What's the point of splitting RPD in two?

Options

Per the title, what's the point of splitting the map in two if they add more sections that counteract said cuts and make the map only barely smaller than it was before?

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

It's stilll as convoluted as ever, too.

Mid-evening I had to switch to Deja Vu just to find gens.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

You're still cutting out a significant portion of the station. I think it was a cool idea.

New maps are always confusing until you learn them. And Deja Vu getting more use sounds good to me.

• Archvile
    Archvile Member Posts: 57
    Options

Only indoors map ever cause problem for the playerbase as far as navigability is concerned, because outdoors map are designed in a way where "naive pathfinding" (just going around obstacles while still moving in the general direction of your target) is always possible. RPD was especially horrible at this which is unsurprising since it's literally designed to be labyrinthine and hard to navigate (otherwise you wouldn't get a map in RE).

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,989
    Options

They didn't even reduced the size of the maps very much. Other than losing the third floor in the library, seems to have been a pointless change.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe we shouldn't be balancing around people who can't learn a map after the 7th time they've played on it.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 438
    Options

This map feels even more survivor sided than before. More god pallets and additional areas outside? Who thought this was a good idea?

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

The point was to have 2 RPD's instead of 1. Double the FUN....

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,225
    Options

The point was to tackle its absurd size (which they did do, to be fair, the added size mostly seems to be wide outdoor sections that make navigating easier than before) without cutting out that many points of interest.

Rather than just shrinking it, thus cutting out areas of the RPD that players who are fond of RE2 may want to see, this way they can have the two separate maps within the same realm containing different portions of the map. It was a very smart idea in theory regardless of how you feel about the end result, in my opinion.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

It's better than the original version of the map and there is no arguing that.

• typervader
    typervader Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 491
    Options

When I think east or west wing, I think two wings. Not a wing and half of another