Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is there not a PTB for console?

Title

Sorry if it is a stupid question but I don't know very much of this. I play on PS5 and I am so excited to play with the new killer.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

Public Test Builds require an update, or a lot of files, to be added to the current version to run properly. If they were to put things in the game earlier, there is a high chance stuff can get decrypted earlier than intended. Stuff still gets leaked regardless, but this prevents people from playing content that otherwise isnt out yet. This is as far as Im aware as to the reasoning behind it.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Iirc, devs don’t want to make a second title for consoles just for the ptb, along with this iirc they have to contact sony and microsoft a few weeks ahead of time about the updated and stuff

Personally I think they should just make another game mode called Experimental and see what they can do with that but that will have its own issues

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

So that we can get all the release bugs instead, they hate us. They revel in us watching all the superior PC players enjoying Wesker.

Either that or maybe not. I do not know.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Cause we aren't the guinea pigs obviously. They need to go thru Microsoft and Sony for every update.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495
    edited August 2022

I believe it's because on Console you need to get prior approval for an update weeks in advance, whereas on steam they allow instant updates without approval, furthermore Im also pretty sure that for consoles updates have to be tested to not be broken and when its a PTB that isn't always the case (although a lot of the game is broken anyways)

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Same reason console is not optimized. Too much work and console players buy cosmetics anyway, no reason to rush

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Like others have said, BHVR would have to go through Sony and Microsoft for approval. While I understand that being too much of a time investment in the beginning, DBD has been out for 6 years now, so I don't see why they couldn't have arranged an online only demo version of the PTB by now. Maybe it is indeed too much work, but it does suck feeling left out.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

In order to have a truly effective PTB without needing to pay almost double for every update then BHVR would need their own dedicated launcher, which is just a pain to get on consoles especially when they don't use it on PC.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2022

If PUBG and games like that can have their own PTB for their games, so can BHVR.

Post edited by Rizzo on