Dead Hard vs Doctor?

have I only just learned that DH doesn’t work when you’ve been hit by shock therapy?

I’ve been quite consistently hitting my DHs but that last match something wasn’t right.

Comments

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2022

From my understanding, DH now provides endurance which will do nothing vs killer powers that don't damage you. A nemesis tentacle whipping you the first time and not damaging you would still result in you getting infected even if timed perfectly with new dead hard, drs shocks are in the same camp

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,227

You could never activate Dead Hard while under the effect of Shock Therapy.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Doc's Shock Therapy will render you unable to perform actions (including activating DH) for 3.5secs and him unable to M1 for 1 sec if I am not mistaken. It been like that before and after the patch, the difference is that before the patch you could iframe Shock Therapy to prevent being blocked from performing actions.

Note that Static Blast will NOT prevent you from performing actions though.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Not to be that guy, but I'm 90% sure it's 2.5 seconds, don't mean to sound rude, that's just what I've seen discussed all the time

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,901

Are you trying to dh the shock itself or after you've already been shocked. Cause old DH vs doctor was stupid af as you can just "dodge" electricity while inside its cone.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

No resentments, we're up to a civil discussion. It's been a while since I played killer, and if the queues continue the way it is it will be a little longer.

And according to the wiki, you're right on the 2.5 sec:

Range: 10.7 metres. This distance is calculated from the centre of The Doctor's hitbox capsule.

Charge time: 1 second

Survivor-Interactions Cool-down duration: 2.5 secondsThis refers to how long after receiving a shock Survivors are prohibited from interacting with Props (indicated on the HUD).

Cool-down duration: 1.5 secondsThis refers to how long after the attack The Doctor is prohibited from initiating another attack or from interacting with Props.

Detonation delay: 1 secondThis refers to how long it takes the attack to shock Survivors after releasing it.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Yeah, I was just thinking like "3.5 seconds... I can do ALOT in that time with doc" lol

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Old DH you could use the i-frames to ignore a shock therapy blast/static blast (It's as stupid as it sounds)

New DH has no i-frames so this is impossible to do now