Unpopular opinion. maybe..

D2night
D2night Member Posts: 224

I’d rather break 10 ps5 controllers “X” buttons because of old struggle mode before I keep missing the dang skillchecks and losing enough time to kill myself by accident just before my teammate comes to save me. Please give us the OPTION to change it back to the old struggle mode. If you prefer new then stay with the new. But I’m tired of sometimes dying to it

Comments

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    edited August 2022

I agree, the skillcheck Is annoying

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I definitely found it weird how it was a forced option like how this'll most likely happen to wiggle skillchecks

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t play survivor that often but I like the new system better personally. I think it adds more tension than simply tapping buttons over and over really quickly. (And I’m saying that as someone who is a klutz who misses skill checks too often.)

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242

on pc i prefered having it set to mouse wheel down and just giving it a good scroll personally i dont like the skill checks, and for new players it must feel like "yay more skill checks" but i remember being stressed when i first got dbd about struggling yknow it gave me some adrenaline

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Why do the Skill Checks even accelerate and become more difficult anyway? It should be a periodic thing with easy checks for people. The devs have long said the Struggle phase was strict to avoid afk people and require player input to stay alive.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

Agree. I like the skill checks much better than the button mashing.

I killed myself more over failed button mashing that failed skill checks.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Whatever you prefer - an option is always better.

Just like the wiggle - atm it is completely fine. You can choose what you like. I like the old one way more.

I wish they would keep it that way.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,558

An option is always a good thing to have.

They should have done that with COUNTLESS changes: make them optional, not unavoidable.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Old wiggle is just objectively and factually ######### for controller

New system is just better in every conceivable way. Cant speak for keyboard and mouse players

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

Like fade out the noise over a couple of failed checks without inout.

Like: ok, thanks Mr Killer that you wanna gift me the hatch and haul me over there personally. I wouldn't mind if at all of just the sound wasn't so annoying.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

Sure more tension because I’m nervous I’m going to miss a skillcheck and my timer is going to be cut short because of it. But other than that, there’s no tension. I just hate how it gets pretty small towards the end. It’s a false sense of hope for another survivor because they think they have enough time to save but then the hooked person misses a skillcheck by accident because they get smaller and now you don’t have enough time to save. I’d be fine with it if they stayed the same big size throughout the whole thing but it’s like they purposefully want you to miss a skillcheck and I think that’s bs