While its only been less then a week since patch release what do you think the kill% is?

Rise432
Rise432 Member Posts: 162

Like I don't doubt the fact the kill% is increasing more and more as each day passes, but I wonder if it's rapidly increasing or passively slowly increasing?

I feel it can easily have gone up at least 10%+ and from maybe a month from now it might end up being something like 30%-40%+

Ever since the patch dropped I have always ended up with a 2K or more (Majority of my matches I gotten 4Ks or 3k with last guy escaping by hatch)

Comments

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

It makes a lot more sense for the kill rates to drop the longer it goes on. Its been a week and survivors have no idea what to run to be meta and peoples MMRs are all over the place. I've felt that myself as I started out with 4ks every game right after the patch even though I was playing a killer I had just bought but now most are ending with a 2k and my oponents are much better players so I assume my MMRs gone up. As survivors adapt and MMR adjusts itself the kill rate should return to a more balanced state although it will likely be higher I dont think it will have gone up by more than 10-15% once everyone has adjusted to this new patch.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,471

Probably a bit higher

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

They have said that they can differentiate between DC's and Kills.

Suicides they cannot, obviously.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Since we don´t know what the kill rates were before the patch... its hard to tell. But they are definetly artificially inflated due to all the survivors that dc/suicide or completely refuse to play the game.

Last match, a Demo slugged a teammate and went on to chase someone else. When i arrived after a good amount of time, he hadn´t even started to recover. DC on the next unhook. Its painful to watch, how some people actively sabotage their own matches.

• The_first_ghost
    The_first_ghost Member Posts: 31

We just need to wait until everybody is in the right mmr

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Be more interesting if they showed survival rates on Solo Vs swf.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

95%. And kill rate is not inflated because dc. People who dc are losing and they don’t take dc in statistics, so killer rate is higher.

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

70% at least

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Think the killrate is much higher now specifically because survivors still need time to adapt and realize playing survivors is not as easy like it used to and need to get better if they wanna win.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

even with all the chaos we have, 60% or so.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

No way pinhead was highest at 60% in january, I would like to see his stats now especially vs solos, it must be 75%

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

In another thread someone posted stats from an unofficial aggregate site showing kill rates from April to May verus June to July with three days of post patch being in the June/July chart. (Unfortunately they didn’t include a link to the site itself and I couldn’t find it on Google so I don’t know the name or address.) When you crunch the numbers it came out to something like a roughly 16% increase from 48% to 64%.

Now some of that is definitely growing pains of survivors getting used to playing without Dead Hard for distance and getting used to the new killer recovery times and such. My guess is over time that number will go down as survivors settle in to new loadouts and tactics, so it’ll probably end up being more like a 10% kill rate increase to 58% on that site.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

It depends. In my region, it feels like the matchmaking has skewed as people flood in to play killer -- currently, I have to wait about 600 years for a killer game, where I usually get stomped by survivors who are way higher MMR than me -- so my average kills have actually gone down.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209

So never?

Mmr only measures escape rate. No matter how good you are individually, it's a team effort to get out. You can run the killer for six minutes, but your team doesn't do enough gens you aren't escaping. Cause according to our devs, if you don't escape, was it really a skilled play?

Alternately your team can pound out those gens as you run the killer for 5 gens, then you get facecamped to death. According to the devs, you just weren't good enough. Should have been better at hockey.

• fulltonon
    edited July 2022

"No way" when they specifically stated average kill rates has been low even for their standards.

Things will change, especially with span of half a year.

Also I thought it's about average across the board and not about individual killers with highest kill rate?

If you can run the killer for six minutes, you have way above escape rate than anyone else and will get escape a lot more than those who can't run.

You really should try to see big picture than each individual matches in this case.

• rvzrvzrvz

Ok ? If he was at 60% killrate in january he's not at 60% now after multiple buffs that's all I'm saying, I don't really care about what they stated everybody knows solo Q was already weakest role and they still nerfed it, there are good things in the update but also bad things not everything they do or say is necessarily true

• fulltonon
    edited July 2022

In january, that's the point.

He can very well be 50%, or 55% in may, and if you ignore their "partial statistics" you have no reason to care about statistics released in janurary either.

And again, I'm not talking about individual kill rates, so your argument is just missing my point.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

Not regarding DCs, people killing themselves on hooks and sandbagging, I would say that when the patch released the kill rates were pretty high.

Now that survivors are adapting, I would say that at a high level the kill rates would be around 60%. Maybe I am wrong and it is lower, but I wouldn't bet higher than this.

• rvzrvzrvz

Maybe you're right I doubt that he lost 10% but it's possible, you said "even with all the chaos we have, 60% or so" you're just guessing ? if we take lowest like nurse/trickster at 50% and highest like pinhead at 60% average was close to 55% it's not that low

we'll see in few weeks when they look their stats and buff/nerf accordingly

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162
  • hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

Yea, but if one survivor DCs, it means the killer is likely going to get more kills since there are less survivors around to do gens and go for saves. So it still inflates kill rates unless any match with a DC is discarded,

Suicides are rampant. I think survivors are doing more damage to their own teams by giving up than the update is doing.