Boil Over needs a buff

Options
Salty_Pearl
Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Struggling effects really don't do anything since the killer can just press A or D if they are swaying to one side. It should really affect the struggling speed. I think 5%, 10%, 15% is fair.

Comments

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It should have been the perk idea they talked about on the recent live stream. The amount you recover while in dying state affects how much struggle progress you have when picked up. 

I can understand them not wanting to use that idea until a Decisive Strike nerf, tho.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:

@theagitatedapricot said:
    I can understand them not wanting to use that idea until a Decisive Strike nerf, tho.

Decisive Strike is getting a buff.

Proof?

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Proof?

they said it is..to many people crying about it

• Catbucket
    Catbucket Member Posts: 335
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:

They never said it was getting a buff, they have however stated that it is getting nerfed.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

It should have been the perk idea they talked about on the recent live stream. The amount you recover while in dying state affects how much struggle progress you have when picked up. 

Well if everyone ran a perk like that than you will see a lot more killers slug you for kills.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,944
    Options

A change to struggling speed would probably be OP, even as weak as 15%. But yes, Boil Over is a terrible perk as it is. Not just niche terrible but "What were they thinking?!?" terrible.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

@Science_Guy said:
    A change to struggling speed would probably be OP, even as weak as 15%. But yes, Boil Over is a terrible perk as it is. Not just niche terrible but "What were they thinking?!?" terrible.

I don't know if this is true or not but I heard 15% would only be 2 seconds less. I really don't that's too OP.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:

This is not true. They did some concept about it, and now they're actually working on another project (no promises, once again), that will make DS to only stun the killer, but not drop.
    Proof : https://imgur.com/a/Uhx6cVj
    As he says, it's a TEST, so it's gonna very likely be either in the PTB, or possibly opted out, like the previous TESTS for DS.

About Boil Over :
    The wiggling effect, as killer, is actually pretty annoying. Tho, the other power could definitely use a buff of a few meters to make it actually useful.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    Options

@Runiver said:

@RemoveSWF said:

This is not true. They did some concept about it, and now they're actually working on another project (no promises, once again), that will make DS to only stun the killer, but not drop.
    As he says, it's a TEST, so it's gonna very likely be either in the PTB, or possibly opted out, like the previous TESTS for DS.

About Boil Over :
    The wiggling effect, as killer, is actually pretty annoying. Tho, the other power could definitely use a buff of a few meters to make it actually useful.

Does that even make a difference if they just wiggle out?

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Markness said:

@Runiver said:

@RemoveSWF said:

About Boil Over :

Does that even make a difference if they just wiggle out?

Less stun time, more situational, not always a wiggle out, and possible teamplay with flashlights.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

I dealt with Boil Over in the PTB - and I can tell you without a doubt that it has a noticeable effect on how easily I can navigate to a hook. It DOES make a difference. I'd say if they buffed either your way or any further than the way it is, it would make Iron Grip meta again. I'm not sure anybody wants to see a return of the IG meta again...

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2018
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:
    I dealt with Boil Over in the PTB - and I can tell you without a doubt that it has a noticeable effect on how easily I can navigate to a hook. It DOES make a difference. I'd say if they buffed either your way or any further than the way it is, it would make Iron Grip meta again. I'm not sure anybody wants to see a return of the IG meta again...

Oh no... 2 seconds. Such meta.

Iron Grasp isn't as good as it once was. I doubt it'll be meta again even if Boil Over gets buffed.

Post edited by Mc_Harty on