Reassurance is Dead Perk for Solos

2»

Comments

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

They are 1000% right about this one. A 30 sec effect on a 10 sec CD was insane and you know it. You can tell me sweet lies and you can even lie to yourself but under no circumstance was Reassurance ever going to hit live servers in that state.

You gotta be crazy to think otherwise

<3

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,064

As a Perk which only was useable if the Killer actually camped, it had its right to be strong against Camping.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,293

You can still use it twice per survivor if they're being facecamped

You can't. It's per hook instance, not hook-state. Max you can extend hang time now is 90 seconds. It's specifically the anti-camp part that got hit with this nerf.

• Firellius

They're not. Because they don't care about how effective the perk was. The only argument they listened to was that it can keep a survivor hostage on hook indefinitely, 'Preventing them from being sacrificed against their will'.

All they were going for was a way for a hooked survivor to still die when being juggled by Reassurance, and in doing so, they made the entire perk crap.

Interestingly, this shares DS's problem where it's a perk that ONLY gets value under very specific circumstances, when enabled by the killer, and now gets nerfed to not provide value when it DOES get triggered.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,616

Hmm, you're right, I misread that.

It's still very very far from dead, or even dead for solo queue, but it is a little weaker than I first thought. Thirty seconds isn't nothing, it's quite good and still the worst case scenario rather than the reasonable norm, but it should still be once per hook state, not hook instance.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Can you make it clear please. I am a bit confused.

So let's say Claud is on hook. She is on her first hook stage. I used Reassurance. And then i left hook. Will i able to use perk on Claud again when they are on stage 2?

• Firellius

It should just not have been nerfed in this way. All it needed was a way for the hooked survivor to disable the effect and it'd be done. But instead they just nerfed the perk to crap, making it specifically less effective against camping. 30 seconds may not be nothing, but a bunch of that time is spent on moving to and from the hook, so you don't get the full benefit of it anyway. Now that you only get one use, its value has just been cut dramatically.

This was the only thing the devs have tried in 5 years to address camping and it didn't even make it to live.

• Firellius

From what I'm reading: No. You will not be able to use it again on Claudette unless she gets hooked again.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

You can generally activate it through walls and between floors and, even if it takes you 20 seconds to activate it, it gives an extra 30 seconds to your other teammates of which there are 2.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited August 2022

Oh gosh, this is worse than what i thought lol. People are not using Camaraderie because it is garbage perk and now they are releasing Camaraderie version 2.

I swear these devs just hates survivors.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,616

That time is spent with you moving to the hook, not your teammates, who are (at least in theory) doing generators for that time and the extra thirty seconds they get. It still is absolutely a strong tool against camping, but it could stand to be a bit stronger.

I'm on record here saying this wasn't the change I wanted either, but even with no further tweaks it's still clearly a strong tool for camping when you stop and think about it. If this is the fix that they want to implement, then it should be changed to once per hook state, which would be a perfectly acceptable end state.

With their change, it'll make camping far less viable as a tactic. With it being once per hook state, it'd make camping damn near throwing the game.

• Firellius

I don't think it does. Every survivor needs to bring it to get anything resembling value out of it, and even then, I doubt it's going to be sufficient to truly deter camping. The infinite hook timer is a legitimate threat to the tactic and that has been removed.

It's just baffling that the anti-camp perk gets nerfed in its ability to deter camping. Much like DS, the anti-tunnel perk, was nerfed in its ability to deter tunnelling. And like the compensatory BP gain nerfs to offset the grind reduction.

• Street
    Street Member Posts: 37

It's bad perk for soloq. Without comms too much wasted time (not doing gens) as always, when playing alone. Everyone will end up running from gens to hooks. Ruin may thrive a bit.

Trying to fix camping, by listening to the campers feedback is very interesting way to deal with the issue. Not that I'm surprised.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

This is so annoying, it was the only thing I was looking forward to using in the next chapter. Instead of actually fixing the issue without nerfing it, they opted to nerf it to fix the issue.

Now as you say it will only be good in SWFs and at a cost of more perk slots.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I agree; it was more about the concerns regarding camping. They could add the option to press Active Ability to decline Reassurance or implement an opt-out on the hook. 30 seconds per hook is a nothing burger.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

It's not dead, but it's not nearly as effective as it used to be - one person with the perk was previously stronger than three people with it now. And because it doesn't get as much bang for its buck, fewer people are going to run it and habitual facecampers are not going to feel the fear of this perk and stop playing the way they do out of nonviability.

I don't see it as an effective deterrent for basement Bubbas anymore, and that's a real step backwards. There were other ways to fix the issue of people using the perk maliciously than to nerf it this hard.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

It only really mattered if you were hard camping. Otherwise it was locking a survivor out of the game - the survivor's effectively dead for the period of time they're on hook and unhooking them is almost always the better play.

While there were situations this could hurt a killer who was playing honestly (mainly protecting a hook in a 3-gen/by a contested gen, or going back to force a hook stage after survivors left the hook to progress on its own), I'd have considered it a net win to game health to weed out facecampers and soft-nerf the strategy into oblivion. Particularly killers like Billy or Myers who could make hook saves impossible, or the Big Basement B himself. I don't have an issue with facecamping when it happens dynamically and it's the smartest thing to do, but I do have an issue with players who go into matches with the intent to facecamp everyone they catch to death and Reassurance almost managed to force them to play the game before BHVR walked it back just now.

This was a really good patch and I'm happy with nearly every part of it - Better Than New was the only other miss - but the Reassurance change was not a good move.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

It literally stil obliterates camping. What you are asking for is for a single player to be able to singlehandedly stop a camper. Which is understandable, camping is the most boring way to play the game.

Its still insane to think that would have been ok though.

This is still a great perk. S tier if you are going against a lot of campers. Its just not busted af.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

Like Camaraderie, you will never see this perk in trials except Adept Rebecca players.

Because it is garbage level perk now. You are already wasting more time while running to hook. 30 seconds is not buying anything and not punishing campers. BHVR killed it before live.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

At least they didn't nerf hyperfocus sinergy with stake out.