Let's discuss camping, tunneling, 2v1's, SWF and anything that seems awkward about the game

2»

Comments

• ThePrizz
    ThePrizz Member Posts: 111

So just say that you don't want tunneling to stop then lol.

Not being able to tunnel literally means that you should not be able to do anything to the survivor that got unhooked for some time, unless he performs a conspicuous action or he tries to body block.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I don't want to delete playstyles, simple as lol. You sound like the kind of person to think old 16 second heals CoH was fine

• ThePrizz
    edited August 2022

It's a problematic play style that can pretty much ruin the fun for one of the players in a match, and by extension to the other survivors that remain in a 3v1.

I'm a killer main and I still understand how dumb being able to quickly all-in one guy out of the game is.

I wouldn't even call it a play style, it's just abuse of power, because the game lets one guy decide to cancel out the whole experience for the other players. That's exactly how it is.

If I'm a killer, I can just decide to tunnel you, thus I randomly decide to ruin the fun for the whole lobby basically. It's pretty much the equivalent of going afk. The guy getting tunneled has no fun, the other 3 guys have no fun because they either do the gens and escape without any sort of interaction with the killer or they end up 3v1.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

To be fair, while I would love to have DS basekit at some point, and activatable twice, the game isn't quite there yet for something as drastic to be added to the game.

The buff to basekit BT is a great start. Now we just need some fair nerfs to camping, and the game is going to be in a good state. But I would hope that after that, the devs continue to balance this game more, making the fair and normal gameplay of killers even more viable, encouraging killers to really go for as many hooks as possible, and nerfing camping and tunneling further as well.

But I think these type of changes would have to happen gradually together. Some maps for example still need to be looked at, if we would want to nerf camping and tunneling into the ground.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

You lost me when you mentioned fun.

Fun is irrelevant to game balance

• ad19970

I mean that's kind of the point at the moment. To just make it not as effective anymore. A lot of people use tunneling and camping because they are so effective, and take little skill compared to playing killer normally. Now they just need to nerf camping somewhat so that strategy as well isn't as effective, and the game will be in a good spot.

At some point, it would be nice to nerf camping and tunneling into the ground. It will never be 100% preventable, but they could try and make these strategies almost useless, so that killers would often just be throwing the game if they used these strategies. However, the game in general just isn't there yet for such drastic nerfs to those strategies.

• ad19970

That is also a great suggestion. Killers are already in a clearly better spot now, but I agree that they are not quite there yet for such a drastic nerf to tunneling. But hopefully at some point BHVR can implement these type of nerfs to DBD.

• ThePrizz

WHAT ?

People are literally playing this game to have fun, the more fun people can have, the more the game grows, as more people will want to start playing it.

Balance the game in a way that makes it less and less fun and you're gonna start losing players.

Why would anyone balance their game in a way to make it less fun, that sounds so counter-productive.

Mind blowing that don't see the correlation between those two

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Balance≈fun

Fun≠balance

What's so hard to understand?

• ThePrizz

Your logic is so flawed, mind-boggling actually.

You don't seem to understand what balance means. When a game is close to being balanced, both sides have fun, cause there's no particular side having a huge advantage over the other.

In games in which this is not the case, the side that is at a disadvantage, usually has a lot more to gain if it wins the game in the end cause they are fighting the odds, but that definitely doesn't happen in DBD, so there is no reason there not be a balance.

Now you also don't seem to really grasp what people refer to when they talk about fun. It doesn't mean the game is fun when only one person enjoys the experience. A game is fun when all players can have a good experience during a match. Strong accent on the word CAN, since sometimes it doesn't happen, but if you take into account a larger number of games it has happen more times than not in order for a game to be called fun.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

I don't think it is possible to do changes making both sides fair and untouched.

For camping? Increasing timer, removing grab maybe.

About tunneling, I think devs will eventually revert changes done to sprinting time after getting injured, successful hit cooldown.

10 seconds BT is powerful but it doesn't matter when killer has Save Best or instantly hit unhooked person.

Also SBFTL will get nerf.