Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

We're Gonna Live Forever and For the People don't work together

Pyrosorc
Pyrosorc Member Posts: 202

Just picked up another survivor from the dying state using For the People and they were downed again instantly - like within half a second. This is definitely not how the perk texts describe the interaction: For the People says it heals someone from the dying state to injured, and WGLF says it activates when you heal someone from the dying state.

10 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Pyrosorc

Tried a second time, confirmed that this is repeatable.

• Pyrosorc
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,998

How many tokens did you have on WGLF?

And I will have to double check, because For the People has never worked as a healing action before, so I am not quite sure if these two perks are even designed to work together.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,752

It bugs and doesn’t trigger WGLF if you use FTP as soon as you start healing. If you wait a moment and then do it, it works properly.

• Pyrosorc
    edited July 2022

I'm honestly not sure, I'll test further. I realise that FTP hasn't counted as a healing action before with tome challenges but it didn't seem intentional that it wouldn't work with the perks given the wording - I'd love to hear either way! Edit: Wait, does WGLF even still have tokens? I was under the impression that it was just active or not-active now.

Interesting - in both cases where it didn't work for me I did pick up straight away during killer wipe animation, so this could very well be what I experienced.

• OpalescentHare
    OpalescentHare Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2022

FtP sort of works with WGLF. At least when the WGLF endurance change first happened, I could only get FtP+WGLF to work after healing the downed survivor for a tenth of their bar before activating FtP. So you have to "pre-heal" a tiny bit. Maybe a bug, or maybe BHVR thought it would be OP to allow insta-heals with endurance (even though FtP and Soulguard exists to contradict that logic).

FtP explicitly states that it will "instantly heal [a survivor] one health state" upon activation. And WGLF gives endurance to "any survivor healed from the dying state" (assuming a prior condition for activation is met). So they by definition should work together. But for some reason they still use the term "heal" for FtP and the Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe (AHS) even though they have either unspoken or hard to find record of differences from other healing instances.

I'm guessing it gets wonky because they (FtP and AHS) apply regardless of current health bar progression/charges recovered. So regardless of whether a survivor hasn't recovered at all or is at 99% recovery, the effects apply the same: FtP instantly heals them, or the AHS takes 16 seconds. Apparently, neither FtP or the AHS apply to tome challenges; Nor the perk Renewal, which I've always assumed was because of what I mentioned before since it's the simplest reason I can think of. But considering that WGLF is about the change in health state from dying to injured (and not necessarily the charges), it seems like it should be a bug.

Guess we'll maybe learn one day?

EDIT: come to think of it, maybe Soul Guard only works with FtP because it applies for being healed from or recovering from the dying state. So it applies in situations where you aren't healed at all, but your health state still changes from dying to injured. But at the same time, two people with Blood Pact and FtP can get the haste effect from using FtP as a heal? So it just seems like a mess of using the term "healing" too broadly or without adequate (consistent) parameters. At least when FtP is involved, since sometimes it's a heal and sometimes it's a heal-but-not-really... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT 2: 6.2.0 patch notes state that they "fixed an issue that caused survivors not to receive progress towards the Medic achievement when healing a survivor using the For the People perk." Which seems to clearly count it as healing in yet another situation. And there was a previous bug fix where the Life Giver archive challenge was not gainin progress with FtP. So it does work for tomes as a healing action too, so long as it's for health states and not time healed.

Post edited by OpalescentHare on
  • FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

Still not working (with active secondary effect WGLF)