is it time to leave DBD as survivor?

2»

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

No? it's time to PLAY MORE as a survivor, que time issue has finally been fixed.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

It has always amazed me how apparently no survivor on the forums used dead hard. I guess the 3/4 of survivors who were running it just don't post here.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186

May I suggest "Identity V"?

It's similar to DBD, but with a more cartoonish, almost Tim Burton-ish art style.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited July 2022

I'm not playing DBD as survivor for 2 years already. Once in a while I come back and play some games as solo survivor, just to find out that nothing has changed and most games end up in 4k, that's just annoying. I still have hope that some day something will change, but it looks like DEVs just ignore soloQ problems and low escape rate.

Now that they nerfed survivors even harder I'm not even going to try this update, although I like some survivor perk changes, but losing 70% of games is just not fun.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Here's one screenshot before the update (you can see since there's no prestige icons).

I was already running the same thing I am now.

Any questions? Still doubting it?

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370

It is out but the monster side is really boring to play.

You can try it but teens queue times take forever and monster gameplay is stale.

Have played during the BETA, have sent feedbacks to the devs, they haven't done anything. The community is quite upset now, game will die before the full release.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,447

It's now or never. The game isn't nice with beginners so if you wait, you'll get horrible game after horrible game.

I was in the betas and if the idea was good, the fun fades pretty fast.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,467

Yeah you still have to be good at looping which is much harder now. I only lost as killer to good swf:s and some of them had legacy skins and they were insane loopers and one girl used new dh perfectly or hacked im not sure.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,447

Well, they did something. Players keeping coming with the monster issues on the discord were banned for some made-up reason like a "ism" or something.

I was a witness of one of these. It was unbelievable. I've left the discord server myself immediately after giving a piece of my mind to the moderator.

So yeah, months later monster is still awfully tiring and annoying. Having to hunt 4 players before then ambush you requires too much energy.

• Fenn
    Fenn Member Posts: 33

I ran DH before the patch hit, and sure made things harder now, but you just have to be more stealthy and have a plan in mind, if the killer shows up.

Maybe I’m just lucky, but I’m not facing much camping and tunnel. My biggest issue is getting bad team mates that dc the first time they go down, or won’t go for unhooking team mates.

played the past few days on iridescent 1 yesterday and escape most of the times, so the new patch have not had a negative influence on my solo survivor experience.

just give it time and try out some fun new builds. My killer experience have also been a lot more positive, now i can run fun perks instead of just a bunch of slowdown perks.

my biggest issue with the patch is Bp bonus they removed from WGLF and Barbecue & chili.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

If you're not gonna do gens then yes time to go, if you're actually gonna make an honest effort to try to win than stick with it because I'm sure things will get better.

There are plenty of viable builds still and I'm sure BHVR will fine tune what they've done here.

• kaneyboy
    kaneyboy Member Posts: 260

I don’t mind the new DH well if the servers don’t lag, then it’s pointless. I’d say I’m usually pretty good at looping- but lately I’m getting hit with strange lunges hits especially if I’m greeding a pallet.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 570

They destroyed the survivor meta while leaving the killer slowdown meta alone + buffed camping so yes, it is time to leave if you have any self respect.

• Khelendrose2020
    Khelendrose2020 Member Posts: 207

Why? With so many perks getting a buff, it has mad gameplay way more fun. I've been seeing stuff tgis week that I've never seen, or rarely because the meta of BT, DS, DH is no more. I've enjoyed running a wide variety of builds that cause me to play very different in each match. Ran a stealth gen build with Distirtion, SO, UE and DM using a nice box set and was able to avoid the killer nearly all game while knocking out 3 solo gens and escaping with 2 others in solo que. Was fun to use something different for once.

Look, survivors are so used to bullying the killer and dictating the tempo of the match that they are now in shock to realize the killer is supposed to be feared and avoided. Get over losing the power role that was never supposed to be with survivors and engage in new play styles and have fun.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

This is what survivors have always never learned. I never understood why survivors subjected themselves to an unwinnable unbalanced match. It was already bad before the patch, now it is like a nail in the coffin.

Unless you are a 4 man and still have fun losing, which is a different story.

Playing solo to simply die (lose) to a killer way less skilled than you is not exactly a game to me. I think games should be fair and it is definitely unfair for survivors now.

• Rastabooze
    Rastabooze Member Posts: 143

they wanted to solve the camp and tunnel problem. They did change the DS stun to 3sec, which is a joke.

I am now getting tunneled way worse after using my DS than before. The 3sec stun is a joke and killers are laughing about it!

Also thx, that DH isnt working properly. You made the perk so much worse and now its not working like it should. What a joke.

Maybe its time to say goodbye, after 6000h DBD (I dont play killer at all)

• alius34
    alius34 Member Posts: 6

I played both a lot of killer and survivor. Why played ? Killer queues are so long, i don't bother to queue up anymore.

Survivor soloq is as bad as it can bad. At the last patch my patience was running towards an end, getting a lot of try hard nurses and blights (using strongest addons, throwing favorable map offerings etc), now its just ridiculous.

For example if you had the favor of facing a sweating nurse in the old patch (with range addons, map offerings, starstruck, ..) tunneling, camping hook stages, it was to the point of beeing unwinnable in soloq if the nurse was decent.

In the current patch its just a joke. A tryhard nurse/blight on a strong map with strong addons will obliterate a decent soloq survivor team.

Like seriously, its a joke.

In the last patches it was the killer that was miserable (unless he played a strong one) most of the time. Yea thats not good.

But at least that was 1 person per match having to experience misery.

Now its 4 survivors getting completly steamrolled in a lot of games while some killer players can experience their power fantasy.

I wonder what goes on in peoples heads that play blight/nurse with map offering (strong addons) that tunnel and camp hook stages etc.

Its like bullying a little kid that has no chance to retaliate in the first place.

Behavior has done a really good job, no ..... in all seriousness, i appreciate their attempt to shift the meta, in which they succeeded.

But mistakes from the past now come back to haunt them: some maps have horrible design balance wise (map size, amount of strong tiles/pallets etc), some killers like blight/nurse needed a rework (at least a tone down of their strongest addons) for a long time, to bring all the cast somewhat in line.

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191

Jesus Christ the entitled crybabies

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,424
    edited July 2022

Before patch: "every single match iv been camped and tunneled. and nodded and hit on the hook by killers, not sure why killers are playing this dirty"

After patch: "So ever since the update- every single match iv been camped and tunneled. and nodded and hit on the hook by killers, not sure why killers are playing this dirty"

The patch didn't do anything special in this regard, it's the same as before except now you have base mini BT with a speed boost.

If anything killer's who don't camp and tunnel have a better chance now than before.

In my opinion, no the changes aren't that bad. But the survivors throwing a tantrum right now, DCing and giving up 30 seconds into a match are.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370

Really they muzzled ppl that were giving negative feedbacks ? Well the game failing is well deserved then.

• kaneyboy

pretty sure there is less pressure now as gens are slower encouraging camping.

• kaneyboy
    edited July 2022

How most games have gone tonight- I think this is my answer.