Why are survivors still using self-care?

Options
acharliet
acharliet Member Posts: 155
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

My question is why some survivors still using self-care, they even dont run botany knowledge with it. Just self care.

Post edited by acharliet on

Comments

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335
    Options

This isn't really speaking to your point, but...couldn't they up the healing speed to 40% at least?

• AMOGUS
    AMOGUS Member Posts: 482
    edited July 2022
    Options

TBH, Self-Care pre nerf wasn't actually that bad if you could hit your Greats. The healing could be drastically shortened just by hitting them.

I've heard that Self-Care was actually used at high MMR, and I've tried this for myself. The heal felt noticeably faster if I hit all of my Greats, and I don't think I spent as much time on it if I just hit good skill checks.

But back on subject, I assume they either think it's still good if they hit Greats... or they're just new.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

How about reading the perk description? I mean, come on, an update dropped, the least you can do is see if all your perks are still fine

• Dunkinspunkin
    Dunkinspunkin Member Posts: 191
    Options

First of all, you should have given your title more information. The title of your post should have read "Why are survivors still using self-care?" not just "self care". Be descriptive in your post if you want meaningful discourse. Secondly, you haven't given any information to us. You just assume everyone agrees with your point of view. You seem surprised that people still use self-care. Why? What is your position? You clearly must think using self-care is a bad thing, but since you won't tell us why, you're relying on the reader to do ALL the heavy lifting here. You basically came to the forums, took a squat in the middle, and crapped out a nice glistening mudpie which you titled "self-care" and expected us to run amok discussing the finer points of the perk.

Use your words like a big boy and start a real conversation or piss off.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

For emergencies. I went to someone for healing, they did not heal me until I started self caring. THAT changed their mind real quick. Lol.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

Solo queue players have 4 slots that have to do as much as SWF. Self-Care is the most perk-slot efficient perk, even though it sucks. Also, solo-queue players have given up hope of winning games anymore after this patch, so why does it matter what they play.

(I'm not a solo-queue player, I'm just answering your question).

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Because it's the only perk in the game where you can rely on yourself for healing. Yeah there's perks like Inner Strength, Second Wind, or others but those are very limited while Self Care isn't. Most survivors don't care if it takes longer.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445
    Options

They should run boon instead or take a medkit. The speed of the heal is not worth it.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,215
    Options

Medkits have always been super strong and it's not like you can't afford to run a brown medkit even getting 1 heal by yourself instead of wasting time finding a teammate and spending the time of two people is worth the slot.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,137
    edited July 2022
    Options

People always ragged on self care saying it was a waste of time, and it was if used incorrectly. But if used correctly it was able to save time. It takes 16 seconds to heal a survivor and self care made it take 32 seconds to heal yourself. But this only takes 1 person, it was equally efficient. 2 survivors taking 16 seconds, is the same efficiency as 1 survivor taking 32 seconds. The problem is that it was too easy to just self care in a corner every time you got hit and waste your teams time when there was a teammate nearby that could give you a heal.

This gave you a good heal without needing to bring a medkit, so you could bring another item like a toolbox or something. Additionally medkits are limited while self-care is not.

Personally, i think they should have just left it as is, but make it so healing speed increases (and also decreases) don't affect it, so you would always heal at 32 seconds even with mangled or we'll make it. To give it some effectiveness over status effects while.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

To make life harder for their teammates.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 372
    Options

It can be hard to find someone to heal you in solo queue and new people are scared to be injured because they don't really understand what's going on around them. So they find a corner to heal. The "finding a corner to heal" was the problem. You took a lot of time to move yourself to a dead zone where, if found, you would be hit immediately. If something else happened where you needed to help your team, even if injured, you were off in Narnia.

The people who previously ran self-care for the above reason should probably be switching to use something like Bond so they can find a teammate to heal them, but they probably didn't read patch notes or just don't really think it's that big of a deal. Self-care is also better in cases when you're trying to outlive your teammate to get hatch. While your teammate is dying, you self-care. When they die, you now have two health states to search for the hatch and can stealth more easily.

Self-care in the hands of a better player, one who understands loops and pays attention to their surroundings, was really powerful. There are times in chase where you're trying to determine what the killer is going to do to figure out if they are still going to chase you or change to someone else. It can often be a waste of time to wait in a safe area during these small periods of time. Self-care gave you something to do during that time. It also let you heal without grouping up or messing up your positioning. I never used it, but it was definitely powerful in the hands of the right person.

Now the heal takes something like 45 seconds without sloppy so it can be better in certain situations, but now finding a teammate to heal you can be roughly as efficient.

I personally never run it and don't really feel like it's worth running.