Should RPD be deleted from public matches entirely?

Breadn
Breadn Member Posts: 203

Personally, I don't know anyone who likes this map. It has next to no skillful loops, and the pallets are all either too safe or too unsafe. Totems are impossible to find, many killer powers barely work on the map, and it has horrible flow.

Am I the only one?

Should RPD be deleted from public matches entirely? 42 votes

Delete RPD from the public match pool, but make it accessible in customs.
35%
MrPenguinMrsGhostfaceMeneLawpanakucilverNormal1PatatesbadThotsTheArbiterThatOneDemoPlayerLeFennecFoxkizuatixni6_SlowpeachByeByeQJacobiusWick 15 votes
Delete RPD from the public match pool, and from customs.
14%
CotJockyTatariudarkcloudlinkAnother_LegionMainRMTKotelettphantom 6 votes
Keep RPD in the public match pool.
50%
MiriamGallMadherebrokedownpalaceWolff_BringermrpiesellerMattie_MayhemOGEmealTsela[Deleted User]VenusaAlex_Plsfix369SmoeHalloulleSekiSekiMetronixPhreshSteakSlanWowieOrangeBear 21 votes

Comments

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 306

Ok, I understand the reason for this, but the problem lies on map offerings for me. Almost every match I am playing now comes with a RPD offering, which makes the game repetitive as both maps are, essentially, the same (come on, 50 percent of the east wing is on the West map, or maybe is the opposite, but you get the idea).

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 702

I think there’s a lot of maps that should be deleted. I think they are honestly more concerned with the aesthetics then how it actually plays.

All versions of RPD including the old one are complete ass to navigate. I can do it but if I’m on hook the amount of times I see a survivor bump into a dead end repeatedly just makes me feel bad for them.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143

I don't think it's that bad. Onld RPD wasn't that bad either, just a little big. But the new one is fairly reasonable, if maybe thr amount of pallets is reduced, or some loops are beong looked at.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,940

no skillful loops

What is a skillful loop? and why should the rest of the community agree?

the pallets are all either too safe or too unsafe.

How are the loops too safe/unsafe? and why does that matter?

Totems are impossible to find

Take some time to learn the layout of the totem spawn locations or pick a perk that teaches you their locations then.

many killer powers barely work on the map

There is a bug section on the forum for reporting Powers that down work. Unless your problem is that you can see long distance.

if so, Welcome to the wonderful world of indoor Murder.

it has horrible flow

If the match isn't progressing at your desired speed, take perks that find survivors or gens. You and your players can control the flow.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

they could have a map pool rotation. so every week/month/something theyll rotate in maps, and rotate maps out. so like they could remove rpd, garden, eyrie, red forest or swamp from the map pool every month, and then see how people play knowing they cant go to the biggest maps in the game.

and since they still havent removed map offerings, they could finally retire those and give players quite possibly millions of bp in return (yay to everyone who doesnt use them) or have it so map offerings make it so all the mini maps in the offerings group are added into rotation if they want swfs to just abuse killers still, or have strong killers bring strong builds and know the map theyre going to to be 100% prepared (also busted)

and they could do community votes to choose what maps go into rotation. idk i feel like removing maps that people dont like from rotation and giving the community a say in what goes and what doesnt would be a good thing

an unfortunate problem is survivors outnumbering killer 4 - 1, so its more likely the more balanced maps will get pulled out of rotation, and the survivor sided maps will remain in the map pool, but maybe bhvr will come up with a way to compensate for this

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 633
    edited September 2022

@Emeal :

no skillful loops

"What is a skillful loop?"

A loop without alternative: you can't mindgame. If surv drops the pallet, he has 2 solutions: to flee to the next loop and take the risk to take a free hit or to vault/doublevault the pallet. Using & playing with the bloodlust is the best solution to give this free hit if the killer doesn't want to break the pallet.

No skill are required on these titles. This why:

the pallets are all either too safe or too unsafe.

"How are the loops too safe/unsafe? and why does that matter?"

It matters a lot for survivors because they shouldn't expect to drop pallet on these unsafe loops. These pallets doesn't matter and could be removed on this map without consequence on the gameplay.

And some pallets (2 and sometimes 3, depending of the RNG) are too safe because the killer has not choice to break the pallet if he want to pursuit the survivor & to continue the chase or if he needs to take this way for the next...

many killer powers barely work on the map

"There is a bug section on the forum for reporting Powers that down work."

An Hillbilly will rarely use his chainsaw on RPD without some appropriated add-ons - except on these unsafe loops ofc (for the reasons detailled above). An Oni or a Blight has certainly more chance/movement ability to get a hit using his power on this map.

No need to report that in the bug section. Many maps are differently designed regardless the killer's powers. This one isn't an exception to the rule...

Yesterday, I've seen again a Nurse reaching a close area, unreacheable without a blink, thing 'allegedly' fixed since the 1st. RPD rework...