We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Cheryl Mason’s face not like in SH3

Cheryl/Heather Mason has now been in the game for long enough so why does she still look nothing like herself in Silent Hill 3? Look at the difference, she’s also a lot cuter in SH3. Me and (I’m pretty sure) all Silent Hill fans don’t wanna pay for a Heather Mason that doesn’t even LOOK like Heather mason. I hope the devs (if they hopefully see this) will consider reworking her face this way, I know for a fact that all of us players will appreciate it.

See you lot in the Fog…

Comments

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

Likely to avoid paying her model royalty fees.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,778

Because she's not the same as she is in SH3. This is a couple years on, she's tried to move forward with her life but the presence of Silent Hill has always followed her. When The Entity takes note it takes the version of her a couple years on instead of her literally in Silent Hill.

Also her name is officially Cheryl btw. She says herself she prefers the name Cheryl to Heather, and she only ever used Heather to hide from the cult. After SH3 she officially changed her name.

• MegalodonYT
    MegalodonYT Member Posts: 5

Ok fair enough but STILL, I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t look like that 5 years later. Your face doesn’t just change in all aspects as you get older😂😂

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,152

Because all the new survivors and killers have to be morphed into the Dead By Daylight art style, which just makes them cringey looking. Leon and Jill looked so short compared to their RE2 and RE3 Remake counterparts.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

I agree, she is not Cheryl she is a cosplayer trying to cosplay Cheryl

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264
    edited August 2022

Her model got some small changes, first a different skin and later on slightly different facial features, but it made her mouth lower and made her look older. My guess is, she can only get new changes when the company renews the contract and asks to remake her face.

For example; Claire, she only got a change after about a year and now with the RE chapter she is completely different.

I really hope they change her one day, but her model isn't that bad, so there's a very small chance she'll ever get a change.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,024

You also have to take in to account artist style of Dbd.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

The face is OK (and I mean "just" ok). But I think the biggest issue is that they went out of their way to skinny-afy her (both in her face and her model in general).

It might not seem like much nowadays but back when SH3 released I feel like she had a unique body type that wasn't very common in gaming back then. Now, I'm not asking for BHVR to Jane Romero' her, but just compare the thighs (and face cheeks) of DBD Cheryl to her SH3 self. Very noticeable.