If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

fnaf is 8 years old today

Options
humanbeing1704
humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734

so thoughts on the game that started a giant ass series?

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,220
    Options

I love fnaf, i don't like security breach though. I honestly feel like since scott got cancelled he doesn't care about the franchise anymore. Can't blame him.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,211
    Options

I don't like any of the games after 4 and even 3 is kind've meh since the only animatronic is SpringTrap

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,325
    Options

Man retired all on his own and he hadn't been fully tuned into FNAF for quite some time. What he wasn't was cancelled considering that would require him to experience a loss which he didn't. He's made and still making a boat load of money, his legacy as a game dev is set, and FNAF did what any game dev should want for their game. It outgrew them and can stand on its own without the constant input of Scott.

FNAF is something that had to grow on me, but it did make indie horror a bit stale for a couple years. Personally, I think that has more to do with the general fact that FNAF is an easier type of game style to make as opposed to the highly complex survival horror that is preferred.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

About as old as it's fanbase

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,079
    Options

Aug 8 is also the anniversary of the Dave Matthew's Band Chicago River Incident.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,619
    Options

I couldn’t get into FNAF but my little brother loves it. He played security breach on my PS5.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

I've had my inner FNAF return recently been replaying through Security Breach again and it's just a fun game to play. Gregory is great, The Animatronics have great personality and character development Roxanne and Freddy being the best imo. Vanessa/Vanny is ok not terrible but, I think could've been used more as well as WilliamAfton/Springtrap. Also the voice acting was amazing.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

I remember watching Markiplier play through the first FNAF when it first came out. The game is super fun and scary. Genius idea for a horror game that produced probably one of the biggest fandoms in this genre ever.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,220
    Options

"all on his own" is not true. He was pressured into stepping down because of the amount of hate and death threats he received.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,532
    Options

This is probably the worst place on the internet to celebrate Fanf.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

"catastrophic"

It single handedly revived the horror genre.

• Cybil
    edited August 2022
    Options

Where the hell were you back in 2014? Are you old enough to play this game?

Next you'll tell me that turn based rpgs and fighting games were always as abundant as they are now.

• Cybil
    Options

It's well understood that it was largely ignored around that time period.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I loved FNAF back when it first came out and played all of the games until FNAF World, then after a while I kind of just lost interest and stopped playing the games for a while. It still has a special place in my heart, though, as I have fond memories of the game and it got me through a lot back then.

I did play FNAF: Security Breach when it came out, though, and it was very disappointing to say the least. The newer games aren't even scary anymore, which is kind of sad. And the newer games could've been better if they would've stuck to the horror elements that made the original so great and memorable. It's kind of sad to see how this franchise turned out, tbh.