10 Meters of a Killer

How are you as a survivor supposed to measure the hide within 10 meters for x without being caught when its a "Complete this challenge in a single game". Like why arent the archive progress shown in game. One of them is as much as 60 seconds of hiding next to a killer in a single game. Like how can I keep track of that. Do I just need to wait for an AFK killer game and stand next to them with a stopwatch. Like this just seem impossible to tell on and if it wasnt for the im a single game aspect it would be fine. but when its spend 1/10th of the game in a range that you have 0 concept of because everything else works in 16/24/32 meter increments kinda just seems mean. Especially since it doesnt even tell you how close you were in the last game.

Because of the way its designed you need to guess when youve completed it with 0 partial credit and it goes 100% against the role of survivor. There is 0 benefit to what you are doing in this one. Like at least with the cleanse totems ones and open chests you are doing side objectives. But here youre not completing objectives or even side objectives and youre not distracting the killer because they cant be chasing you.

Like I have 0 issue with archieves being hard or requiring multiple attempts but the complete in a single challenge have a tendancy to not increase the difficulty just the frustration. But this one especially I want to know like how can I measure it.

Comments

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

i was kinda wondering if the new spine chill would be helpful with estimating if youre within 10 meters. like IDK how much needs to be filled to be in that range

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,974

The only way to actually do this challenge is by offering The Game or Midwich (or RPD if you are spicy, and I guess you have the right to do so since the map is getting changed in a few days, so it's like a goodbye lol)

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

i just threw that challenge on and forgot about it. I got it within 3 games or so by just playing. Don’t even think about it too much.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

One thing you can try is listen to the terror radius music. All the killers have three versions out of out of chase, each is about 1/3 the radius. So when you hear the most intense non-chase music you're within about 11 meters.

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

Soo maybe not even in the range you need to be in LOL. I know its one meter so its not a huge deal but its the fact that 10 meters is so ungodly close (2.5 seconds of survivor movement) and you cant be in chase.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I got that one by playing normally until there were two survivors left, then I just chased the killer around until I got it. Don't throw the game to get it, just leave it on until you get a game that's pretty much already over and you can safely be dumb without ruining the game for everyone.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Good idea! 26 meters is roughly 72% of 36. So if your Spine Chill perk gauge is about 3/4ths red, you’re in the clear. Then you can manually time it so long as it stays that way.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Yeah, this one has been bothering me for a pretty long time, too. Some challenges would really be much more beareble with it and not waste everyone time, just because you are not sure if you "got chased by the killer for 75s" or if maybe 10s are missing. Also most of this challenges are 0/1s in the post game screen, so they give you not much feedback if you are doing something right or maybe missing something. An ingame counter that showed you life progress would be such a bit QOL improvement.

Oh, and btw, pretty soon we will be getting the option to be equipping two challenges, ie one for the killer and one for the survivor, so you don't get that aweful feeling were you forgot to switch and just got the perfect game to finish your current "non chosen challenge". Happened way too often to me.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,133
    edited August 2022

I don't get why survivor challenges are either really specific or encourages you to throw the game. Meanwhile killer challenges can be earned by playing the game normally.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

They should add a perk as the solution. A measuring tape perk would be great to address this problem.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

One side of killer shack is 8m in game. Thats how I measure distance usually

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

one piece of advice is run fixated and walk during chase, so you dont lose too much distance, but you do lose chase so the game thinks youre hiding

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Do I just need to wait for an AFK killer game and stand next to them with a stopwatch

This.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I think 1 title equal to 8x8 meters. You can estimate with shack, basic gym, TL

As long as both of you around outside the same title, it will be 10m.