Cheater disconnects players?

Hello dbd community and bhvr, i'm playing some solo survivor right now and i got into rpd, right away something was off as i had several buffs (up the ante, streetwise, Vigil, prove thyself etc etc) which i've only seen when there was an obvious cheater on my team flying around/instantly completing gens among other things.

So we load in and we'r 3 players near a gen which we get on and complete, i then move and open a chest nearby and the game gets stuck in a buzzing sound like it crashed, how unfortunate i thought my internet must have gone down, i tab over to a game named black desert online that i was afk fishing in and no my internet is fine & the tabed chrome windows works as they should.

I check my task manager and see that dead by daylight is not responding (the usual when a game crashes) but then i see all my 32GB of ram is maxxed out on Deady By Daylight, so i force close dbd and task manager shows normal results again.

If you try to spectate some cheaters while they're still in the match your game crashes, so it's known that their cheat programs have the capability, but now even more so?

Have you guys experienced anything simillar and bhvr can you even do anything about this? not only do they try to ruin matches, are they trying to damage peoples hardware? (question for you tech guru's)

Comments

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

Maybe you have a faulty piece of hardware? May just be a bug though. I remember DBD would occasionally freeze on me before the last patch. It would freeze in a way that made me think my cpu was about to blue screen.

• Goblets
    Goblets Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2022

Don't seem like it, it's a fairly new custom built pc with premium parts and has been working great for the time i've had it 1 year now.

Think i had around 1.5k hours before this one and now i have 3147 hours and have not seen this freeze crash before.

I've also never seen any game crash while maxxing out the ram memory, surely that is an indication of what i am suspecting a cheater can do?

EDIT: if it was not clear, this has only happend in 1 game over the course of 3147 hours.

• Kieryn_
    Kieryn_ Member Posts: 7

They've done it for a while now it's so you can't spectate and record them.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

I don't know if it was caused by a cheater, but i can say that dbd is really strict sometimes with internet connection.

I got several games where my connection got down for like 1-2sec and i got instantly kicked out of the game, something that shouldnt be that precise since you cant reconnect like other games like Lol or Csgo