The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Gave a Survivor the Hatch Today

Dunkinspunkin
Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

Long game with a few sweaty survivors using flashlights and firecrackers. The Claud was bugging me nonstop so I decided to let the meg hook trade with her, kill the claud, and let the meg escape through hatch. She tbagged until I got to her.

This won't be happening again. For all the people who want to cry about killers and their toxicity, most of that is simply the way the game is designed to play out (its so toxic when you get killed, isn't it?) But I decided to show some kindness and I got tbagged for it. So let's put an end to that.

From now on, I'll go back to my old way, which is slugging the last 2 survivors and either hooking them or letting them bleed out if they might have a problematic perk.

Brought this on yourselves. This is my patch now. You play by my rules.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Dunkinspunkin

You want to throw our kindness back into our faces. We aren't required to give hatch. And anyone who whines about it is gonna know exactly why.

• Dunkinspunkin

ok

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

Why even kill them when you can torture them for 20-30 minutes and then let them escape? It's so much fun. Playing killer is obscenely easy right now. It's like they added easy mode. Make them do five generators and open the gates. Half of them will quit bc they refuse to do generators. Even if you're letting them. I rarely play killer but this is too much fun to pass up.

• EntityNea
    EntityNea Member Posts: 186
    edited July 2022

listen, don't take crouching so personal.

Survivors literally spam their crouch button as a way to communicate.

• • See another survivor at the start of the match? Crouch repeatedly to say hi!
    • • Another survivor gets on your generator? get off the generator and repeatedly crouch!

If a survivor repeatedly crouches before jumping into the hatch, it's more likely to be their way of saying "bye!".

Survivors don't have many animations to choose from. There's "come here!" and a pointing animation, both of which makes you stop in place. Crouching is the only fluid animation you can perform without interrupting everything else.

I have said this before and I'll say it again - Tea bagging is the act of crouching repeatedly *on top* of another player who's body is currently on the floor, dead or alive. You kids these days aren't even getting the term right (you call it tbagging), hinting at the origin of the word having been lost, and you choose to be offended by something that isn't even happening.

Sure, survivors definitely can use crouching as a way to taunt too. But please read the situation. If they just dropped a pallet, and starts to repeatedly crouch next to it while you break it, then yeah they're most likely taunting you. But it's done for so many more reasons than taunting.

• Dunkinspunkin

I get to play however I want. Homegirl wanted to tbag at the hatch when she knew I held her fate in my hands. So I just won't take that chance again. It was more fun slugging and securing kills anyway. After getting millions of bloodpoints and tons of prestige characters in the past few weeks, I thought I'd ease up on the points and "no mercy" playstyle and try to let survivors have some fun and enjoy some mercy. And I was shown the futility of that kind gesture.

So now I'll make them pay. I'll let them bleed while they crawl around. I'm play my plague slowdown build and my skill check doctor and my basement hag and I'll make sure everyone has a horrible time.

And there's nothing you can do to stop me.

• v4lor
    v4lor Member Posts: 74

I bet you're the same type of killer who tries to flip survivors at the gates when they stay to give some extra Brutality hits on the way out, hook them and then gloat about it.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I mean, I just teabag the hatch whenever I get it because that is survivor etiquette. They always do it and I would hate to feel left out. This is a tradition as far as I am concerned, like waiting at the exit gates when I could just leave.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

...cool, you get corrupted and you take your anger out on 4 survivors who didn't do anything to you... that's what we need

• Babalonkie
    Babalonkie Member Posts: 153
    edited July 2022

Hey it's good old times when you do the crouching dance in sync at a generator... personally i am a fan of the bee hive manoeuvre... whilst fixing generators, one has a quick break to do some rapid squatting and then gets back to repairing... everyone else on the gen then takes a break and does the same amount of rapid squats... cycle repeats.

It's like bees communicating in a hive.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327
    edited July 2022

I mean it would help to not take game mechanics so seriously. When I give survivors hatch they always do a one-time crouch move, which I see as a courtesy bow 😂 because that's how I mean it myself. Same with when someone heals me, I always give them a thank you crouch, because what other form of communication do you have?

Post edited by Phantom_ on
  • Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057

You know, if you want to talk to yourself, I'm not sure the forums are the right place for you. May I suggest a diary?

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Take your vengeance where you can but it is better for your mental health to not take it so seriously.

It is a hide-and-seek game, not a murder simulator.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

You know you gave her the hatch, who cares she abused the crouch key.

For all you know she might of been saying thank you as what else are you going to do to gesture... Point? Pointing is taaaaahxic... so it beckoning... hell, literally anything somebody does is toxic if you choose to put that meaning on this games limited options;

Hell, I had a guy beat me to the hatch butt-dance it so furiously I busted out in laughter. I said to myself "Yah, I'd be doing that too man, you deserve that little celebration". Gave him a GG and moved on with my night.

You can't let abuse of a crouch key get in your head man. But hey, if you want to play ruthlessly, I'm behind you man. You do you - just be aware of how ridiculous your being getting offended at butt-dancing.

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

Yay, one survivors' bm constitutes stomping others. This is the same mentality as saying all killers camp/tunnel when they don't. The endless cycle continues.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,461

"oh no the meg pressed CTRL a few times! Im never going to be nice again!"

also cool story bro

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118

When anyone is saying only survivors are melodramatic I will just link them to this thread. It's amazing, peak comedy here, I salute you. I'll never understand how killers feel SO offended by something that actually looks so hilarious. When I see someone tbagging I always think they have to poo or pee really urgently (that's why I call tbagging pbagging). Oh well, enjoy your Disney villain role

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230

I only see Spirit contemplating power bombing Yui through that pallet 😂

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057
    edited July 2022

To make things as clear as I possibly can, the issue isn't that you've decided to play hardball. Join the goddamn club, man, you're now among the exalted ranks of Most People Who've Ever Played Killer. It's that you want to shout about it from the rooftops and how valid you are because a survivor butt danced you once, you accuse everyone who comes in to go 'ok bro' of being a toxic survivor forumposter whatever, and you can't seem to understand why nobody is impressed by your manifesto.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580

Yeah, it's so painful when you are trying to get survivor's validation and bad bad survivor doesn't give a crap about you.

It's not a good sign if the only reason why you decide to give someone the hatch is their approving for your actions. Do you want them to read your mind? Do you want them to start crouch near your legs immediately begging for mercy and then cry in endgame chat in thankfulness when you let them leave? Not everyone want your mercy, that's happening. Not everyone wants communicate with you after a hard and exausting game. Some of them will just crouching repeatedly in "I don't want to fight anymore, kill me already and let me go in the next game" way.

Either be mercy (then any crouching of frustrated and destroyed survs doesn't matter for your solid mature decision to spare them) or don't call it mercy. If you want a validation and a big "thank you" then... well, not this time, I guess?

You know what you can also do? Kill all of them in your normal cruel way and then type in endgame chat smth like "sorry, I really wanted to give you hatch but the last game was so miserable I kinda had to kill you :ccc". Profit. Survs know how mercyfull you are in depth of your soul and they can blame some other survs for your cruelness. Then you can feel valid and laugh in villain. But you can use that strat if you have a very VERY white coat only. Please be careful, such whiteness is eye damaging.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2022

True and the OP should recognize that the teabagging Meg is only representative of that one teabagging Meg but I do understand why the OP is annoyed.

A few months ago I had a David with No Mither so I dropped them a few times (4 or 5) and only hooked them twice since I assume anyone running No Mither is probably doing an achievement or Rift challenge. The David teabagged me at the Hatch and said gg ez in chat.

I just responded that we were on the Game and he left on death hook through Hatch with three gens up so there was really nothing to be proud of.

I was annoyed and I think that's understandable. For good survivors it should be apparent many times when the Killer is easing up. I don't blame the OP for being annoyed with the Meg.

The fallacy I think the OP is making is generalizing the Meg to all survivors. That and the last paragraph in the original post is pretty cringeworthy.

• Dunkinspunkin

There's no fallacy here. You think I don't know the difference between this Meg and every other survivor?

My guy, I'm just saying my generosity was trampled on and I won't be putting myself in that situation anymore. Simple as that.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,019

Cleaning up and closing this thread as it has gotten well out of hand. Please remember to keep comments civil and respectful; even if you don't agree with someone or feel strongly about something, it is no reason to attack others or their opinions in response.

And remember that things such as flashlight clicking, teabagging, and the use of perks and items, while potentially irksome, are not against the rules or reportable, as noted in the Game Rules: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

This discussion has been closed.