Best games in a long time?

I've been playing DBD for at least two years now and I've always mixed up my play between killer and survivor. I used to really enjoy the vaired mechanics of killer but I would end up playing a bunch of survivor because of the amount of toxic abuse I'd get from the survivors.

I always found this weird though, it was like the other survivors I'd play with or the survivors i played against wouldn't do main objectives, just bully or annoy the killer. Then they'd say things like ggez and the like after making life miserable for them. The killers would get upset and then I'd see post about/videos/streams where killers would say "tunneling/camping is the only option anymore"

I don't see that anymore.

The new update feels like it really got rid of a huge part of the toxic base. I see more "ggwps" and "ggs <3" after matches. Killer and survivors even have fun little post game chats on occasion too where they compliment each other!

I'm not saying this is every game, every now and then I still see a ggez or a killer who just camps/tunnels but it really feels in my last 100 matches that it's gone way way down.

I don't know, maybe I've just been lucky but the new patch seems to have weeded out a lot of the toxic bullying and gameplay. It has been so refreshing and fun to play

Comments

• Zamiwami
    Zamiwami Member Posts: 24

"I don't know, maybe I've just been lucky but the new patch seems to have weeded out a lot of the toxic bullying and gameplay. It has been so refreshing and fun to play"

I think you are right, people who got used and entitled during the last meta, are refusing to adapt to the patch and just quitting. You could even see a bunch of "quitting" posts on the forum. Ofc there will always be entitled jerks, but they exist in any game.

Having played the game on and off the last 4 years, I personally enjoy the community now more than ever :)

Be the change you want to see!

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Just for reference the playerbase count is mostly stable at the moment. There was a massive spike at the combination of the anniversary event and Dredge coming out as usual (biggest spike in a while, I think partly because Dredge is such a fun unusual looking killer) and then as expected the people that came in just for the anniversary event left again and the game is roughly back where it was. Steam Charts over the last 30 days is essentially flat (-0.14%).

So while I’m sure a handful of people actually did leave the game because they didn’t like something in the patch, it doesn’t look like it had much impact either way in terms of the overall total player counts. The only thing it did seem to noticeably alter is the ratio of killers to survivors. Killer queues appear to have gotten slightly longer since the rework, which makes sense since the rework was intentionally meant to increase kill rates which the devs perceived as being too low. Therefore anybody who was on the fence between which side they like better now has more incentive to play killer more often.

The matchmaking incentive is coming back with this Wesker chapter so that should help even out the queues again. It definitely had an impact while it was up briefly with tons of people waiting in really long survivor queues while the bonuses were accidentally stuck on survivor all the time. So with the bug fixed and the bonus pointing toward the side that actually needs more players it should be helpful.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

Overall, the games have been much more fun, both as killer and survivor in solo q for me since the patch. Sure, my survival rate is probably 40%, but my pip rates have vastly improved, because I've had to improve my chases and team work (helped by survivors who also are adapting) I'm normally one of the last 2 to die - rarely before then. As killer, I'm averaging 3k and with survivors adapting to the changes the matches are getting tighter, but equally enjoyable.

There also has been much better responses, although I've been lucky in the past with responses, but now people are instigating it more. So there are fewer of the knobs about. It feels healthier for me, although it's also true that others have had a harder time of it.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited August 2022

I can't say I had my best or most fun games since the patch, for there has been a spike in camping and tunneling in my mmr that makes the game not very enriching.

But the other games, the ones where everyone actually tries to play, have had a lot of nice postgame chats. If not compliments, then some constructive criticism and advices, which made it more motivating to get better.

Post edited by HugTheHag on
  • JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542

Not for me unfortunately. I don't camp, I really try not to tunnel especially if it's just one person in beginning of match, and I still get BM gameplay(I recently turned off all messages from anyone that isn't my friend because of all the hate) even when i try to play nice alot of the times they play like ######### . Haven't had a good compliment on gameplay since June .