Is Buckle Up the worst survivor perk?

Options
Yepitsme72
Yepitsme72 Member Posts: 19

Buckle Up is so bad I've never see a survivor run it, but is it the worst?

Is Buckle Up the worst survivor perk? 93 votes

Yes
44%
AdelooSpacingLlamasMat_SellabrokedownpalaceAztreonam78DimekAtoTimberFeryGENHPhoenixRoboMojomewmewGreyBigfootChurchofPigPaintedDeathDhurl421IlliterateGenocidedarkcloudlinkHex_LlamaAnchorTeaGuiltii 41 votes
No
55%
GibberishOnryosTapeRentalsKaanaWolff_BringerSblitcherHellDescentroundpittChordycepsmusstang62mrpiesellerMrsGhostfaceEnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGTatariuDonleovJay_WhyaskdugmanleviivelMarc_go_soloThatOneDemoPlayer 52 votes

Comments

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Yes

I’ve literally never seen a survivor use it before, definitely the worst perk in the game.

• AshyBashy
    AshyBashy Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes

As one of the only Ash mains, yes. I never use it

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,118
    Options
    No

Buckle Up is bad, but it's not Dark Theory bad.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 271
    Options
    No

It feels like people forget about this not happening…

(Buckle is somewhat good for solo queue, but talking SWF, MAYBE it’s the worst)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    No

Buckle Up looks pretty bad and has very low usage in the stats, but I think the worst survivor perk is maybe No Mither simply because running it almost always significantly hurts you and your team rather than helps it. Buckle Up for instance doesn’t do much, but it’s still technically better than having an empty perk slot. No Mither though is normally worse than no perk at all!

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Yes

I've never once seen anyone use it, other than for adept Ash.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Yes

I voted yes because of its lack of use, but after seeing some commenting about its potential as a solo perk, I initially scoffed. With the way the game is played now there are more killers leaving survivors on the ground for one reason or another so it could be more useful now.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Yes

Devil's advocate, you could probably use that Ada perk as part of a joke build with left behind, adrenaline, and wake up

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options
    No

No because No Mither exists. It‘s pretty bad though.

It‘s funny too because it got a buff a few months ago and it’s STILL almost completely useless.

Dark Theory isn’t great but it’s better than people give it credit for. I’d bring it over buckle up any day of my life.

• OpalescentHare
    OpalescentHare Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Yes

A lot of the perks I'm seeing people counter Buck up with are odd. Perks like sole survivor and Dark Theory can be helpful still. Sole Survivor can improve your chances of escape as the final survivor due to aura blocking and opening gates faster in worst case scenarios. Dark theory can give you a slight boost while looping within the boon, so that you may be able to greed a pallet a bit more forgivingly or be forgiven for not looping tight enough, or getting caught on something for a brief moment.

But Buckle Up? Either you're picking up a survivor and the killer is far away enough that their location doesn't matter, or they are close enough that you can clearly see the killer without aura reading. The only arguable exceptions might be indoor maps due to the LoS differences between indoor and outdoor maps (though terror radius exists as a way to know when the killer is in your general vicinity). Maybe if you need to know if a survivor is recovering, but you can simply stand on them to see their bar. Bit at that point you might as well heal them since it's quicker than recovering. So at that point they are either slugged and you should be healing them since the killer left them (botany would be more helpful), or they are slugged and being camped on the ground, where picking them up is useless unless you or the other person have better perks for picking up players lime WGLF or soul guard or DH.

I was gonna say if Buckle up could reveal auras through knock out but it does not. And I suppose that even if it did, empathy or bond would probably be better options anyways. So nothing it offers is optimal or worthwhile by its of or when paired with other perks.

• K139K05
    K139K05 Member Posts: 217
    Options
    No

I wouldn't quite say it's the worst by itself, but it's definitely one of the worst perks. Up the Ante is still worse thought (by itself), but more useful if you have a build focused on it (like a self-unhook build).

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options
    No

Technician is the worst. If they took away the penalty for missing a skill check, then maybe i'd agree with you.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 489
    Options
    Yes

You know what man, No Mither with Oni is a really interesting combo. I once was playing as Oni and I had a No Mither Survivor in the match. Dude ended up going to a dead area of the map and just hanging out. He ended up hoarding all the blood orbs, and forced me to go ALL the way across the map just to get any blood orbs. Of course once I got there it was an insta fill, but outside of that it was actually kind of frustrating.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    No

Yall forgetting no mither still exists

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 691
    Options
    No

It's a terrible perk but it's not the worst, I'd say Technician, or This Is Not Happening are the worst perks in the game.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    Options
    No

I think people forget that No Mither is a perk.

• AtoTimber
    AtoTimber Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Yes

yall forget about red herring

at least this is not happening works for new players. show me one person who ever got red herring value

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,987
    Options
    No

Slippery Meat.

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117
    Options
    No

Dark Theory is the worst, but he's trying really hard.

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Yes

It needs a secondary effect like - if you are within a certain radius of a downed survivor, they can recover faster or pick themselves up? Kind of like a reverse unbreakable maybe could be interesting?

• CBT137
    CBT137 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    Yes

sole Survivor is goated and low profile hides blood and scratch marks, and activates when you are the last survivor STANDING, not when you are the last survivor

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options
    Yes

How? They both are good for surviving ad the last player

• not_requested49
    Options
    Yes

Probably someone who worked on a gen then went to the other side of the map to work on another lol

It's at least useful for getting that one challenge done tho since it requires it to be used

• not_requested49
    Options
    Yes

no mither has synergy at least with resilience, TINH, and pharmacy (for chest opening challenges)

• not_requested49
    Options
    Yes

Technician definitely is close, but it at least can deny the killer info if you mess up an Overcharge skillcheck (and the gen is already at 0 progress)

• not_requested49
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yes

No mither has synergy with injured perks tho at least so it's not ENTIRELY useless

Even Better if the killer is a plague as you won't have a reason to ever cleanse since you're broken regardless (except spreading it to others I guess)

• not_requested49
    Options
    Yes

Tfw it's a plague tho and all 4 survivors have no mither and therefore no reason to cleanse lol

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    Options
    No

Ironically, not heard of it. But I will die on the hill that Slippery Meat is the worst/most useless perk in the game.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options
    No

It's not the worst, but it is pretty bad.