Solo Queue against legion

So most of the players I’m paired with in my last couple matches against legions aren’t having any of it.

There hasn’t been any DCs but most are suiciding on first hook and a complete lack of enthusiasm to say the least haha.

Im going to run a couple boons to see if that boost team morale otherwise gonna have to start LFG :(

This could be down to the time of day etc, anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited July 2022

random teammate suiciding for absolutely stupid reason? yeah we saw it fair amount of times, pre or post patch.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Run a boon that makes them complete objectives at least... oh wait, we don't have that?

-.-

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

Yes and I don't blame them. Playing against Legion is the most unfun experience in this game as a survivor. It's more enjoyable to play against a sweaty nurse with 8000 hours than it is to play against a Legion running four slowdown perks.

• spiritsLeftball
    spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173
    edited July 2022

I used to despise going against blights a few months ago, but they’re a breath of drag air now in comparison to all the legions.

Thing is legion isn’t even strong, similar to old Freddy just a test of wills and attrition.

• spiritsLeftball

I partially agree, I think the fact that the rift includes legion in addition to the update has made them very popular atm. I think in a few days both killers and survivors will be over it and we’ll be back to normal, which is no legion matches 🤣

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

I also got 3 legions this morning but the first match was even bigger FU to me as it was Pinhead with thana and that add on that does not show you the box aura, amazing to face in solo queue

• spiritsLeftball

Ahhh rough, only good thing is tho is I noticed survivors a far more objective focused. This this help with team mates searching for the box or just rode gens?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,235
    edited July 2022

I mean... I don't think anyone is logging in to play against a 4 slowdown Legion. There are so many other games out there. I don't mind being out-skilled, but it feels like complete BS when I lose because the killer made the game take 15-20 minutes via mending and perks.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

Legion's strong enough. Legion versus solo queue isn't really in the spirit of a multiplayer. They mostly use Never Sleep Pills and Mural Sketch, so they can make it from one end of the map to the other with constant wall hacks. There's no stealth because they always know where you are and there's no chase because they're faster and know where you're going better than you do. They'll probably get the Frenzy down and the 20 second slowdown from Thana in addition to the slowdown from mending. There really isn't much an objective at that point, either.

There's no possibility of counterplay for the survivor and minimal skill required from the Legion player. Even with all this, Legions still stack slowdowns and perks and add-ons that hinder the survivor. There's no back-and-forth, it's just a wave slowdown, one-sided information, and debuffs that go in only one direction. It's not how multiplayer games work.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

It’s crazy how many Survivors just don’t wanna try this patch. I know the role is less fun but constant hook suicides and DCs makes it worse for everyone.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I mean Legion are not strong, they are super boring and make super boring games with heavy slowdowns.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209

Wait you're telling me people don't want to spend the whole game mending and taking two minutes to do a gen?

Shockedpikachuface

No reason to stay in a 20 minute game for a measely 20k bp.

• spiritsLeftball

It’s not hopeless tho, there is counter play. The only thing is are survivors willing to have a 20 plus min extended play each time they face legion? Doubt it, the fact he just had a rework I think he’s going to be this way for a while tho unfortunately.

I agree, I’ve been having fun playing as onryo and solo a just not in my legion matches haha.

did you call someone a naughty name and got banned ?

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

3 minute generators are really fun.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460

Agreed. Some of the unfun aspects of this game have gotten way out of hand since the update. Wait for BHVR's response, I guess.

• spiritsLeftball

I agree it’s trash but, what about the other survivors, it could’ve been their first game of the day or even week…

should we not try on the basis of *team work*?

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

i apparently had an alt account I never knew about actually.

Solo queue is really rough. I wonder what would happen if there was a patch that heavily buffed all the Aura perks. SWFs don’t really use information perks so it would almost exclusively help solo queue

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

Die go next, never will i waste my time in a 30 minute thana legion match in this patch.