivor and all the gens were repaired and he quit after I hooked him?? Like why would you do that? 😭

Also, I know it's annoying when your teammate unhooks you while I haven't even left the hook yet, but come on. Chill and get those bloodpoints!

Comments

• GamerGumball96
    GamerGumball96 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Oh yeah I get that. Well I've only been playing for a month or so, so I'm not even that good yet and am easy to counter lol. And even then I still encounter a lot of quitters. And no I don't camp or tunnel, I've learned soon enough that's a no no

• GamerGumball96
    GamerGumball96 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Haha no, I actually tried playing her for the first time today, and that didn't go well πŸ˜‚ I haven't been playing dbd for that long, I'm still too green for nurse lol

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250
    Options

Not that I'm justifying hook suicides, but the reason for hook suicides is less about your lowered chances of survival, and more about the lowered chances that you're going to have any fun. If you get hooked at 5 gens, there's a high chance that rest of the match is going to be very fustrating, and most pepole just don't feel that it's nessasery to put up with that just for a few solo que strangers.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

But all my teammates are sitting in corners and doing gens

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,218
    Options

Nurse requires a lot of practice and commitment. If by green you refer to your general experience in the game, it's probably better to leave her aside for a while.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

It would be better if survivors simply would not play at all so BHVR is forced to make the game fair. This is the better advice than staying in an unwinnable match or a miserable one.

Playing the game and losing is of no interest. There is no motivation to improve the game as long as survivors play. This is why the survivor role is a gigantic mess.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

this is how it basically is for killers right now Sluzzy.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

Whatever!

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options
  • scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

With the state of solo q currently, I can't blame any survivor for giving up on first hook.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

So much this.

If they added the option in to select a small set of killers you absolutely cannot tolerate so the game avoids matching you up with them, the number of DCs and hook suicides would drop dramatically. Also, Legion, Bubba, and Nurse would never get a match again.