Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Solo Survivor is Abysmal

Its apparently very difficult to trust others to do generators and unhook in a timely manner. In fact, its so hard to hold m1 that people would rather kill themselves rather than do anything to actually make the game fun to play. I get that survivors can very often bully killers, but as a solo player who's just trying to play the game, this recent patch just makes the game wholly frustrating to play. Borrowed Time basekit was a great addition, but would it be possible to have Kindred or some other info perk become basekit for teammates so they don't just F around doing jack all game. Make solo survivor playable.

Comments

• KaijuMoose
    KaijuMoose Member Posts: 14

Would love to hear other opinions on the matter.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

The problem with soloq is that it only takes one non-efficient survivor to lose to a killer at your MMR. So when the games are good they are good, but the second you get a stealther or someone doing a challenge it's hard not to notice.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited July 2022

Make Kindred basekit and put the DS stun time back to 5s

Also Kinship should apply to the killer (might help with camping?) and deactivates if you're the last survivor remaining as to not waste time and should have an icon like PT, WMI, Leader to let other survivors know you're running it

• JackOfTrades
    JackOfTrades Member Posts: 462
    edited July 2022

Time to go back to Skyrim or find people. Either or.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    edited July 2022

Yeah, at least before the update you could play killer and even if you didn't win you could have some fun and get some bp if you were semi-decent. This is not the case with the current state of solo queue.

It's not fun, and if you're lucky you'll make it out with 20k bp.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,133

It's not any better when survivors who are actually good at looping get punished because the devs decided buffing bloodlust was the right choice instead of removing it all together.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

The problem is a different one. Matchmaking matches veterans with new players. Which then get stomped, because they lack basic game knowledge.

Previously you could only assume how the others skill was after the match. But now you can see how often someone prestiged during the lobby.

For example, yesterday I had a couple of matches with p0 and p1 players. Which obviously didn't perform well.

So we'll probably start to see lobby dodging on teammates.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

You are a much better survivor than I am and you usually (always?) play solo if I recall. How were your survivor games if you played?

• midnightt
    midnightt Member Posts: 8

I don't know why they don't just put a gen penalty for premades or something like that instead of these changes

They even nerf self healing! SELF HEALING!! A bad perk that only works with people who play alone

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Solo is still fun and the changes haven't impacted my survivor experience.

Overall 👍 devs

• Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162
    edited July 2022

Base kit BT was supposed to stop Tunneling btw. Last three matches they've chased me down and waited. Even ran OTR and still was hit cause he didn't know. Off hook second time? Immediately hit me and chased me down. IT's a ######### joke.

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

soloQ has always been abysmal, now it's been extra highlighted, doubt bhvr care though

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

That game with Steve and Bubba was the only enjoyable game yesterday. Even if I had died that bubba’s disappointment was way too funny.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
  • Tsulan

The one against GF was quite entertaining for me. I don´t need to escape to have a good time.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,081

Way too many heavy handed changes to nerf chase, it's now hecking abysmal to run no exhaustion perks. They should not have made so many changes at once.

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

As killer main, I approve this message 🙏 The only solo survivors that escaped my matches today have done so through hatch. I had fun with easy chill matches 🙃

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
  • cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 407

I would suggest that to kill a game this efficiently would require sabotage, but I think in this case they just failed to listen to the feedback since they legitimately thought they were improving the game. See you all after the roll back.

• SoloQKev
    SoloQKev Member Posts: 163

I agree, all my games solo yesterday were painful. It felt like it was only me trying to play the game. nearly every match at least 1 dc, game starts first 5 seconds someone goes down and then kills themself on the hook. People creeping around the map scared to even touch a gen. I mean what's wrong with SBMM is it disabled or something because it feels like I am getting players who just bought the game. I run killer for like 3 minutes, nope no gens is done. A shame as well because I love this game, just at the moment soloq I can't... :(

• TheLastHook
    TheLastHook Member Posts: 495

Play the Survive with Friends in Voice Comms experience.

You just selected the Solo Q experience where even running Kindred matters.

So obviously it's a harder mode.

• Tsulan

I have mixed feelings on that match.

Yes, the David was a completely new player, who shouldn´t have been matched with us. Yes, the other survivor suicided for no reason at all.

Those things were awful. I totally agree.

BUT my chases with the GF, the mind games and surprise moments of seeing him stalk from a window, when i expected him somewhere else really made the match fun for me.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

I've been reading the same thing here for a month everyone told them it's going to kill solo Q it was super obvious, they did it anyway they just don't care tbh, it's balanced around SWF now

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248

You see how this is a bad thing, right? If you are guaranteed a win, even when the game is "chill and easy", doesn't that show you something is wrong?

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I've managed to escape about 3 times tonight out of the 15 or so matches I played.

The matches where I escaped, I legit did most of the gens cuz of the gen repair speed build I was using: Overzealous, Prove Thyself, Resilience, and Deja Vu. Without those speed repair bonuses those matches would have been a complete loss.

The other matches I'm lucky if even 3 gens get done. In the only 3 matches where 3 of them got done, the remaining 2 would never be finished because by then 2 people were already dead.

I have been tunneled like crazy too, probably because the killer can see my prestige rank (11) and not even DS with it's lame 3 second stun is enough to escape.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

They fixed most things in this patch, made killer stronger very good! But as solo survivor yeah I don't understand why we could not get at least auras on all survivors when someone is on the hook. Such easy thing.