The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

NOED

Ok, I hate going up against this perk and when I use it I feel like I get rewarded for bad play, therefore I believe there should be a nerf incoming for this perk because it just rewards you for being bad at the game, I know some of you will say "just do the totems" like bro how tf am I gonna find 5 totems in a map like swamp or the game, it's a huge hassle that just is not worth it. Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Arik13 said:
    Ok, I hate going up against this perk and when I use it I feel like I get rewarded for bad play, therefore I believe there should be a nerf incoming for this perk because it just rewards you for being bad at the game, I know some of you will say "just do the totems" like bro how tf am I gonna find 5 totems in a map like swamp or the game, it's a huge hassle that just is not worth it. Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way?

You have a choice: either go through the "huge hassle" of breaking the totems, or deal with the perk some other way.

• Arik13
    Arik13 Member Posts: 67

@Malakir said:
    Noed has been nerfed already
    Do totems or get out of rank 10
    That's it

i have been in rank 1 every single season of this game I've been in. Thanks for adding nothing informative to the convo and being a dick for no reason at all. Idiot

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Orion said:

@Arik13 said:

You have a choice: either go through the "huge hassle" of breaking the totems, or deal with the perk some other way.

Lmao the “huge hassle” of each of you breaking one totem and one other survivor breaking an extra is gonna kill the game 😂
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

NOED is so yummy to punish salty trolls in the exit gate T-bagging

(note I was once that troll and the NOED killer punished me in the exit gate)

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Arik13 said:

@Malakir said:
    That's it

i have been in rank 1 every single season of this game I've been in. Thanks for adding nothing informative to the convo and being a dick for no reason at all. Idiot

Np, at least I know how the search button works and after the 256th thread about this I'm actually kinda annoyed how people are lazy and won't learn how to play

I don't use noed since I hit red ranks, it would get destroyed in seconds or not even activate. Just a waste of a slot and still, there you are crying about it
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Arik13 said:

I try to address this in a civil manner, ok?

Noed already recieved several balancing nerfs.
    It used to be unlimited after the gens are powered.
    Than it got limited to 2 min, which resultet in no one using it anymore.
    Than totem became a thing and Noed became a Hex and is unlimited until destroyed.
    Just last patch when all talked about the Noed buff that all tier now have an insta down, the tier 3 variant got nerfed.
    So... in a nutshell, Noed right now is very balanced.
    The killer decided to play most of the game with one perk doing nothing and is risking that this perk will get destroyed before it ever triggers.
    And it is actually not so hard to do for survior, since they are FOUR player. It's not like one person needs to find all 5 totems.
    If every survivor just gos into the game of cleansing at least one dull totem, chances are pretty good that Noed never will trigger (4 totems done plus one Hex[Ruin] destroyed, poof goes Noed).

so please don't be lazy, don't gen rush, just do totems.

• Arik13
    Arik13 Member Posts: 67

@Wolf74 said:

@Arik13 said:

Than totem became a thing and Noed became a Hex and is unlimited until destroyed.
    Just last patch when all talked about the Noed buff that all tier now have an insta down, the tier 3 variant got nerfed.
    The killer decided to play most of the game with one perk doing nothing and is risking that this perk will get destroyed before it ever triggers.
    And it is actually not so hard to do for survior, since they are FOUR player. It's not like one person needs to find all 5 totems.
    If every survivor just gos into the game of cleansing at least one dull totem, chances are pretty good that Noed never will trigger (4 totems done plus one Hex[Ruin] destroyed, poof goes Noed).

thank you for actually talking in a civilized manner and making good points , I would agree with you but I feel like I'm the only one that goes totem hunting in this game and I mostly only play solo so it's quite infuriating having to do work like this on my own since the other survs just wanna farm or bully the killer

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

I can't get it into my head how everyone thinks cleansing all totems is the right approach. There's a much better way of dealing with NOED: cleanse hex totems during game, and possibly 1-2 dulls. Leave a dull alone if it's a away from exit gates and especially if it's in an easy to remember spot. Then go back and check on it once final gen is popped, and stay away from exit gates. Killer will most likely waste his time going to exits first, you should have an easy time cleansing it. Even if there are 2-3 dulls remaining for endgame, it's not a big deal to find them while killer is anxious to guard the exits.

I never use NOED anymore, and not because of constant survivor whining about how "crutch" it is, but exactly because it's ineffective, and easy to counter. But only if you're very smart. And handsome. Like me.

• Wolf74

@Arik13 said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Arik13 said:

thank you for actually talking in a civilized manner and making good points , I would agree with you but I feel like I'm the only one that goes totem hunting in this game and I mostly only play solo so it's quite infuriating having to do work like this on my own since the other survs just wanna farm or bully the killer

Trust me, this is a topic, I have a hard time holding me back.

Anyway, the survivor are a team. The have to perform together in some way.
    If some are distracting the killer, the rest is free to do objectives. Those are gens as well as totems.
    If the team ignores that, they pay for it.
    If they work together, either everyone doing some totems or 1 or 2 do them while the other distract (aka bully) the killer, they succeed (easy).

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I hate NOED as much as the next guy, but as long as DS and Adrenaline are in the game NOED stays to balance it out.
  • Wolf74

I did it again… O.o

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@Malakir said:
    Arik13 said:

@Malakir said:

That's it

Np, at least I know how the search button works and after the 256th thread about this I'm actually kinda annoyed how people are lazy and won't learn how to play

I don't use noed since I hit red ranks, it would get destroyed in seconds or not even activate. Just a waste of a slot and still, there you are crying about it

too lazy to cleanse, too lazy to use the search function. I'm noticing a pattern here :)

• Koriandr
    Koriandr Member Posts: 16
    Wouldn’t be much a problem if it notified survivors they’re exposed like rancor does before getting surprised attacked by it
  • Wolf74

@Koriandr said:
    Wouldn’t be much a problem if it notified survivors they’re exposed like rancor does before getting surprised attacked by it

Yea, god forbid that any survivor gets a nasty surprise in a HORROR SURVIVAL game.
    Survivor should not get jump scared or get an unexpected hit while they felt safe.
    Right?
    :sarcastic:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

So many noed threads lately

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Wolf74 said:

I did it again… O.o

Haha I upvoted your comment too about the surprise in a horror game.

I really don't lile NOED because it feels cheap. I don't like using it because it feels less rewarding than winning in other ways.

But man if I haven't felt like it was 100% justified when I take 2-3 d-strikes in a game killing my momentum and then a few of them get instahealed with adrenaline at the end too. NOED is the counter to that kind of bullshit.

Its especially funny when they sit on the gen until thr last second thinking they're gonna screw you with that adrenaline pop, then bam instadown with noed.
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

NOED is so yummy to punish salty trolls in the exit gate T-bagging

(note I was once that troll and the NOED killer punished me in the exit gate)

You too the words right out my mouth. Great minds think alike lol
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Can the mods combine threads because there are like 2 NOED topics that’s trending right now.

It seems that everyone just want their voice heard. Which is fine but take a look at what we other people have said before trying to adventure off on your own or just simply add to the discussion. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If you need help, you can always replace one of your Perks with Small Game.
    Or equip a Map with a range Add-on & Killer equipment Add-on.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

NOED is a bit too much trollish cuz you dont know killer has it til he hits ya

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited December 2018
    A reward for bad play? No, a punishment for bad play.
    If you were good you would have a good idea of where totems usually spawn, have a perk to find them, and/or find the lit noed totem, and break them.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Iceman said:
    Can the mods combine threads because there are like 2 NOED topics that’s trending right now.

It seems that everyone just want their voice heard. Which is fine but take a look at what we other people have said before trying to adventure off on your own or just simply add to the discussion. 
    Couldn't agree more. 90% of new posts are completely unnecessary. Looks like most forum mains don't know how to do a bloody search.