Fix solo Que!

spiritsLeftball
spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Instead of making more ######### DLCs fix solo que and MMR!

Rampant suicide, DCs and toxic killers are ruining the experience. There’s 0 integrity left in matches. I have a vested interest due to the amount of money and time I’ve put into this game and it’s now all of a sudden irrelevant and obsolete.

Killer queues are too long for me personally so I either punish myself playing this or not at all. This game isn’t fun anymore.

Edit: and when I do manage to play killer, all I get are 3 and 4 man squads with skill, where are all these players when I’m playing solo queue? I really think MMR should be reverted to old ranking system because as soon as I hit purple ranks most my matches are pristine dbd.

Comments

• DeleteSWF
    DeleteSWF Member Posts: 20

Make first disconnection a 1 hour timeout, not 5 minutes.

• spiritsLeftball

Yes I was thinking either making it drastically more punishing or remove it all together! Majority of my matches are 3v1s before 3 gens.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited August 2022

You don’t have to keep playing just because of the amount of money and time you’ve put into the game. Just saying. And hey, if BHVR sees the (solo) survivor player base taking a drastic drop, maybe it will lead them to finally do something about it.

• spiritsLeftball

Ive been playing 1 or two matches a week since this current tome 2 released. Today is just a reinforcement of why I’ve not played.

Theres no new games that I like until October. I’ve gone back to playing Battlefield 1 which was released back in 2016 and there’s been 2 subsequent battlefield releases since.

• DeleteSWF
    DeleteSWF Member Posts: 20

It makes no difference if you're not to blame because your connection is bad. Your teammates' games were still ruined. Nobody should have to play with you or your bad internet for at least an hour.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

How does this stop survivors from going AFK or failing skill checks? Especially if they just go AFK. They still aren’t helping you survive.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,338
    edited August 2022

One way the devs could meet us in the middle for this is adding a vote to surrender option for survivors and killers.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Thing is, that's guaranteed to lead to intentional deranking, which'd screw over the current matchmaking even more. We can clearly see that it's one big mess, but there's definitely no need to make things even worse..

What you're describing sounds like Solo Queue, but that's just the way it is. The higher your MMR goes, the more competitive players you're gonna encounter; Unfortunately, that means even more frequent suicides on the hook, disconnects, tunneling, and camping at the same time. If people would've learned how to play games for fun and don't sweat every little detail, we could be having a lot more fun, you know..

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2022

Now I could see 15 or 30-minutes 1st d/c and then 1hr for the second. Then atleast if it is something outside of the player's control the first time the penalty isn't as br00tal.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2022

But it isn't news that it has the chance to be intentionally abused. There's always going to be players that try to do that, it's a given but it wouldn't be the majority. A well-implemented vote to surrender option that would at least make it difficult to abuse as it can while also enabling players an option to get out of their match and queue into a new one in a dignified manner. If a game is hopeless then people don't want to waste their time and would rather go onto the next one. that's one of the main reasons people D/C. With a surrender system either D/c and take a long penalty + the ire of your team or just mutually agree to walk away and queue up for the next game.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

You do agree, and I'm not surprised. I'd have probably stopped discussing this stuff with you if you'd have disagreed, as no sane person would've done that.

... Poor killers, who'll be getting matched against experienced SWF premades with VOIP.. And we could say Gbye to new killers if such a feature ever gets to exist.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Theres a reason my motto for soloq in any game is "######### randoms"

• spiritsLeftball

Yes they can, if the MMR was working at all you should never be placed with with them in the first place, I really believe they relaxed the MMR due to low survivor population.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Can we all stop labeling this as a solo que issue and just say fix matchmaking. I'm concerned that constantly saying solo needs the fix will confuse the devs into more band-aid fixes and survivor buffs that only further the gap swf has.

• spiritsLeftball
    edited August 2022

Match making is only one part of the many issues plaguing solo Q, they loosened the MMR to compensate for the survivor imbalance. But there were a multitude pre existing issues. Not to mention the advantage swf have with comms

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

That'd just make them AFK, despite the fact that DC'ing is pretty punishable, there's not much that can be done cause at the end of the day, if you take away DCING, they'll just ragequit on hook, or afk and wait for a new match. There is no real...alternative option, and the situation varies given what killers are in play and the type of perks.

TBH, I wouldn't force survivors to stay in a match that wouldn't let them do their basic tasks like completing a single gen or more. That's my thing, so i understand why they're doing it, but i don't...really condone it.

• DemonDaddy

That's all implied and impacted by matchmaking. The fact that they try to average teams and plug players when ques overwrite individual mmr all contribute.

Aside from the action icons previously mentioned by the devs, swf and solo will always have a gap due to communication plus the consistency of reliable teamwork. Past attempts to grant solos a boost resulted in low use perks acting as band-aids or adjustments to resource interactions which even swf could further benefit from. I'm hard pressed to think of design changes which only solos could benefit from.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Super good SWF teams make up an iota of the playerbase though, no? SWF is always given as the reason why solo queue cannot be buffed but there’s no evidence these tournament-level SWF teams every killer main on this forum claims to face are common. So I guess the options are to leave solo queue alone or risk strengthening SWF. Either way it goes, DBD cannot survive without a robust population of solo queue players. MMR brackets had to be expanded because so many people, at one time, have stopped playing as solo queue survivors. That doesn’t appear to be changing.

• DemonDaddy
    edited August 2022

I look at it like this; survivors are all the same strength at the individual design level.

What makes swf "stronger" than solo is one part the communication. The ability to relay information instantly not only increases efficiency but can also eliminate elements of a killers loadout.

The second part I would say is the reliability factor. Swf has the benefit of always knowing with whom they are playing and what situations they are capable of acting in.

Common or not, I don't see much reason to improve individual capabilities outside of communication. Swf already proves that survivors have the potential in combination with skill to dominate on every killer in the game. I'm not against any future changes survivors may need, I just prefer they are added in ways that don't further make an issue with swf.