BBQ& Chili & WGLF Bonus Points

Options
M4dBoOmr
M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598

did bhvr forgot why those perks had bonus points?

Killers are now slugging way more

Survivors are not going for Unhooks as before

weird coincidence 😂🤣

Comments

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

BHVR and players, who do play as a survivor exclusively were convinced that players do use those perks, mainly BBQ, for their effects and not for the bonus bloodpoints.. Even though the overwhelming majority of the community has been literally telling them so for years.

My guess is, they have wanted an excuse to keep players playing the game more frequently.. Resulting in higher money incomes.

• tensu950
    tensu950 Member Posts: 51
    Options

Those bonuses needed to be added in the base kit, I agree having them tied to a perk was bad but the play style they encouraged was good.

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199
    Options

We tried to signal these problems but nobody actually gave a fck. Now killers will camp even more without ANNY incentive to go for another survivor. Good job!

I posted it in the meantime of facecamping as bubba. The surv is still on the hook.

Removal of BP feels fine :>

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,936
    Options

Yes we need these bonuses in the game somehow, even at a reduced capacity.

• ZVom
    Options

we need much bigger bonuses rather than 500 bp. I would say at least 10x of that. 10k BP for first unhook, 5k bp per first hook, 1k for hitting a survivor at least 40m away from the last hook etc.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,936
    edited July 2022
    Options

That's nuts. The highest score event for anything is 5k and that's escaping. 10k is the maximum of a category, so you wouldn't even feel that 10k as it would be consumed by the category cap anyway.

This suggestion would award you an additional 2k for doing these tasks, allowing you to max out the Survival/Sacrifice category, and would be multiplied by any other bonuses.

The point isn't the amount, it's the incentive. These bonuses would be the only way of maxing out those two categories, so anyone looking to make a good score would know they would have to spread out hooks and rescue their team mates.

• ZVom
    Options

it makes the game farming focused which it was before and it was bad ( well it still is going to be farming simulator since grind is nowhere near "good" state, it's rather abysmal)

those suggested bonuses should be applied post-trial, just like BBQ and WGLF

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

As others have stated, BBQ incentivizes killers to seek out other survivors. When I played killer and I saw the auras of someone in the distance that I hadn't hooked yet, I was definitely eager to go that direction. But removing the bonus definitely incentivizes killers to camp more than ever now.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,115
    Options

Survivors ran WGLF? 😯

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Well I suppose that with incentives they killed 2 birds with one shot.

If you want bp play the role people are the less.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

The bonus has actually increased for the side that has the least players now even at 25% with offerings, no need for a perk.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I’d be very happy overall with this update if BHVR would admit their mistake and restore the BP bonuses for these perks. Nobody was asking for the BP bonuses to be removed and nobody considered the bonuses a problem at all

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    Options

They're saying with old BBQ it encouraged killers to hook all 4 survivors to get more BPs, now without it killer has no reason not to tunnel or camp.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 372
    Options

Yes this is exactly it. It makes total sense that BHVR believes that killers mostly used it for the aura reading. So when they stated they wanted the perk to be used less, they took away the aura reading so killers wouldn't use it as frequently.

Wait literally the exact opposite of that.

"BHVR are survivor mains and only play survivor lol" just give me a break. It's not ok to harass the developers just because you play a game they work on.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

Yes.. Well, I was. To my surprise, most of the players I've played with have had the META perks exclusively, even ignoring Kindred for Solo Queue, which is crazy. I was the only one to run WGLF in Solo Queue, but the increase of WGLF has increased in SWF as I've noticed when playing as a killer.