Why is OTR and DS disabled during end game?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

Right, that's my point, if you want, go for the hook save. But saying that DS/OTR shouldn't be disabled in endgame is stupid. The complaint i was responding to is that camping/tunneling complaint in endgame. I ask, what else should the killer do in that situation other than camp and tunnel. There is literally no other reasonable play for them to make in that situation. So complaining about it is stupid and shows your survivor bias.

I'm also not stating that every game should be a draw. What i'm saying is, in that situation, is that if the killer is camping and tunneling in that situation, and you can't get the save, or keep trading, that is on you. The point is that it shouldn't be a free escape in that situation just because you took a perk, you should have to work for it. Especially since even with that 1k, it is still a loss for the killer. That was my point brining up the 1v4.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,080
    Options

I'm saying that DS/OTR being disabled in end game creates unwinnable situations for survivor and grants the killer free kills in many situations.

that is on you. The point is that it shouldn't be a free escape in that situation just because you took a perk, you should have to work for it.

What if you can't work for it. what if going for the save just leads to the same end result. there is no point in the survivor attempting to save if there no-end game reward. As you said, your might get 1k and its still loss for killer, but it adds to overall kill-rate which dev use to ** balance killer powers **.

adding unwinnable situations for survivor just inflates killer kill-rates even if the matches for the killer don't feel very fun to play because you had like 3 chases in total(3 hooks) and than randomly camped in end game to get 1-2 kills. the dev will see that as good balance. nothing need changes even if the gameplay for you as killer was not fun in that particular match.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

People that have clearly thousands of hours in the game that are unable to be real and claim it is free are just being untruthful. It did shift to a scenario in which both sides have chance which favors killers, as they previously had zero counter play. Like the weakest member would have an immunity shield, with which they could protect themselves and their team.

The claim that this is entitled by killers, just shows bias towards their own entitlement as survivors believing that if they are in the end game and get unhooked that they should escape without the killers ability to do anything against it. Having counter play means you can do something, not that it is 100% successful. Otherwise it means you are uncounterable and that isn't balanced.

Is this a buff to killers, yes. Is it more fair, also yes. If you are never able to save 1 person with 3 in end game... That is an execution issue.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    edited July 2022
    Options

Again, that is my point though. Its a 1v4, so a DRAW is a 2 kill/2 escape. That means if it is endgame and you can't make that save, the survivor team still "won" the match because 3 of them got out.