The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Barbeque & Chilli: Problem? Or Not?

Now I just wanna say i am like, just a tad bit mad at the bloodpoint change, but in all fairness they did cut down the grind in this game so maybe it was warranted.

BBQ is and has always been a decent perk, in my opinion atleast.

Opinions on BBQ?

GoobyNugget.

Comments

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I still like it, especially because it incentivizes to move away from a hooked person. Though I really do miss the extra BP that came with it.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057

It's good on a couple of killers like Artist or Dredge, and it pairs well with perks like Devour or MYC that encourage you to go away from the hook. In most cases, there are better info perks out there and I'm phasing it out of my builds.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

BBQ's effect is decent.

I'd argue that it's in the perfect spot right now but the Chilli is lacking.

a Haste effect of 5% would fit well into the whole "move away from hook"

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

It's good on an all info build or combo'd with other info perks. It's extremely hard countered by distortion though, so if you have a build let's say BBQ + lethal as your only aura reveals it's totally possible that you never reveal a survivor who has the distortion perk equipped if they regen tokens in your TR with you unaware

I think on its own it's very weak compared to other info perks you could equip.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

The only problem it has is not giving me extra BP.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,410

It was definitely not warranted.

If there is one thing that should have been clear on the devs mind since 2017 is that you DON'T, under ANY circumstance, touch BBQ.

This was an awful idea.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136
    edited July 2022

I took it off my builds. Without the BP bonus, I don't really have an incentive to hook, so even if I were interested in the aura reading I'd never get use out of it.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Used to use it all the time now I just use other info perks or no info pekrs.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I don't really see the appeal to the Perk anymore since they removed the bonus BP.

Sure some Killers can get some usage from it (Hillbilly, Nurse, Blight, Huntress, Dredge - anyone with a great map pressure ability), but it is nowhere near as universally useful as it used to be.

It got its nieche and I guess that's fine.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

No idea why they took the BP bonus away. I've been seeing it a lot less

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

They didn’t cut the grind for players like me who don’t want to level up every single character, just get the perks I want on the few killers and suvrvivors I like to play and farm useful items/add-ons. BHVR screwed players like me by taking away the BP bonus, so I’m pretty upset about the change and haven’t been motivated to play since the change was made

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

They took it away because the grind is what keeps people playing the game. They threw a bone out to the community with the prestige changes in hopes that players would stop complaining, only to increase the grind by 2x for anyone who regularly used BBQ like I did. The devs then claimed that the loss of bonus BP would be offset by role incentives, and now they’re backpedaling on that as well with comments about how it’s broken and players shouldn’t expect 2x BP.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

It no longer works on smaller maps. Midwich for example. They shouldn't have increased the range beyond 32 meters. Right now it's useless compared.to other information perks.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

Werd.

I freaking hate the new forced Prestige grind. I prestiged a few mains like Bill and Cheryl, but then all I wanted out of the blood web was decent items. Now it takes for EVER to get them and I have to wade through brown trash wasting hundreds of thousands of BPs only to have it reset when i finally get a few decent things and start all over again!

YAY.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022

BBQ is a meta perk that I would say is overall healthy, in that it does not directly grant you a large benefit immediately as a perk like Floods of Rage. It encourages you to not camp, you can sometimes hide behind a gen, in a locker, or just use Distortion/move away from where you are, assuming you're willing to stay off a gen for 10 seconds. Or ex-meta perk at this point. Sometimes it's good to ask yourself if it's good a perk is or isn't meta, because would you prefer a killer fill a perk slot up with BBQ over something else?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited July 2022

Its worse then every other information perk. Thrilling tremors,dead mans, discordance. Its really hard to argue bbq is a god perk in comparison.

Also bbq massively encouraged spreading your hooks out with the double bp gain. Its a shame we have one less perk that actually encourages keeping more survivors in the game. Overall bbq is imo inferior to every other info perk.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

You also lost the "More green and purple items" aspect of prestige'ing in the old system, so not only do you have to go through all the starter webs, which innately have fewer good addons/items, but you also lost the passive boost to better items.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

So is BBQ worse the Hangman's Trick?

Cause I don't think so

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

BBQ is a pretty good slowdown/pressure perk in todays meta.

Survivors don't have a whole lot of leeway to be goofing off anymore, so a perk like BBQ which minimizes your downtime and keeps the pressure going can really help grind the game to a halt.

BBQ has always had synergy with Lethal Pursuer, but that relationship has only gotten stronger now.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

The only problem I can see is that using BBQ was giving an indication of where to go after a hook.

It was pretty useful for less experienced killers.

Without the BP incentive, there is less reason to use it and maybe some players will hesitate leaving the hook.

I'm not sure it's a thing though.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

Needs a buff or weak secondary effect or both.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Hangmans what? Though in all seriousness bar the truly awful perks bbq is pretty bad.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

Im still using with high speed killers but that's it. Needs buffs.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,132

It's still a decent information perk, that also is counterable. BBQ & Chilli will be finding its place on people's selections for a while yet.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 894

There's no reason to run it anymore.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

But you said that BBQ is one of worst information Perks... So I offered another one for comparison...

Plus with all of the choices of information perks BBQ still stands as a good perk... IMO

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

It's still useful info, right when the killer needs it most, but it's very hit in miss in how survivors have so many ways to evade it.

Without the BP, it's sonetimes hard to justify using it over other perks with more tangible effects, especially on M1 killers.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Depends on the killer I'm playing. When I was on doc, I used it purely for the bloodpoints as Doc doesn't need it. But on any killer with no information gathering ability, I still consider it a valid perk today.

• Jokersmile
    Jokersmile Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2022

Took it off of every killer except for huntress lol its still ok for aura and giving you some clue where they are working but there are better options

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I don't remember who suggested it, but someone said they could bring the token system back by gaining a token each time you hook a different survivor in the match for the first time up to 4 tokens, in which each token reduces the range at which the survivor has to be from the hook for their aura to be shown by 2.5 meters. This means at 4 stacks, a survivor only has to be 30 meters from the hook's position for their aura to be shown. I like this idea and bringing back the token system is pretty nice. Although I'm sure we'd all prefer the BP mechanic that was a part of BBQ and WGLF to be a basekit mechanic.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

They removed the only incentive to leave the hook.

Take a wild guess what increased.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

I mean yes you now have to grind to prestige 1 instead of stopping at level 40 but once you do that to unlock the perks nothing else is different you can still find them.in bloodweb and level them to level 2 and 3 just like always

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

I like to pair it with Lethal Pursuer on Pinhead. You get to figure out where the box is at the start of the match, and BBQ will help you narrow down where it is again based on current surv locations.

Sometimes BBQ will help you see a survivor beelining somewhere with no objectives, so you can pretty much assume they are going for the box.