We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Contradiction in Soldiers of Mayhem

Options
Slowpeach
Slowpeach Member Posts: 673

Just doing some fan work writing imagining how Joey's tome would be and comparing with Soldiers of Mayhem and I noticed a contradiction.

Julie only comes up with the name 'The Legion' on the night they attack the hardware store which is of course their last night in the normal world. However we know that Jeff did the mural for the Legion at some point before that. There's no way they could have commissioned Jeff to do the mural on that night.

Do I think about stuff too much? 🤔

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Would make sense considering the cutscene plays out slightly differently compared to the lore. In the lore, they all take turns stabbing the clerk but in the cutscene just frank and julie kill the store clerk.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 673
    Options

This one actually has a valid explanation. Trauma or moments like this make people remember it differently. It’s hard to know if this is what they were going for. Doubtful considering this significant contradiction but innocent until proven guilty.

Even if Frank’s or the base lore version didn’t exist, the video or Julies memory of the incident is incredibly weird. This was not a premeditated kill. The target was nobody special to them. Why is there all this romantic imagery and fantasy as if they had assassinated a major enemy. Simple. It’s not what actually happened. Merely how Julie wants to remember it and not her weakness.

Franks or the base version is less questionable but also presents him favourably, very in charge and in command of the Legion. In the version I’m writing for Joey it’s different again and Susie would have a different retelling too.