should ghost face be nerfed

Options
Turtl
Turtl Member Posts: 4

I already know there are going to be comments saying ghost face is a weak killer or the most boring but if that was true you wouldnt be running into one every other survivor match. My main problem deals with his ability and the fact that hes a faster killer with an ability to one shot anyone with little to no cooldown seems a little broken to me. Any I dont know so I wanted to make a poll to see how others felt about it.

should ghost face be nerfed 91 votes

ghost face needs a nerf
5%
Hawk81584DBK1Taxman232NihilVicRatlhead 5 votes
ghost face is balanced
94%
GibberishVolantConch1719MiriamGFennF60_31Wolff_BringerSacrilegeGGfacundojCashelP14ad19970Chordycepsmusstang62MrPenguinTaigaSaitamfedNexurentMattie_MayhemOGmewmewtenoresaxHermit 86 votes

Comments

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

he shouldn't be able to expose you mid chase honestly, he's not op but his power is broken/awkward

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Ghostface isnt great, spinechill counters him, looking at him counters him. Looping counters him.

• Turtl
    Turtl Member Posts: 4
    Options

bro ghostface is not awful if he was then I wouldnt go against him as the killer every other survivor game

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,015
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Ghostface is normal speed (115%).

All he really has is the ability to instant down as he has nothing else to help him end chases faster and he has no mobility. Being a stealth killer is a nice bonus if you get a map that really complements that.

Your complaint just seems to be that you don't like his power, which is fine. I have killers who I don't like facing because of their power. But not liking a killer's power does not mean they are too strong and need a nerf.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

He is. You facing him frequently does not magically make a bad killer good. Once you get to decent MMR levels I guarantee you will stop seeing him except like maybe once every 100 matches.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,575
    Options

Ghostface isn't even that good

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 579
    Options

By the logic you're using to apply to Ghostface then Myers, Hillbilly, Leatherface and Oni are also all in need of dire nerfs. They aren't. Applying that logic again and all exposed perks and add-ons also need nerfs.

If you don't like Ghostface, then you'd hate all these other killers as well to which they aren't even the strongest either

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,366
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

GF is one of the worst killers in the game.

Popular =/= strong.

Nurse is the strongest killer in the game, she's far from the most popular until you get to very high skill levels.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Ghostface is fine.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Needs an option for ghost face to be buffed. One of the most bulliable killers in the game.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

You have to go through many hoops to get one-shots as him. That's why he's a skill-based killer.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

In general, no he doesn't need a nerf, his reveal mechanic just needs to be fixed. Maybe it's just me being stupid, but i doesn't really work have time.

For the part about his speed. I know what you're talking about, but it only seems that way, because of his running animation. I at first also though the might have increased his speed in his little rework/buff, but this really only looks like he's fast.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Ghostface needs buffs, he's an M1 Killer with an easily countered stealth Power

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

I literally have seen Ghostface, as a survivor, only one time since the latest update went live. Even Trapper was in my matches more often. So I don't know what's up with "I see him every other match", I guess you're just lucky since, of all killers, it's Ghosty you're versing so often. He's not as strong as Nurse, not as annoying as Trapper and Hag, not able to counter healthstates like Plague, so what's your problem? That he can finish stalking while upclose? If that's such a big of a problem - be aware of your own surroundings and don't give him easy stalk. If anything, his stalk ability is much more easily avoidable than Myers's, and is more fair too (Ghosty has to stalk the same survivor, Michael doesn't).

Regardless, the only thing that feels unbalanced with him is his reveal mechanic. Half of the time it feels impossible to reveal him while staring straight at him fully, another half of the time he gets instantly revealed half-motion while already hiding behind the wall. But that's a technical issue, not balance or strength issue.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

I wouldn't say hes "Awful" but he could use some changes again (buffs)

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    edited July 2022
    Options

Wth no. He actually needs some beefy buffs. Not being able to be revealed by people on hook and on the ground would be a good place to start.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,265
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

If you were to play a match as killer as him, you would understand just how awful his kit is.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 638
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

I usually don’t comment much and I know I may be repeating stuff but I just wanted to share my thoughts as well. I also feel that Ghostface doesn’t need a nerf, I should l know that since I played him a lot since he’s one of my main killers. But anyway my point is and many others that he’s pretty easy to reveal, loop, and also you can use perks like Spine Chill to also help you like the others said. I also have to say like others suggested that they fix the reveal mechanic since again it can get pretty annoying by getting revealed from behind a wall or whatnot. So I other words he just needs more buffs in his stealth power.

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 286
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

First time I see someone complaining about Ghostface. No matter how much you find him as survivors, he is weak. Most times he will be a M1 killer. Your arguments are incorrect as well, as his speed is average, night shroud has a cooldown and he has to build up the ability to instadown. He is basically a weaker version of Myers that has a more individualistic approach and that can teabag you. Man, if anything, Ghostface should be buffed instead of nerfed if he has to change. And if he is using his power just reveal him and that's all.

• Wewantjason
    Wewantjason Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

He literally has only two parts to his kit, stealth and mark for instadown, and both parts are countered by *checks note*..... looking at him.

Myers is weak. And myers is just a better ghost face.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Wish you put a buff option there tbh.

The TL;DR is he takes too long to expose people vs good players. Even if he exposes you he's still just an ordinary killer with nothing to help in chase. This plus a lack of map pressure makes him extremely weak.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

He needs more buffs

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Ghostface is fine

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Time for a selfie

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Ghostface is absolutely awful. Funny how this is not even an option.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

GF needs a buff if anything.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

Dunno about ghostface, but Pig definetely should be nerfed. In any emergency nerf the Pig.

• BoostedKateMain
    BoostedKateMain Member Posts: 51
    Options

Ghostface should be reworked into something that is actually interesting and unique and not just a variation of Myers.

• Nexurent
    Nexurent Member Posts: 11
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

Definitely not. He has quite a few counters already and he isn't that strong. In fact, I believe a slight buff could benefit him. Nothing too major though.

• Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options
    ghost face is balanced

He needs a minor buff